2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

Just imagine the mess if every pro owner started changing important elements of their team branding adding personnal stuff like that.

I bought the Spanish Segunda Division club CD Lugo. I changed their jerseys to these.

aniwwx.jpg

If people don't like it. They can kiss my wet rubbery ass.

The Catch of the Day!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, wikipedia says this : The current flag of Florida, adopted by popular referendum in 1900, with minor changes in 1985, contains the St. Andrew's Cross. It is believed that the Cross was added in memory of, and showing support for, the Confederacy.[36][37] The addition of the Cross was proposed by Governor Francis P. Fleming, a former Confederate soldier, who was strongly committed to racial segregation.

LOL, any panther fans here better buy the new jersey asap, before someone get a whiff of this info, and force them to remove the flag from the shoulder

:grin:

There's a reason why Wikipedia isn't accepted as an academic source.

The lack of the general Confederate battle flag colour scheme and the absence of stars makes the claim that it's based on the Confederate battle flag sound rather dubious. The flag of the State of Florida has more in common with the flag of the Spanish Empire than it does with the battle flag of the CSA.

ugKFHjn.pngz2zex0i.png

Now Almighty. I've had to edit one of your posts in this thread that turned into a diatribe about US military involvement in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq. And now you're trying to start up a Confederate flag debate with a flag that, as far as anyone can tell, wasn't based on the Confederate flag. It may shock you to hear this, but people come here for news about NHL uniforms and to discuss that news. It's not a place for you to get up on your soapbox and ramble.

As you were.

According to the mothership, the shoulder patch will not be a standalone flag. It's another version of the airborne patch featuring an elongated panther on top of the stylized red cross. Maybe there's some hope for this rebrand after all.

Could you imagine if they actually tried to embroider the Florida State flag as is. The thing would be an indistinguishable mess, which is exactly why I think flags have no business on sports uniforms. Aside from clash issues like the Flames have.

Okay, probably not gonna happen, but how about replacing the shield in the state flag with the current secondary logo?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't like the florida flag on their shoulder because they aren't the only florida hockey team....shouldn't they be called the Miami Panthers (Or Sunrise Panthers)?

It baffles me that they are called Florida they came after the lightning.

It shouldn't when you think about the fact that they're named after the animal named "THE FLORIDA PANTHER"

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I'm actually more worried about the jerseys rather than the logos. The logos will most likely be nice, but with the information we've compiled the jerseys have no chance at looking good.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I just don't think ripping off one of if not the most iconic striping pattern in hockey and maybe even in all of sports is a good idea for the cats. They are still a very young franchise and imitating a team that has over a century of hockey history and are from a completely different hockey market just isn't the way to go. They should be trying to set the trend instead of following them, finding their own look and identity. I have nothing against the team trying to look more traditional, even though i really like what they wear now, but you have to know how to look sharp and classy without wearing the exact same thing someone else is and making it seem so obvious. The minnesota wild have a very nice road jersey, unique striping pattern, colors, logos. It's a jersey that could have worked in the 60's, 80's and today. That's the look florida needs to nail down.

Nobody is questioning whether or not the owner can do whatever he wants, it's his team. The question is SHOULD he do it? If the brand is fine as it is why change it? Everyone knows the panthers logos/colors.

Do they? I love the Panthers' inaugural look, and I find the current stuff an adequate approximation.

I'm a hockey fan though. A hockey fan who's also a logo/uniform geek. We had a "most irrelevant team" thread a few years back, and the Florida Panthers took it. With more than one user recounting stories of South Florida locals who weren't even aware of the team.

So as good as the logo is? As good as the overall identity is? The lack of success associated with it has made it a bit stale. Maybe shaking up the look and getting some fresh eyes on the brand isn't the worst idea?

It still looks better by itself in my opinion but yes, not bad at all.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the duelling crosses (the St. Andrew's in the flag, and the crossed hockey stick and tree). A bit too much clutter, in my opinion. Still, if they insist on a flag-based logo? That's probably the best way to go.

The jersey is going to be a mix of modern and retro. It's going to be more than just a Canadiens home/Blackhawks throwback in different colors. I don't know how the inclusion of scratch marks would work on such a throwback-ish jersey. So I think it's something else. As to what it could be, I have no clue whatsoever.

Nobody is questioning whether or not the owner can do whatever he wants, it's his team. The question is SHOULD he do it? If the brand is fine as it is why change it? Everyone knows the panthers logos/colors.

Do they? I love the Panthers' inaugural look, and I find the current stuff an adequate approximation.

I'm a hockey fan though. A hockey fan who's also a logo/uniform geek. We had a "most irrelevant team" thread a few years back, and the Florida Panthers took it. With more than one user recounting stories of South Florida locals who weren't even aware of the team.

So as good as the logo is? As good as the overall identity is? The lack of success associated with it has made it a bit stale. Maybe shaking up the look and getting some fresh eyes on the brand isn't the worst idea?

It still looks better by itself in my opinion but yes, not bad at all.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the duelling crosses (the St. Andrew's in the flag, and the crossed hockey stick and tree). A bit too much clutter, in my opinion. Still, if they insist on a flag-based logo? That's probably the best way to go.

But if people don't know the brand based on team success then the brand isn't the problem. They just haven't been good enough for a long enough period of time to make their mark. Had they followed up their 1996 run with a couple of consistently good seasons or not miss the playoffs for over a decade than this wouldn't be a problem. They're just starting to get really good again now, fans are starting to show up, I don't think changing the solid look that they have now for something that will look like a c-rate canadiens knock off is the way to go in terms of getting your brand out there. If they want more eyes on their product they have to play better first, doesn't really matter what they wear if you play in Miami and never make the playoffs, so you might as well look good and original.

Archived