Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Jungle Jim said:

The silly one-helmet rule would prevent it, but it would be interesting to see the Bengals simulate the albino tiger for one game or, dare I say it, as a twice-a-year alternate...

BengalsHelmetOrangeChrome_zps4c0aaf6d.jp929481_370.jpg

That would actually be pretty cool. Heck, I say just rebrand them using white and black.

Then I'd have to become a Bengals fan, if only so I could go to games dressed like this:

Spoiler

Mmpr-white_zpsjs7fuvwa.png

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Raiders never wore gold numbers. It was an error and an assumption they did in 1963 due to lack of clear evidence. They wore silver numbers with thick black outline at the time.

That's not to say that the Raiders never wore gold, though.  It was a prominent accent color for the first three seasons. 

Not sure how Nike would pull that off with the current templates, but I'd like to see it.  The New York Canadiens would look pretty good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, StrongXStyle said:

CgL-5KHUUAA710k.jpg:large

Seeing the Texans is going with baby blue 

I call BS (no pun intended). 

Why would the Texans pull an all Oiler blue look that's already been done before by the former Houston team that still owns those rights & colors?

tempAP_860144609364--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.

My guess is the Texans go a Bucs Color Rush route: All Red with Navy numerals, which provides a slight differentiation from the current Red alternate so they can sell another jersey to fans. 

If they go the Bills route, it's nothing new (see below) and a lost merchandising opportunity. And that makes no sense because this is the NFL and teams have to make that money.

ap-01026d9674f14a928b1c691f2876507f.jpg

I think we can expect the same for other teams. So that means, if the Steelers hinted at an all black look, we could see this, a slight differentiation from the current black home jersey. 

bencolorrush_black.jpg?w=1000

NYCdog.png

4 minutes ago, Pabig said:

How can you "own" a color? Yes, they continue to honor the Oilers records but that doesn't forbid the Texans to honor the history of the NFL in their town.

They've never honored Oiler history at all to my recollection? It's been a clean break. Why start now? 

NYCdog.png

Serious (and unfortunate) question. 

How does Nike further screw up the Browns for Color Rush? 

brownsgroup-654x367.jpg

Maybe an all orange look with all brown numerals, fonts, & details? 

NYCdog.png

2 minutes ago, Brummie said:

What's going to look worse: the Saints in all gold or the Bucs in all pewter?!

also, what colour are the Falcons wearing? Can't tell if it's white or grey.

People have been clamoring for all pewter for the Bucs for years..

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

All pewter would look awful in the current materials without the shimmer fabrics 

Pewter is an awful color. The Bucs should have ditched it all together and went completely red, orange and white.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

7 minutes ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

Pewter is an awful color. The Bucs should have ditched it all together and went completely red, orange and white.

Seems like a missed opportunity to bring back a creamsicle set for the colour rush game this year. Although I'm sure the hemet would do it no favours at all.

1 hour ago, seattlesonicsofsacramento said:

And it looks like we'll get to see a modern (and neck-to-toe) interpretation of these:

That "leak" is so sloppy, Nike should be embarrassed if it's actually real.  We're at square one with this year's Color Rush.

Archived