Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

8 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I'm with you. A teal helmet would be instantly recognizable among the rest of the teams in the NFL. I'd say that's what they've been trying to accomplish with the last two lids.  

Here's a live-action mock-up of a teal helmet -- 

bortles.png

I took the liberty to replace some of the gold on the jersey with teal to match the helmet. 

That looks great actually! Wonder if maybe even adding a helmet stripe of black and gold might make it better at all?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I have issues with the alternate pirate ship too. It's too vertical and too detailed for the application they use it for. 

I much prefer the old one

Ship.jpg

It'd be a better logo for the LA Clippers if they took off the skull and swords and worked a basketball in behind it. 

Also why is the pole in front of the flag in the back? No one noticed that when they designed the logo?

9 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

Honestly it balances out the color of the away uniform a lot better with the all white socks and cleats look. They should do that full time.

noticed this right away last night. really love the all white socks for the Cards. those stripes that taper down the leg works so much better this way instead of being bluntly interrupted by the red-topped sock. gives a much better sense of "flow" and "motion" and feels like the right balance of both colors. this really doesn't even feel like a white color rush uni, it just feels right. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

9 hours ago, j'villejags said:

I'm with you. A teal helmet would be instantly recognizable among the rest of the teams in the NFL. I'd say that's what they've been trying to accomplish with the last two lids.  

bortles.png

I took the liberty to replace some of the gold on the jersey with teal to match the helmet. 

The jersey needs to be teal as well for these to look their best. And I never realized they had striping on the yokes as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, j'villejags said:

bortles.png

Hmmm, I think that is a little too much teal. Using your's, I removed the collar all together and changed the badge back. 

bortles.png.eb5cd45c9a61421cc282602715c9ac4a.png

37 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Hmmm, I think that is a little too much teal. Using your's, I removed the collar all together and changed the badge back. 

That looks nice. I could definitely do without those slashes around the collar. Good work!

2 hours ago, buckeye said:

That looks great actually! Wonder if maybe even adding a helmet stripe of black and gold might make it better at all?

Thanks! Here's an attempt at stripes. 

bortles2.png

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

4 minutes ago, eRay said:

Those helmets look good and all...but don't the chine straps have to be white in the NoFunLeague?

You're probably right. I know they used to wear black chinstraps back in the day, but I don't know that I've seen any recently. 

jacksonville-jaguars-running-back-fred-t

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

On 10/6/2016 at 10:45 AM, McCarthy said:

I have issues with the alternate pirate ship too. It's too vertical and too detailed for the application they use it for. 

I much prefer the old one

Ship.jpg

It'd be a better logo for the LA Clippers if they took off the skull and swords and worked a basketball in behind it. 

Also why is the pole in front of the flag in the back? No one noticed that when they designed the logo?

I can't believe I never noticed that.

3 hours ago, j'villejags said:

That looks nice. I could definitely do without those slashes around the collar. Good work!

bortles2.png

I think the only thing missing now is a little more gold, so I would make the badge gold like normal and that's perfection imo.

3 hours ago, j'villejags said:

bortles2.png

Really sharp. I've never liked their double outlined numerals (I'd drop the gold) but this helmet is amazing.

5 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Here's the helmet with the unedited jersey for comparison.

bortles3.png

Much better IMO. Only change I would make from here would be to make the letters on the nose bumper gold to match the letters in the crest but otherwise it looks great.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

23 hours ago, Chawls said:

I've always been critical of posters who use solid white socks with no stripes in their concepts. But seeing the Cardinals wear solid white socks with their white pants and white shoes in reality, it doesn't look half bad IMO. 

No, I'd remain critical. There needs to be some sort of color between white pants and low whites. Plus, striped socks are super cool.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived