2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

31 minutes ago, eww7633 said:

But it's not inexplicable. The arms and hem stripes of both jerseys match. The only difference is the main jersey color. The yellow stripe exists on the white to separate the top white stripe from the white jersey body, which isn't a concern on the black jersey.

Penguins39.png

why not just do what they have on the black jersey but flip the colors? Yellow tail stripe, white stripe on top of that, then a black stripe on top of that. Not sure why the black stipe is on top of the yellow, it should be separated by white. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, eww7633 said:

But it's not inexplicable. The arms and hem stripes of both jerseys match. The only difference is the main jersey color. The yellow stripe exists on the white to separate the top white stripe from the white jersey body, which isn't a concern on the black jersey.

Penguins39.png

But that top yellow stripe isn't on the black jerseys so it comes out of nowhere.

Better solutions than a random yellow stripe on top of the white jerseys:

opt3.jpgOpt1.jpgOpt2.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 hours ago, oddball said:

Here's a close up of the Kings All Star patches from the 50th jersey. The picture doesn't do the gold justice.

It does not matter, that home plate logo is one of the worst in all of sports.

13 hours ago, Thomas said:

It does not matter, that home plate logo is one of the worst in all of sports.

replace the crown with a halo and the angels have a very nice alternate logo.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

21 hours ago, ColeJ said:

Ugh. The Leafs really do look exactly like Winnipeg from the TV angle. That's unexpected and disappointing.

I wasn't aware they were playing the Habs tonight and honestly tought they were the Jets at first sight... I already miss the classic socks.

32 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

i dont know why teams like these just don't do color vs color. it would look great and no one is gonna confuse anyone from the other team for their own.

Well, its good in theory color vs color. There is always that issue of the viewers who are color blind.

That's not necessarily an issue in all cases. Some color on color will always be a problem - red against green can never happen.  But even whole blue and yellow have their own colorblindness problem, if the blue is navy then the hues would probably be distinguishable. 

3 hours ago, FGM13 said:

IMG_3530.PNGThis is already the highlight of the season for me.

good lord.

i guess technically, we were BOTH the road team... but that's ridiculous. i feel so sorry for the goalies.

i mean, dallas goalies have a hard enough time stopping pucks when they can tell offense from defense.

Archived