TheGrimReaper

2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

8 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

I hate that roundel logo at center ice in Dallas. I don't like roundel logos. If I was the master of the World you know what I would do first? No. Not end poverty. No not bring World peace. It would be to arrest anyone that comes up with a roundel logo for their sports team. And the prison would be on an orbiting comet in space.

I don't hate roundel logos, however their's (dallas) reminds me too much of Starbucks.

Dallas' is especially egregious because it's just the primary in a roundel. It's too repetitive. 

They should have just committed to the Texas mark as the alternate logo.

Speaking of the Stars, why aren't they celebrating their 50th season along with the other 1967 expansion teams?

3 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Dallas' is especially egregious because it's just the primary in a roundel. It's too repetitive. 

They should have just committed to the Texas mark as the alternate logo.

I may be in a minority, but I like that particular roundel logo and I think it's perfectly fitting as the shoulder patch. They have a more complex, more detailed symbol that stands out on the front, as it should. And then you have the more simpler shaped circles for the shoulder patches with a few small elements inside. It's just perfectly balanced, imo. The Texas logo is good. But the shape is more complex than the crest itself, with that rocky outline of the State of Texas and the design being half green/half black. Just doesn't fit the shoulders, especially on those slanted cut yokes on the road. But it makes a great tertiary logo and it's good that they continued to keep a state outline logo part of their scheme, even if it's in a more restricted use.

I agree that roundels are not the most creative logo designs. But I really like the ones that are well done.

11 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Speaking of the Stars, why aren't they celebrating their 50th season along with the other 1967 expansion teams?

It's rather shocking for an organization and its fans who are obsessed with their history prior to Dallas :rolleyes:

Can someone explain sumpin' to me.

How come the Calgary Flames players don't all have consistent pants? Look at their third uniforms. Most of the team doesn't have the team logo on the pants.

http://1.cdn.nhle.com/flames/images/upload/gallery/2016/10/614770206_slide.jpg

But there are about 5 guys on the team that do.

http://2.cdn.nhle.com/flames/images/upload/gallery/2016/10/614766282_slide.jpg

Why is that? Either they all shouldn't have the logo or they all should have the logo. What's with this lack of consistency?

Interesting.  Is that black on the pants logo?

No its the pure white one. The same as on the helmet and front of the jersey. When I was watching the Flames home opener last night and the players all skated out on the ice one by one via their introductions I noticed it. I'd say about 5 guys had the logo while everybody else didn't.

Edit: You know now that I look at it more closely it does look like the black trimmed version they have on their black pants.

http://1.cdn.nhle.com/flames/images/upload/gallery/2016/02/512778516_slide.jpg

This was from last year when they wore it only once.

11 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

No its the pure white one. The same as on the helmet and front of the jersey. When I was watching the Flames home opener last night and the players all skated out on the ice one by one via their introductions I noticed it. I'd say about 5 guys had the logo while everybody else didn't.

Edit: You know now that I look at it more closely it does look like the black trimmed version they have on their black pants.

http://1.cdn.nhle.com/flames/images/upload/gallery/2016/02/512778516_slide.jpg

This was from last year when they wore it only once.

I think he meant the outline of the logo being black

9 minutes ago, Eric Westhaver said:

Leafs' Centennial Classic jersey may have leaked. It's the Arenas one on the left.

Cu0qqEnXYAA-pvI.jpg

Aretnas

7 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Aretnas

At least it's better than HurrJcanes

HurricanesRED%5B1%5D.JPG

54 minutes ago, Eric Westhaver said:

Leafs' Centennial Classic jersey may have leaked. It's the Arenas one on the left.

Cu0qqEnXYAA-pvI.jpg

Perfect

Ironically I'll likely be getting a #16 Marner one, so it's a perfect preview (minus the C).

Now that I got a closer look at that Arenas throwback, the single hem stripe makes more sense on the new Leafs jerseys now.

I wish we saw more jerseys with crew-necks. There's not enough variety with collars on hockey jerseys.

Try one with a turtleneck. Or a polo-neck with buttons. There's variety with collars on soccer jerseys - why not bring that on the ice?

1 hour ago, Eric Westhaver said:

I wish we saw more jerseys with crew-necks. There's not enough variety with collars on hockey jerseys.

Try one with a turtleneck. Or a polo-neck with buttons. There's variety with collars on soccer jerseys - why not bring that on the ice?

They did the polo neck sans buttons for the 2000 and 2001 World All Star jerseys. I thought it was a cool feature so had to snag one up.

DSCF0120_zps1db6821d.jpg