2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No its the pure white one. The same as on the helmet and front of the jersey. When I was watching the Flames home opener last night and the players all skated out on the ice one by one via their introductions I noticed it. I'd say about 5 guys had the logo while everybody else didn't.

Edit: You know now that I look at it more closely it does look like the black trimmed version they have on their black pants.

http://1.cdn.nhle.com/flames/images/upload/gallery/2016/02/512778516_slide.jpg

This was from last year when they wore it only once.

The Catch of the Day!

11 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

No its the pure white one. The same as on the helmet and front of the jersey. When I was watching the Flames home opener last night and the players all skated out on the ice one by one via their introductions I noticed it. I'd say about 5 guys had the logo while everybody else didn't.

Edit: You know now that I look at it more closely it does look like the black trimmed version they have on their black pants.

http://1.cdn.nhle.com/flames/images/upload/gallery/2016/02/512778516_slide.jpg

This was from last year when they wore it only once.

I think he meant the outline of the logo being black

1 hour ago, Eric Westhaver said:

I wish we saw more jerseys with crew-necks. There's not enough variety with collars on hockey jerseys.

Try one with a turtleneck. Or a polo-neck with buttons. There's variety with collars on soccer jerseys - why not bring that on the ice?

They did the polo neck sans buttons for the 2000 and 2001 World All Star jerseys. I thought it was a cool feature so had to snag one up.

DSCF0120_zps1db6821d.jpg

SEAsig.png

23 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Speaking of the Stars, why aren't they celebrating their 50th season along with the other 1967 expansion teams?

The Dallas Stars aren't one of the 1967 expansion teams, and I credit them for the accuracy. When the Stars reach age 50, they will have a celebration honoring all the memories accrued in Dallas.    

4 hours ago, Eric Westhaver said:

I wish we saw more jerseys with crew-necks. There's not enough variety with collars on hockey jerseys.

Try one with a turtleneck. Or a polo-neck with buttons. There's variety with collars on soccer jerseys - why not bring that on the ice?

The new Leafs jerseys would have been better with crew necks

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I disagree. The crew-neck look works for throwbacks that reference a pre-lace-up design. I have no desire to see them full-time on any uniform, however. Least of all my favourite team.

The World ASG polo collars were cool though (I have a Sundin one from the 2T0R0NT0 game somewhere). I wouldn't mind a team or two adopting them. Problem is I can't think of a team that could pull it off.

1 hour ago, Gold Pinstripes said:

The Dallas Stars aren't one of the 1967 expansion teams...

Well that's ok. We're all allowed to be wrong here and there ;)

7 hours ago, Gold Pinstripes said:

The Dallas Stars aren't one of the 1967 expansion teams, and I credit them for the accuracy. When the Stars reach age 50, they will have a celebration honoring all the memories accrued in Dallas.    

"The team was founded during the 1967 NHL expansion as the Minnesota North Stars," 

skrew your revisionist history 

4 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

I was hoping they worn this St Pats jersey

http://www.blogto.com/upload/2014/02/20140214-Leafs-Pats.jpg

It is a CCM replica in that display (whereas the Arenas is RBK) so it's possible that isn't the one they are wearing, atleast we can hope.

untitled-6.jpg

9 minutes ago, youcan'tseeme said:

It is a CCM replica in that display (whereas the Arenas is RBK) so it's possible that isn't the one they are wearing, atleast we can hope.

9 minutes ago, youcan'tseeme said:

Also, there is a NHL shield on the Arenas jersey. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived