2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

The S at the bottom of the shark is what's bothering me. Lose that, and it would be a good logo (but not a good replacement for the triangle-shark crest, not after all these years), but what is that? A shark goatee?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

From the NHL Shop. Did USA add that patch? I like it.

ff_2532607alt1_full.jpg&w=600

This Jersey looks great. Is this a little preview of what Adidas NHL jerseys will look like? Hope they don't eliminate the strings on the collar that some teams have. I like that on the Rangers.

XM4KeeA.png

10 minutes ago, insert name said:

This Jersey looks great. Is this a little preview of what Adidas NHL jerseys will look like? Hope they don't eliminate the strings on the collar that some teams have. I like that on the Rangers.

It's not too much different than anything Reebok offers...which makes sense.  

One day they'll get the stupid jock tags off the front of the replicas.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Anybody know if all NHL teams will have those triple stripes at the side, or too soon to tell?

I doubt it.  Likely just for the WC.  I really can't see an Original 6 jersey with adidas stripes on the sides.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, Morgo said:

Anybody know if all NHL teams will have those triple stripes at the side, or too soon to tell?

Adidas will not be changing or adding stripes to any jerseys. They own Reebok and they will continue to use the same uniform system (if it ain't broke, don't fix it... in their eyes) since Reebok took over. It would make little sense to do a massive uniform overhaul, esopecially after Dallas and Florida have just done one themselves using the current edge system. The only time we will see stripes on jerseys would be on league run events like the all-star game and the upcoming World Cup. (<-- All star game jerseys with stripes is a guess of mine)

18 hours ago, Cleveland Fan said:

If this becomes the main international tournament, could it spell the end for the IIHF/national federations?

If it doesn't, could the NHL become an 'outlaw" league (i.e. playing one game in the NHL, AHL, or ECHL blacklists you from competing in the Olympics or Worlds)?

Well if rumors are true, either the NHLers won't play in 2018, or 2018 will be the last time.

i honestly don't care as long as the pros have their equivalent to a World Cup.  It's like the World Baseball Classic, entering its 4th tourney in 17

8 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Well if rumors are true, either the NHLers won't play in 2018, or 2018 will be the last time.

The double whammy of South Korea and Almaty/Beijing was the death knell. Oslo withdrew its bid for the 2022 Olympics in the fall of 2014; the NHL announced the World Cup in early 2015.

23 hours ago, Morgo said:

Judging from the CFL, which just completed a reebok to adidas switch this season, no.

No CFL teams added the three stripes. That being said, some teams you will look at and wish that they had added three stripes to their old jerseys, rather than the crap they came out with ( see BC lions)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 8/12/2016 at 8:29 PM, Morgo said:

My guess is you'll definitely see them on the practice jerseys, and maybe in the All-Star jerseys. I also wouldn't rule out the AHL being complete idiots and putting them on game jerseys league-wide.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On August 12, 2016 at 7:35 PM, WSU151 said:

I doubt it.  Likely just for the WC.  I really can't see an Original 6 jersey with adidas stripes on the sides.

On August 13, 2016 at 8:22 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

Adidas will not be changing or adding stripes to any jerseys. They own Reebok and they will continue to use the same uniform system (if it ain't broke, don't fix it... in their eyes) since Reebok took over. It would make little sense to do a massive uniform overhaul, esopecially after Dallas and Florida have just done one themselves using the current edge system. The only time we will see stripes on jerseys would be on league run events like the all-star game and the upcoming World Cup. (<-- All star game jerseys with stripes is a guess of mine)

9 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

My guess is you'll definitely see them on the practice jerseys, and maybe in the All-Star jerseys. I also wouldn't rule out the AHL being complete idiots and putting them on game jerseys league-wide.

Hope you guys are right.  That would be a huge blow to all the progress made since the league was completely butchered in 2007/08.  What would be great is if the scooped hem-lines were finally jettisoned and all the designs were left otherwise changed.  Sure, teams like Winnipeg, Toronto, and Phoenix would have to straighten their tapered hem stripes but that would hardly be a bad thing.

9 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The only team that may go "full-Adidas" is Las Vegas. The owner has already said that they are working closely with Adidas on the development of their name, logos, uniforms, etc. I could easily see them becoming the NHL's Oregon/Seahawks.

As for the Sens, it looks like they're going to announce an outdoor game. The biggest question is where. While most of the reports lean towards building a temporary stadium on Parliament Hill, I really hope that they come to their senses and choose TD Place. I understand how cool and Canadian it would be playing under the Peace Tower, but it's just a logistical nightmare. There's no easy way to get 40 000 people in and out of there (the new subway system won't be open by then, and there's very little parking), and I can't imagine a pop-up stadium looking that great. Everyone has been bringing up the U2 show in Montreal a little while back that used a temporary stadium, but what they never seem to mention is that stadium took two months to build, plus another month to take down. Next year is supposed to be the biggest in the city's history, I'd rather not see our biggest landmark be a construction zone for a quarter of it.

TD Place is a gorgeous stadium, it has the world's largest skating rink running behind it, and is on one of the most historical sports sites in the country (home to the oldest building in existence that has hosted the Stanley Cup Finals). Plus, if the game takes place in December they will be able to use the extra seating that's being put in for the Grey Cup. It's a perfect situation, but it seems like the Sens are being petty and refusing to play in a stadium owned by a rival company.

Could they build a temporary stadium in Jacques Cartier Park in Gatineau? Would the Montreal Canadiens send in tanks if the Sens invade Quebec? It's a great view across the water, and it wouldn't be nearly as much in the way. If the game is in December, then they could have it down in time for Winterlude.

view-of-parliament-hill.jpg

It could be this, it could be nothing. The Sens are making a "significant hockey announcement" today, so I'm hoping for...

-An outdoor game (unlikely, it's a little too late, don't you think?)

-New uniforms (unlikely, they already gave out their normal sweaters at the draft)

-An anniversary sweater (maybe, but a "significant hockey announcement" sort of derails that)

It's probably...

-A jersey retirement (maybe Alfredsson)

-Announcement of a new member of the coaching staff (extremely likely)

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Eugene Melnyk announcing new dIscounted parking offers (profoundly likely)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived