Toronto Maple Leafs Modernization Throwdown

wquarton

I actually did this in May, but hey it's nice to know the Maple Leafs are finally rebranding. I 'roundeled' it because it's the hot trend. Then I realized later that the Raptors and the Blue Jays' logos were round. Only fitting! Lastly, the leaf is divided into three parts and are drawn to resemble an arrow. These symbolize the team's desire to win the Stanley Cup. They be movin' on up.

cZRDitc.png

This is my favorite of those posted. (but there are some GREAT ideas here) The reason I'm so keen on this on is how fresh and dynamic it is. Its like nothing they've done before. If you stare at the center it looks like the pieces start moving around. Very cool. My only criticism could be the "Maple Leafs" text doesn't follow the same curve as the circle.

Great job everyone.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only criticism could be the "Maple Leafs" text doesn't follow the same curve as the circle.

Yup, still learning about that. Thanks for the comment! *thumbs up*

Are you using illustrator? I had trouble with that too but Ive found if you put the text inside the circle path and use a larger circle it can be a bit easier to manipulate how you want.

My only criticism could be the "Maple Leafs" text doesn't follow the same curve as the circle.

Yup, still learning about that. Thanks for the comment! *thumbs up*

Are you using illustrator? I had trouble with that too but Ive found if you put the text inside the circle path and use a larger circle it can be a bit easier to manipulate how you want.

Photoshop.

A couple of tweaks

maple-leafs-100th-logo_blue2.png

maple-leafs-100th-logo_white.png

This has my vote but something is missing.

I'd add some sort of outline or something to give a more "solid" or "robust" allure.

But really, great job.

Definitely solid. I'm personally wondering just how much they want to change it. I went pretty far, but if its just an update with a tweak, this one is probably the winner.

It's been awhile since anyone posted in this, but I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring.

Maple%20Leafs_zpsrv07kg4u.png

I wanted to do a combination between the 1960s leaf and the Ballard leaf, and I felt that 14 points was the perfect amount. Otherwise, the primary is pretty much the same idea as the original. The secondary features the same leaf with a stylized CN tower on the stem. The bottom half of the tower forms a T, similar to other concepts.

I also wasn't sure whether the white or blue logo looked better on the blue background, so I added the opposite color versions of each logo in the bottom corner.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Guest darkpiranha

A little combination of the 1966, 1967 & current with a few minor tweaks.

LogoTemplate_TorontoMLConcept_2.png

This one best represents the current Leafs. TML-- Too Much Losing

It's been awhile since anyone posted in this, but I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring.

Maple%20Leafs_zpsrv07kg4u.png

I'm really digging the CN Tower/Maple Leaf secondary mark, good job with that. I don't know why, but the text inside the primary mark just seems off. It feels a little small, and I just don't think the font works. Really solid work as a whole, though.

I thought I'd drop a horse in the race, only because I already had a concept pretty much done for this.

Back during the Sochi Winter Olympics I did up a series (here) of national unis including this one for Team Canada...

5-canada4.jpg

It was a "modernized" version of the famous 1972 Summit Series sweaters.

I remember wondering back then, how this would look in Leafs' colours.

Paul Lukas, over at UniWatch is having a contest for a new Leafs uni for their 100th anniversary

He's asking for - full home and away unis with the new logo

- a 100th year patch

- a throwback uni

I wouldn't be mucking around too much with the iconic Maple Leafs brand,

but why not, for the centennial, offer up special alts for the season.

If the fanbase likes the new look, then keep them on; If not, just have them as a 1 year offering...

Anyway, here's the homes with the "100 " patch...

sprkychewbarky1.jpg

And here's the Aways, with a "Toronto Arenas" throwback, a couple of logo variations, and a cap application...

sparkychewbarky2.jpg

Had this idea in mind before I saw both other concepts with the Maple Leaf / T idea, but I wanted mine to incorporate the 33-point Ballard leaf instead of the more modern one. I also added silver as a secondary color, but enough so not to be confused with Tampa.

23359043663_426d07a2c3_k.jpg

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Guest darkpiranha

I thought I'd drop a horse in the race, only because I already had a concept pretty much done for this.

Back during the Sochi Winter Olympics I did up a series (here) of national unis including this one for Team Canada...

5-canada4.jpg

Paul Lukas, over at UniWatch is having a contest for a new Leafs uni for their 100th anniversary

- a 100th year patch

- a throwback uni

If the fanbase likes the new look, then keep them on; If not, just have them as a 1 year offering...

sprkychewbarky1.jpg

And here's the Aways, with a "Toronto Arenas" throwback, a couple of logo variations, and a cap application...

sparkychewbarky2.jpg

This is a winner, as always.

5-canada4.jpg

- a 100th year patch

- a throwback uni

sprkychewbarky1.jpg

sparkychewbarky2.jpg

This is a winner, as always.

Theres a T and a M shape here. Donno if chew could add a sort of L somewhere.

Archived