2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

38 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

I think Florida and Anaheim's current uniforms are superior to their originals.

Vastly so.  I love Florida's current look.  It took years of tinkering and awful messes before they finally found a good, tidy look that is suitable.  I fear for it's likely dismal future.  Anaheim's current look after years of being way too bland finally has more color and personality than before.  The teal/plum color scheme was amazing but it needed a reprieve.  Maybe someday it'll shine again.  *single tear*

Also I think the Sharks current logo is superior to the original.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I think everything about the Sharks original identity, from logos to uniforms to color scheme, was absolutely perfect.  I honestly don't think there was anything wrong whatsoever with their original look & brand.  One of the greatest all-time, IMHO.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CS85 said:

Anaheim's current look after years of being way too bland finally has more color and personality than before.  The teal/plum color scheme was amazing but it needed a reprieve.  Maybe someday it'll shine again.  *single tear*

And the look got even better with the new third. They got so much right with that alone, IMO it's miles ahead of pretty much everything they've ever worn. Even the classic Mighty Ducks uniforms, and I love those things.

If I had to pick between them returning to the original uniforms or basing a new set around the current third, I would have to flip a coin.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

11 hours ago, CS85 said:
11 hours ago, CS85 said:

Vastly so.  I love Florida's current look.  It took years of tinkering and awful messes before they finally found a good, tidy look that is suitable.  I fear for it's likely dismal future.  Anaheim's current look after years of being way too bland finally has more color and personality than before.  The teal/plum color scheme was amazing but it needed a reprieve.  Maybe someday it'll shine again.  *single tear*

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I think everything about the Sharks original identity, from logos to uniforms to color scheme, was absolutely perfect.  I honestly don't think there was anything wrong whatsoever with their original look & brand.  One of the greatest all-time, IMHO.

Really?

What's better about it?  The lack of hem stripes, the generic, tapered sleeve stripes or the wavy shoulder-to-sleeve yokes that intersect with them?

9 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

And the look got even better with the new third. They got so much right with that alone, IMO it's miles ahead of pretty much everything they've ever worn. Even the classic Mighty Ducks uniforms, and I love those things.

If I had to pick between them returning to the original uniforms or basing a new set around the current third, I would have to flip a coin.

Two issues I have with the third. First the black numbers while watching on tv are hard to see and second, the hem and sleeve striping annoys me. Fix those two issues and it's a great jersey. I'd right now give it a sold B.

11 hours ago, oddball said:

Two issues I have with the third. First the black numbers while watching on tv are hard to see and second, the hem and sleeve striping annoys me. Fix those two issues and it's a great jersey. I'd right now give it a sold B.

I have only one issue with the third. That stupid 1990s Disney cartoon on the front.

The Catch of the Day!

13 hours ago, Morgo said:

Really?

What's better about it?  The lack of hem stripes, the generic, tapered sleeve stripes or the wavy shoulder-to-sleeve yokes that intersect with them?

I'm mostly glad they ditched the apron piping and let red be the primary home color instead of being just another navy team.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

White jerseys at the Penguins Fantasy Camp

Media preview

I'd love to see these comeback with some amendments to that hem stripe to better match the black jersey. What's with the razor thin yellow stripe hanging out in the middle of space?

I thought Mario hated yellow? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

If the Penguins are indeed returning to athletic gold full time, I hope they vastly tweak their road jerseys...  That uniform doesn't have nearly enough black for properly contrasting design and the razor thin hem stripes look embarrassingly bad.  Mirror the hem-stripes of the black uniform with yellow on the bottom, a white space, followed by a thick black stripe.

On 2016-01-21 at 9:12 PM, Morgo said:

The Miami sports writer, who leaked the info about the uniform change, hinted at the inaugural uniform coming back as an alternate.  

They might. Maybe. We still don't know for sure.

Either way? It's not coming back as the full-time look. That's just not in the cards. So let's judge whatever they come up with on its own merits and not based on how it stacks up to a uniform that they were never going to return to as a full time set anyway.

I'm trying to get into hockey. Who should I like? I don't wanna front run w/ the Caps or Blackhawks. I was looking at Boston, Vancouver(can you be a Canucks fan as a US american?), St.Louis, New Jersey, Pittsburgh. I live in CA but not down w/ local teams. 

Are any of these guys getting new unis next year so I know to hold off? Are any up and coming teams? My wife likes the Canucks uni and my daughters like the Blues, Redwings unis.

I'm a Packers owner, Braves fan, Celtics fan(more of an 80s hate for the Lakers and haven't watched bball since 1993 other than a couple of game 7s of the finals)

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

They might. Maybe. We still don't know for sure.

Either way? It's not coming back as the full-time look. That's just not in the cards. So let's judge whatever they come up with on its own merits and not based on how it stacks up to a uniform that they were never going to return to as a full time set anyway.

Saying it will never come back is like someone saying the Sabres would never return to blue in and gold in 1998...  You never know what will happen down the road.  

Besides, why can't I judge it based on how it stacks up to their best look?  

22 hours ago, Morgo said:

Really?

