Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What really jumps out to me from the Saints' Color Rush look is that they don't have enough white in their regular look. There's none on either set of pants ad there's only a sliver of an outline around the numbers on the black jersey. The helmet is the best part of their look and it's the only place where you really see white. 

I agree with the call for more white and gold.  This uniform was almost perfect as road uni.  A similar black home jersey with white numbers/gold trim would be best.  Could then be worn with white pants, and/or alternate gold pants (new white/black stripes), even other alternate black pants (with stripes please). 

Maybe then a new white jersey 3rd alternate, with all black numbers and trim - no gold.  "Throwback" solid black or all white pants.  For a rare alternate white/black Thursday night look. 

All the Saints need for a new look is black socks with gold stripes, a gold version of the pants (with black-white-black pants stripes) and black (with white-gold-white-gold-white shoulder stripes) and gold (with black-white-black-white-black shoulder stripes) versions of the jersey and a helmet with the update shade of gold...

Best color rush look by far! 

YVRMUBj.png

52 minutes ago, C-Squared said:

I loved the Saints color rush unis like everyone else, but the helmet shell not matching the high saturation of the jersey numbers drove me nuts... would love to see the shell gold dialed up to match a new primary set based on this beaut!

Totally agree. That washed out beige gold is horrible. New Orleans needs the real, flashy, true gold full time.

As a Saints fan, I loved the CR look. It really needs to be their full-time set. As others have said, just need matching black jerseys and pants. Also gold pants obviously as well as a gold jersey for future CR games. 

My only grip is the shoulder strips. O know it's traditional but they just don't fit modern cut jerseys. Make the shoulder strips the the same 3 strip pattern of the pants and helmet. And add the stripping pattern to the socks too

I love gold numbers on white for the Saints, absolutely love it, but I'd go with single-layer black names on white (and white on black) so there are no contrast issues with smaller, more detailed features. I'd lose that goofy Champion sans-serif or whatever that is, too. That never looked right on them.

EDIT: that's what the throwbacks did anyway, okay, good

1994_NewOrleans.png

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

20 hours ago, elevenstraight said:

As a Saints fan, I loved the CR look. It really needs to be their full-time set. As others have said, just need matching black jerseys and pants. Also gold pants obviously as well as a gold jersey for future CR games. 

My only grip is the shoulder strips. O know it's traditional but they just don't fit modern cut jerseys. Make the shoulder strips the the same 3 strip pattern of the pants and helmet. And add the stripping pattern to the socks too

I think the 5 stripes looks better than 3.  Browns and Packers would look better as well (IMO) with five stripes instead of current stripes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I think the 5 stripes looks better than 3.  Browns and Packers would look better as well (IMO) with five stripes instead of current stripes.

I would definitely agree with you if they still had proper sleeves. But they don't. 5 stripes on the current cut of sleeves look forced and stuck / slapped on. Also you don't even see all off the strips on some of the players as they are tucked in. 

7 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The issue with the NFL sleeves is the Nike logo on them, which pushes the stripes down. 

Teams need to follow Cincinnati's lead and place the swoosh inside the stripes. Pittsburgh used to place the Starter logo in the middle so I don't know why they don't do it now.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/29/2016 at 0:02 PM, the admiral said:

The Packers are an elite franchise. The Bears are the Arizona Cardinals with a championship that precedes the Challenger disaster.

The Bears are the Arizona Cardinals ...? 

With or without a pre-Challenger championship - either way - I don't understand the comparison.

And yet, seven people ... SEVEN PEOPLE  ... like it. 

On 10/29/2016 at 0:02 PM, the admiral said:

I've been messageboarding for about seventeen years, okay? I don't write my stuff anymore, I just kick it from my head, you know what I'm sayin'? I can do that. No disrespect, but that's how I am.

Now THIS part of your post  I am down with!  

I'm still thinking I should stand up for my own "Elite List,"  but this part of your post won me over ... I love those stream-of-conscious, for logic read between-the-lines posts ... so how about we settle all this by agreeing that: "The Chicago Bears are a consensus elite franchise."

Works for me ....

On 10/30/2016 at 9:58 AM, guest23 said:

As a bears fan I can confirm this statement is true...

As a Bears fan you can confirm that the Packers are an elite franchise?

wS7MJ6T.png

Sad thing is that the Bears once were an elite franchise. George Halas won more championships than Curly Lambeau.  

But since then, they've been middle-of-the-road with but rare flashes of greatness that never last.  Even their one championship is underwhelming, considering what came after it. 

It's a shame, the rivalry is much more fun when both teams are great.  If (as we know) the Packers are the New York Yankees of football, then I wish the Bears could be the St. Louis Cardinals. 

Archived