Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

23 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Are the Color Rush pants stripes wider than the normal pants? We know that was true with the Pats, and to me it looks like it could be with the Dolphins and Bengals. 

IMG_7680.JPG

This was the case last year when multiple Dolphins test piloted the Vapor Untouchable template in the normal white uniforms. It skewed the proportions of the stripes. All players are wearing the updated jerseys and pants below except Suh who is wearing the new pants with the Elite 51 jersey.

IMG_4287.JPG

IMG_4288.JPG

IMG_4289.JPG

This is what the stripes should look like:

IMG_4290.JPG

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just woke up from a nap when the Miami-Cincy game started up...the Bengals' uniforms are nice, and would actually be a good set (with some orange trimming around the numerals and shoulders) should they go with a new design.  I don't mind their current unis, except the drop shadows on the numerals are too distracting and unnecessary.

The Miami Dolphins, on the other hand--ugh...the jersey top is only nice with the white pants, but the all-orange looks makes them look like human-sized carrots.

Overall, the Cincinnati-Miami game was a good looking Color Rush matchup. I'd say this matchup is second best of this year's Color Rush games so far. Only behind the Jets-Bills game.

Arizona-San Francisco isn't going to come anywhere close to looking good next week. Automatic last place finish in Color Rush matchups this year IMO. Would have been better to see SF in an all white alternate and Arizona in their all black Color Rush uniforms, but sadly we get to see SF in all black.

I'd really like these Miami sets if paired with the normal white pants and classic half orange and half white socks. As is, they're a little numbing on the brain with so much orange.

For comparison's sake...take the Gators. I can handle and actually enjoy their all orange. It's a normal shade and fairly close to what the Dolphins used to use.

IMG_4296.JPG

But the Dolphins new orange is a substantially brighter color. I think it actually works well in small applications like they use on their home and away sets. But from the neck down? Way too much. That color needs to be limited in use. Just as the jersey would be fine.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

I'd really like these Miami sets if paired with the normal white pants and classic half orange and half white socks. As is, they're a little numbing on the brain with so much orange.

For comparison's sake...take the Gators. I can handle and actually enjoy their all orange. It's a normal shade and fairly close to what the Dolphins used to use.

IMG_4296.JPG

But the Dolphins new orange is a substantially brighter color. I think it actually works well in small applications like they use on their home and away sets. But from the neck down? Way too much. That color needs to be limited in use. Just as the jersey would be fine.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Another example is Tennessee, whose shade of orange is very similar to what the Dolphins now use and their normal home set (white/orange/white) is gorgeous, one of the best in college football. Even when they've worn both orange tops and bottoms in the past it's looked fairly good, maybe bordering on too much orange, but still good. But when you combine all of that with full length socks and shoes of the same color it's just too much. That Dolphins Color Rush jersey would look very nice with white pants and half orange/half white socks, and the aqua on the helmet and pant stripes would provide a very nice contrast to the Orange of the jersey and socks.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I was at the game last night. Thoughts 

Bengals:

- sharp, slick, cool, DOPE AF. These are my favorite Color Rush uniforms out of any of the teams. 

- I was in the upper deck and I could legibly read the Bengals numbers! I haven't been able to do that in over a decade! BLOCK FONT 4LYFE

- It was so nice to watch a Bengals game and enjoy how the uniforms looked. I haven't felt that feeling of uni-nerd satisfaction with this team since 2003. I really want to see a full time set based on these. (Orange sleeves, black stripes, block numbers - orange outline). They looked like a group of professionals. 

- Jerseys looked good on the fans. I'm gonna need to buy one of these. 

- the helmets sort of stood out from the rest of the uniform, but I sort of liked that element of it. They included just enough orange in the jerseys for the helmets not to look out of place. This is probably the only time I'll ever call for this, but I would've liked an alternate helmet in this case. All white and black with no orange would've looked really cool.

Dolphins:

- Clownish. They looked like clown fish. Aqua or blue would've been the right color to use for them. That color orange should not be worn by men of that size from shoulders to their toes. They looked silly. 

- On TV the orange was really bright and vibrant, but in person it appeared muted and dull, like the same shade as a circus peanut. That could've been the stadium lights playing tricks, though. 

- Did the numbers have multiple outlines? I couldn't tell because the aqua and blue were mashing together. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

10 hours ago, usulkane said:

I actually think this might be the best set the Bengals have...(considering the mess they usually have with the half-toilet bowl collar, white side panel and dropshadows ect..)

Damning with faint praise, but I agree with you.  Bleaching out all the random panels and fades hides many of the flaws in their uniform design.

Out of all their terrible options, this is the least-terrible.  

17 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Are the Color Rush pants stripes wider than the normal pants? We know that was true with the Pats, and to me it looks like it could be with the Dolphins and Bengals. 

IMG_7680.JPG

I'll never understand why teams will wear socks that are the same color as their pants. 

This color rush needs to go away, and bring back more team throwback uniforms and do away with this one-helmet rule which the NCAA is already showing  that they view it as ridiculous or they would've gone to that very same rule as he NFL.

Archived