Well it's not like their original look was any less generic. It was pretty much a rip off of the penguins jerseys that were introduced the year before. I agree the template isnt the greatest, but they make it work. The color balance, the absence of white, which helps make the gold pop nicely, especially on the socks. The only thing i would change about them is maybe add some blue tail stripes to the bottom of the jersey like the coyotes have just so they can kind of transition the jersey into the pants better. 

17 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

Well it's not like their original look was any less generic. It was pretty much a rip off of the penguins jerseys that were introduced the year before.

Yeah except for the colours, striping pattern, logos, socks and wait... what's left?  Is it because they both used angular shoulder yokes?  Angular shoulder yokes that weren't even the same shape, outlined in the same striping pattern, or even consistent from home to road?  I'm a little confused about this comparison... 

3 hours ago, Morgo said:

Saying it will never come back is like someone saying the Sabres would never return to blue in and gold in 1998...  You never know what will happen down the road.  

Maybe it will come back, but not any time soon.

Besides, why can't I judge it based on how it stacks up to their best look?  

Your mind's already made up, that's why. You've decided that this look, that the team won't be adopting, is superior and you haven't even seen what they have in store.

Look, maybe the new Panthers stuff is garbage. That could very well be the case. I'm just trying to stay open minded about it because the alternative is to go "it's not the inaugural set? Well it SUCKS!" Which isn't a productive line of conversation.

5 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:
5 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

I'm trying to get into hockey. Who should I like? I don't wanna front run w/ the Caps or Blackhawks. I was looking at Boston, Vancouver(can you be a Canucks fan as a US american?), St.Louis, New Jersey, Pittsburgh. I live in CA but not down w/ local teams. 

Are any of these guys getting new unis next year so I know to hold off? Are any up and coming teams? My wife likes the Canucks uni and my daughters like the Blues, Redwings unis.

I'm a Packers owner, Braves fan, Celtics fan(more of an 80s hate for the Lakers and haven't watched bball since 1993 other than a couple of game 7s of the finals)

If you're trying to figure out who to root for, don't buy a jersey and don't worry about jerseys at all. Watch as much as you can, and you're team will find you. What do I mean by that, the team that you find yourself watching the most. I'd hold off on buying jerseys for a while until you find your team, unless you're going to start collecting jerseys. I'm going to say, that if you're asking the question on who to root for, then you're probably a couple years away from finding a team, because having a team is an emotional investment.

45 minutes ago, oddball said:

If you're trying to figure out who to root for, don't buy a jersey and don't worry about jerseys at all. Watch as much as you can, and you're team will find you. What do I mean by that, the team that you find yourself watching the most. I'd hold off on buying jerseys for a while until you find your team, unless you're going to start collecting jerseys. I'm going to say, that if you're asking the question on who to root for, then you're probably a couple years away from finding a team, because having a team is an emotional investment.

years? I'm impatient. I could watch the Sharks all season. They're the local team for Fresno csn. Not sure I want that. Otherwise I watch whatever games are on NHL/NBCSports channels. 

17 minutes ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

years? I'm impatient. I could watch the Sharks all season. They're the local team for Fresno csn. Not sure I want that. Otherwise I watch whatever games are on NHL/NBCSports channels. 

I personally feel like people should root for a team where they're from. You may live in Fresno now, so San Jose would be the team... Pretty much the place that would have the most emotional attachment to it. And the local(ist) team of course! 

And as for watching games on NBC, they only root and broadcast towards the better (ie: Most revenue, aka Chicago) and more popular teams. So even if it's a sharks home game, the announcers will be like *Snipes Crawford, Goes Bardown* "Pass across ice, ONE TIMER! And he scores... And the Sharks get luck there on the shot"... *Sharks goalie doesn't move to stop the shot* "Whinds UP...SHOOTS... SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEESSSSS!!!!!!!! WHAT A GOAL BY PATRICK KANE!!!! 

And don't forget NBC, stands for National Bandwagoner Channel... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

15 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I personally feel like people should root for a team where they're from. You may live in Fresno now, so San Jose would be the team... Pretty much the place that would have the most emotional attachment to it. And the local(ist) team of course! 

And as for watching games on NBC, they only root and broadcast towards the better (ie: Most revenue, aka Chicago) and more popular teams. So even if it's a sharks home game, the announcers will be like *Snipes Crawford, Goes Bardown* "Pass across ice, ONE TIMER! And he scores... And the Sharks get luck there on the shot"... *Sharks goalie doesn't move to stop the shot* "Whinds UP...SHOOTS... SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEESSSSS!!!!!!!! WHAT A GOAL BY PATRICK KANE!!!! 

And don't forget NBC, stands for National Bandwagoner Channel... 

No to the local, or else I'd be a 49ers fan, and a Lakers fan jumping on the Golden St. bandwagon, and no to the SF Giants. Maybe hockey is different, but I'd rather root for the up and coming team w/ the coolest logo or unis(that's why I ask here) or the historic team(original 6). Minnesota has a sweet logo/uni. I watched you beat the Kings 3-0. I was rooting for the Wild. I've only seen the Chi/TB game as far as Chi goes. I don't like the name though. Not much history. If you were the North Stars still, I could get behind that. I have tons of green and yellow Packers stuff. I think the Wild and the Flames have the best logos but there's more to it than just that. I mean the team I own/sharehold has a G, their unis still look good though.

Archived