Alternative Football Universe: Lega 1 (Summary)

PascalHugo

FC Atlantes Cote Basque
In the region of the Iparralde, or the French part of the Basque Country, football has never been able to develop to reach the highest professional level. The teams from the various cities crawled into the smaller series until they decided to join the forces. On 10 May 2010 FC Biarritz, Olympique Bayonnais and Racing Anglet fused to form a new team. The FC Atlantes Cote Basque was born. The club departed from the fourth division and within three years came to second division. On May 10, 2015, exactly 5 years after its birth the club won the first ever promotion in Première Ligue. This exponential growth is mainly due to the club's proper investment. A youth academy with the very highest level of equipment and above all a new stadium inaugurated in the first season in Première Ligue. 
l3sZRwn.jpg

The crest of Atlantes features all the elements that distinguish this young club. Inside a modern form on a light blue background there is a dark blue band with inside the name of the team. Above a ship that represents the sea. Below is the Lauburu, a historical symbol of the culture and Basque people. The crest is enclosed in a frame representing the Ikurrina, the flag of Euskal Herria.
Map

n7pCdsw.jpg

Kits
At first, to represent the club, the main colors of the three founding clubs, red, yellow and blue were chosen. But the choice did not convince enough and so it chose a new color that expressed everything. The light blue, the color of the sea was chosen. The Italian brand Kappa dressed the club since 2014 instead Suez sponsored it since 2012.
D8qoUyU.jpg
rmrW0z7.jpg
CUzzh9v.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 8:52 PM, Johhog said:

Exciting! Your work is excellent. Here's hoping England's up next.

Yes my friend, we move on England!

On 7/6/2017 at 5:27 AM, NSLthe2nd said:

This is one of my favorite threads to follow since coming back. Keep 'em coming, Pascal!

Thank you so much! Continue to follow me!

On 7/6/2017 at 9:49 PM, osctheg said:

I don't like soccer as much as as other sports but this concept series is very well made. Will we be seeing an American league?

Thanks!! For first I want to finish the most important league of Europe, after that I think is possible to do other league. An American League is one of them.

On 10/6/2017 at 6:27 AM, Johhog said:

One thing that I like about this project is the fact that you've gone for some interesting, unexpected (but not unrealistic) choices. Erfurt, Lübeck, Limoges and Biarritz... Nice!

Thanks!! I'm trying to create different clubs around the various nations. It's too simple to repeat the cities of the existing clubs.

Guys, creating an identity for an English football championship proved to be one of the most complicated things I could do. And for two weeks we've been working on it. The identity of the Premier League is too big and persistent in my mind. Everything brought me back to that damn lion. Then I tried to completely change the whole point, relying on other symbols of Albion's land. But here is another problem. I can not create an identity that is so tied to England as well as inside I want to include Welsh clubs. So I decided to go controversy. I know my logo is very similar to a variant of the old symbol of the Premier. I know that in a while, maybe when I'm working on the next league, I think something innovative and appropriate for my version.

PREMIER DIVISION

ZVNQCKB.jpg

The Premier Division is an English professional league for men's association football clubs. At the top of the English football league system, it is the country's primary football competition. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation. Welsh and Scottish clubs that compete in the English football league system can also qualify. Born in 1897, it makes it one of the oldest leagues in the world. In addition to this is one of the most famous football competitions in the world, recognized and followed in every nation. The Premier Division is a corporation in which the 20 member clubs act as shareholders. Seasons run from August to May. Teams play 38 matches each (playing each team in the league twice, home and away), totalling 380 matches in the season.[1] Most games are played on Saturday and Sunday afternoons; others during weekday evenings. It is colloquially known as the Premiership and outside the UK it is commonly referred to as the English Premier Division (EPD).

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, _OCallaghan_ said:

Yay!!! I fancy to have some Scottish clubs in this brad new version of the English championship, don't you feel like to do it?

I had in mind a picture of the cities and teams to do, but now you have made me an incredible doubt. Adding even Scottish clubs was something I had thought little about. But now I'm beginning to think it's possible. I have to work on it because I need to understand how to implement this new idea.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PascalHugo said:

I had in mind a picture of the cities and teams to do, but now you have made me an incredible doubt. Adding even Scottish clubs was something I had thought little about. But now I'm beginning to think it's possible. I have to work on it because I need to understand how to implement this new idea.

Just imagine a Scottish-English match in a kind of the same situation that a Catalan-Spanish rivalry (Barcelona-Madrid). That would be awesome, mate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, _OCallaghan_ said:

Just imagine a Scottish-English match in a kind of the same situation that a Catalan-Spanish rivalry (Barcelona-Madrid). That would be awesome, mate.

It was be awesome, really. I do this! I'm only able to find a way to create something realistic and new (Celtic and Rangers have a very strong identity). I dont know if i doing something like "La Liga" with Scottish clubs since the birth of the league, or like the possible reality, where Rangers and Celtic enter in the league after many many years of Scottish Championship. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mamiller99 said:

Really excited to see what you do with this! Will this league have more parity like the BPL in real life?

:D Yeah, it will have more parity. I already have a picture of winning teams, but now I have to solve this new issue concerns the implementation of Scottish teams. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...