2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Voila

6432391.jpg

I've always found this jersey to be too dark. I know people don't like the brightness of Calgary's retro jersey but I'll say this, in a league with six red and black teams, including Calgary, I think it would be so nice to see the Flames in just red, white, and gold.

9 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The Flames should be a red and gold team first. If they must have black in their set, it should be limited to a trim.

Better yet, a third jersey inspired by the one they just retired with red on the shoulders. 

11 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I've always found this jersey to be too dark. I know people don't like the brightness of Calgary's retro jersey but I'll say this, in a league with six red and black teams, including Calgary, I think it would be so nice to see the Flames in just red, white, and gold.

Chicago have mostly white on their reds and mostly black on their homes (this Flames set is the exact opposite), Ottawa are different enough and I think the splash of athletic gold is enough to separate them from the Devils. The Canes are basically a red only team now and I wouldn't consider Colorado and Arizona in the same category. I'd also like the Flames to go with their classic set but this one was spectacular. I was still playing at that time and a lot of minor league teams around here went with this template, I was always jealous as it looked awesome every time.

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Too much black.

that's... racist?....

:P

that was the best uniform. It totally sucked me into the Flames bandwagon in 04. I think it does earn some of its appeal because of the situation of returning the team to their appropriate primary color and they marketed the bleep out of it from what I recall. 

IMO Ottawa needs a total rebrand, or perhaps a prebrand going back to these

5UNPxQF.jpg

They have been a non-contending team for awhile, their attendance is slipping, their current uniform and logo are possibly the worst in the NHL... they need to change things up.

10 minutes ago, Ark said:

IMO Ottawa needs a total rebrand, or perhaps a prebrand going back to these

5UNPxQF.jpg

They have been a non-contending team for awhile, their attendance is slipping, their current uniform and logo are possibly the worst in the NHL... they need to change things up.

...and they have an outstanding logo that they don't use.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived