2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ColeJ said:

i personally loved late 90's hockey... but then again, derian hatcher is my all-time favorite player.

i'm a violent caveman, and i'm coming to terms with it.

I always liked the dirty, gritty players hacking at sticks and wiping gloves into faces.

2 hours ago, Chico said:

Give me late 90's hockey anyday. Scott Stevens crushing Kozlov, Lindros, and Kariya savage hitting at its best!

Growing up, Paul Kariya was one of my favorite hockey players. I would have enjoyed watching him actually play in his prime instead of dealing with the repercussions of dirty hits from glorified hitmen. :censored: Scott Stevens.

(And for the record, I grew up a Red Wings fan in the 90s. If anyone should have a love for "caveman hockey" it should be me... the Colorado/Detroit rivalry was something that was so intense and dripping with hate that I don't think I'll witness anything like it again in pro hockey during my life...  However, even I can admit that the sport is better off without goons like Ott, Torres, Cooke, Emelin, and Gudas on the ice)

6 hours ago, ColeJ said:

Plus Roy, Belfour, Brodeur, Kolzig, Joseph, etc 

Plus Jacques Lemaire and the Neutral Zone trap... :mellow: 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

23 hours ago, ColeJ said:

i personally loved late 90's hockey... but then again, derian hatcher is my all-time favorite player.

i'm a violent caveman, and i'm coming to terms with it.

As a Devils fan i am obviously not a fan of this, but it needs to be seen 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyfTPsbyk8Y 

Derian Hatcher - Petr Sykora

The 90´s showed that the way to  get rid of bullies was to get even:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZCuZ5UWEV0

Pavel bure -churla 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I don´t understand why teams like Ottawa, Calgary, and others, don´t just drop their awful edge template jerseys and do what Pittsburgh and St.Louis did, go back to real ice hockey jerseys!

Ottawa and Calgary's owners are clueless.  Watch them transfer their horrible designs to the Adidas template, panel for panel.

12 hours ago, Morgo said:

Ottawa and Calgary's owners are clueless.  Watch them transfer their horrible designs to the Adidas template, panel for panel.

Right, and Colorado as well, and ever since they started to dress like :censored:, they have been playing like :censored:. Time to return to the glory days of Forsberg, Hejduk, Sakic. Jersey wise that it B)

11 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

I saw that. They didn't really get too adventurous outside of a few teams like the Pens, Sharks, and Jets.

Putting teams like the Rangers and Jackets in monotone blue was sort of a big "meh" 

11 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Some interesting things there.  The one that stood out the most to me is the Kings.  An interesting shade of purple that has a great contrast with the gold.  The logo needs some work but that'd be a nice set in general.

On 12/5/2016 at 5:30 PM, GFB said:

Growing up, Paul Kariya was one of my favorite hockey players. I would have enjoyed watching him actually play in his prime instead of dealing with the repercussions of dirty hits from glorified hitmen. :censored: Scott Stevens.

Scott_Stevens_03.JPG

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

48 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

I saw that. They didn't really get too adventurous outside of a few teams like the Pens, Sharks, and Jets.

Putting teams like the Rangers and Jackets in monotone blue was sort of a big "meh" 

I agree. The important thing was that it looked good. I think the NHL can, more than any sport, get away with these match-ups. Some of the NFL sets feel forced, if done right, the NHL could outdo the NFL on this one.

30 minutes ago, Paul Lucas said:

I agree. The important thing was that it looked good. I think the NHL can, more than any sport, get away with these match-ups. Some of the NFL sets feel forced, if done right, the NHL could outdo the NFL on this one.

Did you forget you are talking about the NHL?

Archived