2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/10/2016 at 1:38 PM, the admiral said:

Because the message of that was that the Jets are the Thrashers and don't have the right to dress as the 72-96 Jets, the Coyotes do (they don't), which is a cause commonly championed by lame-o hockey progressives.

oops I did it again

Winnipeg Jets: Quinton Howden “can’t believe he’s playing for the team he once watched.” He’s not, though. That team is in Arizona now. Unless Howden was a big Thrashers fan growing up or whatever.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Everyone caught up in the push/pull of the Jets/Thrashers/Coyotes meshugaas is missing the important element of what the current team, which is named the Jets, means to the people of Winnipeg, who also had a(nother) hockey team named the Jets. Everyone here and everyone there is aware of the permutations of the club and the names. Give it a rest. Winnipeggers are still, despite five years of mediocrity, thrilled to have an NHL team, and they've shown it with their wallets, and that loyalty has been rewarded with a Classic game. 

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

On 8/30/2016 at 9:03 AM, tommytimp said:

Everyone caught up in the push/pull of the Jets/Thrashers/Coyotes meshugaas is missing the important element of what the current team, which is named the Jets, means to the people of Winnipeg, who also had a(nother) hockey team named the Jets. Everyone here and everyone there is aware of the permutations of the club and the names. Give it a rest. Winnipeggers are still, despite five years of mediocrity, thrilled to have an NHL team, and they've shown it with their wallets, and that loyalty has been rewarded with a Classic game. 

Very well said. Amen. 

Just now, BigEd76 said:

Holmgren says they'll be worn for 12 home games. Also says these were approved in September by a dozen members of the front office, including Ed Snider

The more I look at them, the more I like them.

Good work Philly

Throw a Ducks logo on the front and I'd prefer it over what they're wearing in Anaheim right now. 

I wish the Flyers would've just gilded up their current uniforms since those are what they're famous for, not some yoked thing with generic striping, but assuming this is a one season deal I can't get too worked up over this. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

The problem most Flyers fans seem to have with them is their first thought after seeing gold is "Penguins", not "50th anniversary". It doesn't even matter Pittsburgh abandoned the color.

Archived