2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this jersey was traditional Flyers style posters would complain about the lack of creativeness.   

If this jersey was super creative and had a wacky striping pattern, posters would complain it's not Philly...

Basically find anything to complain about...

1 hour ago, worcat said:

would have preferred if the numbers weren't gold. maybe just outlined?

Yeah, that would have worked much better. The design itself looks much nicer when it's layed out on the floor rather than being worn.

I also think the black waist stripe should be just a little bit bigger.

20 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

If this jersey was traditional Flyers style posters would complain about the lack of creativeness.   

If this jersey was super creative and had a wacky striping pattern, posters would complain it's not Philly...

Branding an iconic team like the Flyers takes discipline and creativity in proper doses... the Flyers current white jersey is one of the more distinct creative jerseys in the NHL and to back into an almost stock jersey solution is underwhelming at best. Missed opportunity.

43 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

Aren't the Blues getting a new, yet-to-be unveiled alternate, and doesn't their 50th anniversary logo/patch have (metallic) gold in it as well?

While I may not like gold on the blues jersey, it would atleast make a little more sense than the Flyers using gold. Just replace the blues yellow with gold, I mean ok? It'd work but It's not necessary. 

I think the Flyers uniform looks good but used waaaay too much gold.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

3 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'm not sure why some people are comparing the Flyers' use of gold to the Penguins. They're different shades for Christ sake.

Because it's still gold.  Because the Flyers are arguably the Pens biggest rivals, so Pens fans are going to chirp them for it.  If it was any of about 25 other teams, nary a word said. 

5 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Yeah, it's almost as if these boards are comprised of a large group of different people who like different things!

3 hours ago, RedRenesis said:

Because it's still gold.  Because the Flyers are arguably the Pens biggest rivals, so Pens fans are going to chirp them for it.  If it was any of about 25 other teams, nary a word said. 

Sorry, but I just don't see that as a problem. There are plenty of rivals that use the same (or similar) colors as one another.

Archived