2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

There is no mention of this on their (sharks) site or twitter page.

The partial logo is shown on a "Los Tiburones" giveaway jersey.

Sharks Give Away 1.jpg

Also, the Sharks are acknowledging what would have been the Seals' 50th anniversary with a t-shirt.

Sharks Give Away 2.jpg

Maybe they are phasing these in, then they are going to phase out the current primary logo?

The hyper detailing reminds me of the evolution the Jacksonville Jaguars went through, although personally i prefer the less anatomically correct and more whimsical 90s logos of both the Jags and Sharks

I kind of like the partial head logo, though. it gives a nod to the "shark tooth" triangular shape while also subtly working in an "S" at the bottom. pretty nice.

On 8/5/2016 at 1:37 PM, the admiral said:

Gird your loins for "DURRR THEY SHOULD HAVE TO WEAR A THRASHERS THROWBACK BECAUSE THEY'RE ACTUALLY THE THRASHERS GIMME YOUR LUNCH MONEY NERD"

On 8/5/2016 at 4:33 PM, twi said:

When we get to year 25 of the Stadium Series games and all good or even not terrible ideas have been exhausted then we'll get the Calgary-Winnipeg clash in Atlanta, complete with Flames and Thrashers jerseys lol. Until then I guess we just have to preemptively complain about things nobody was going to say anyway.

On 8/5/2016 at 5:33 PM, the admiral said:

Oh, don't kid yourself, the Winnipeg Jets have angry people up their ass 24/7, most of whom weren't even Thrashers fans.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/what-we-learned-the-problem-with-projecting-goalscoring-142643650.html

Winnipeg Jets: Why, exactly, are the Jets wearing Coyotes throwbacks for the Heritage Classic?

he shoots HE SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRESSSSSSSS

TWI DOESN'T KNOW WHETHER TO CRY OR WIND HIS WATCH

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

45 minutes ago, TheLAKnight said:

The partial logo is shown on a "Los Tiburones" giveaway jersey.

Sharks Give Away 1.jpg

Also, the Sharks are acknowledging what would have been the Seals' 50th anniversary with a t-shirt.

Sharks Give Away 2.jpg

If the Sharks wear '67 Seals throwbacks for that game, I apologize in advance to everyone in a four zip code radius for the noises I will make.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And so we begin,

"The Sharks logo is too cartoony" vs "The Sharks logo is fine and fits in well" with the outsider longshot of "The original Sharks logo was perfect and should come back full-time"

Round 12

Ding! 

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Meanwhile the St. Louis winter classic logo was revealed (image from the main page)

2017-Winter-Classic-Logo-f.png

Blues Alumni game to feature: Brett Hull, Bernie Federko, Al MacInnis and Chris Pronger. Full rosters to be released later.

I, for one, hope I'm able to get tickets to the game(s). Local rumblings don't sound so great though for non season ticket holders.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

About what you'd expect. It's good. Wish they would have done an alternate with the Apotheosis but holding a hockey stick instead of a sword.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Ahem. 

New secondary logos for the Sharks

I wonder if they heard all our cracks about choking on the stick. 

I find myself rather enjoying these new secondary logos. The full-bodied Shark could easily become the new primary logo, should the Sharks choose to jettison the triangle and the stick-choking. 

I know this is an unpopular opinion on this board, but I would love for the Sharks to completely start over with the logo package, only preserving teal and the name "Sharks."

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Can someone point out the subliminal SJ in the new shark? I'm having a hard time finding it. :P

It's in the this one.  No reason for the bottom of the logo to look that way unless they were, at least, trying to incorporate an 'S.'

ZlBZ110.png

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Not their current teal. They'd need to brighten it up, unless they skip black and make the teal the darkest color in the set. 

That's not a bad idea. The Kings and Ducks both use black as primary colors, so it would be cool for the Sharks to eschew it. Heck, multiple teal shades would be fantastic.

Dumping black would also lead to the end of those trashy black alternates, the ones associated with the lowest moment in Sharks history:

850826265.gif?w=1000

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

It's in the this one.  No reason for the bottom of the logo to look that way unless they were, at least, trying to incorporate an 'S.'

ZlBZ110.png

That just looks weird. If they got rid of the S, it would look good. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived