Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Would it ever actually occur to Nike to go ahead and design color and white uniforms for all teams next year? Since some teams are essentially forced to wear their normal away uniforms in a color rush game, it's almost like a give up of "color rush"

I agree. I just wish they'd have enough time to see the schedule, and then design a perfect match up color wise each week. To me the Chargers/Broncos was the best one yet and I'd love to see something just as vibrant each Thursday. I mean most of these just look like another game. If it's going to be "color rush" let's make it different.

It's probably been mentioned before, but I'll say it anyway...

Having teams wear white really defeats the purpose of "Color Rush". It's suppose to be one team wearing one of their primary colors against the other team in one of their primary colors. If they're going to have contrasting (or colorblind) issues, then this experiment of theirs was bound to be a failure from the beginning.

The one-helmet rule also ruins the whole appeal of this; it's suppose to be all one color against one color. Make the helmets the same color as the rest of the uniform.

2 hours ago, hort22 said:

couldn't atlanta have at least worn these tonight...not technically a color either but at least its not white.

Screen-Shot-2016-02-04-at-102431-AM.png

Ahh remember the good ole days when pants actually had a shine to them?  Instead of the dull era we are stuck in of matte pants for everyone.

The Falcons need to bring the black jersey back.

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Would it ever actually occur to Nike to go ahead and design color and white uniforms for all teams next year? Since some teams are essentially forced to wear their normal away uniforms in a color rush game, it's almost like a give up of "color rush"

Perfect opportunity for the Rams to bring these back if they're forced to wear white so that they wouldn't clash...

IMG_1490.JPG

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

3 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Perfect opportunity for the Rams to bring these back if they're forced to wear white so that they wouldn't clash...

IMG_1490.JPG

I feel like if this were actually brought back, a lot of people would complain that it looks too much like the Colts, and people would want there to be more design to it. This uniform is fairly plain compared to their other options.

9 hours ago, dennisbergan said:

Actually it has much more to do with the font the Yucs use then anything else.

The numbers are just flat hard to read.

I've been saying for three years now that all the Bucs need to do to make their new uniforms palatable is change the number font to something more readable and maybe pirate-ish, fix the pant stripe to something more traditional, and put the pirate ship logo on both sleeves.

Lights Out did a pretty decent concept a few years back that (other than the missing sleeve patches) pretty much sums up my wishes.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Nike needs to put more thought into Color Rush. We should never have to see a white uniform.  It's known that Thursday Nights are only ever inter-divisional games with the rare exception of two of the teams that played on the prior Thanksgiving Thursday.  So pick one color for each team in each division that contrasts with all others and stick with it.  Take the NFC South for instance:  Panthers are carolina blue. Saints are all gold. Falcons are all black. Bucs are all red.  Every team had a color and they all provide enough contrast for one another no matter who the opponent is. 

The rest of the league:

Pats: Silver

Jets: Green 

Bills:  Blue

Dolphins:  Aqua

Steelers: black

Bengals: orange 

Ravens: purple

Browns: brown

Colts: blue

Titans: columbia blue

Texans: red

Jags:  gold

Broncos: navy

Chargers: yellow

Raiders: silver

Chiefs: red

Giants: blue

Eagles: kelly green

Cowboys: silver

Redskins: burgundy

Lions: honolulu blue

Vikings: purple

Bears: orange

Packers: green

49ers: gold

Rams: royal blue

Cardinals: red

Seahawks: gray (or neon green if you dont care about the color blind vs the Cards)

11 hours ago, dennisbergan said:

Ahh remember the good ole days when pants actually had a shine to them?  Instead of the dull era we are stuck in of matte pants for everyone.

The Falcons need to bring the black jersey back.

I agree. The Falcons in black would have been much better. I just don't like the white color rush uniforms as a general rule. It just defeats the whole concept!

1 hour ago, Wandell said:

I agree. The Falcons in black would have been much better. I just don't like the white color rush uniforms as a general rule. It just defeats the whole concept!

And if you have to do white, at least come up with something new. New York, Houston, Green Bay and Atlanta have all (basically) just worn their away uniforms.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

20 hours ago, dennisbergan said:

Actually it has much more to do with the font the Yucs use then anything else.

The numbers are just flat hard to read.

Actuary it has much more to do with the color.. A colored number on a colored jersey is difficult to make out from the broadcast booth.. I spent 4 years broadcasting college games on the radio.. That's the reason you don't hear the broadcasters complaining about their normal jerseys being hard to read (just ugly as Hell).. The white alarm clock numbers are MUCH easier to read than the pewter ones

Archived