2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BrianLion said:

I was always a fan of the Cam Neely era Bruins home and away sets.  As nice as the current sets are I still prefer them without the yokes

I don't like those sweaters... I really like the ones with the shoulder yokes. The Bruins jerseys without the yoke never had enough color on the white jersey... They had WAY to much empty space on them. The Bobby Orr era jerseys with the yoke also had a little too much yellow on the white jersey, but the current jerseys fix that. There's a perfect balance between the black, yellow, and white on the home and road... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

49 minutes ago, B-mer said:

The Flyers wore their anniversary uniform last night against the ducks. I love it, except for the gold. Would be a solid base for a complete set for almost any team, which I can understand is what some don't like about it. 

IMG_7668.JPG

This is a fun uniform. Obviously, this cannot replace the Flyers classic colors and template. But the gold is a nice additional touch to the orange and black for a specialty jersey. I have no issues with this and I like everything about it.

1 hour ago, B-mer said:

The Flyers wore their anniversary uniform last night against the ducks. I love it, except for the gold. Would be a solid base for a complete set for almost any team, which I can understand is what some don't like about it. 

IMG_7668.JPG

Wearing it against the Ducks seems like an odd choice given the colour schemes.

1 hour ago, Xamboni said:

flyers.png

A little bit of gold trim between the orange and black on the numbers and captaincy patches and this would have been the perfect choice for a jersey celebrating the Flyers' Golden Anniversary. This is much, much better with orange numbers. 

23 hours ago, jp1409 said:

I still think a storied franchise as Boston doesn't need to use fauxbacks. If they really want a black alt this would be my choice since the previous ones (Orr era) were too close to what they have right now.

o-reilly-boston-bruins-vintage-road-blac

It's too similar to their main set to work as an effective alternate.  A third jersey should not be a slightly different take on a primary set, but something different entirely...  Plus, the shoulder patches are atrocious.

On 10/20/2016 at 11:42 PM, jp1409 said:

I still think a storied franchise as Boston doesn't need to use fauxbacks. If they really want a black alt this would be my choice since the previous ones (Orr era) were too close to what they have right now.

These were the best uniforms the Bruins wore. I loved the gold rim spoked B on this jersey and the black rim on the whites. These (and the whites) jersey's are "to the point". The current uniforms are too busy. Everything is tripled outlined. Hockey jersey's look so much better without shoulder yokes.

I know Jocobs is a moron when in 1995 he took what was a classic original six look and turn the Bruins into a Winnipeg Jet's looking expansion team. The current uniforms are only slightly better.

On 10/19/2016 at 5:14 PM, Chewbacca said:

I've always found this jersey to be too dark. I know people don't like the brightness of Calgary's retro jersey but I'll say this, in a league with six red and black teams, including Calgary, I think it would be so nice to see the Flames in just red, white, and gold.

The Flames' retros are timeless. I do recall back in the early 80's when the Flames' red was a darker shade. 

The Flames retros are good but adding a small amount of black to the striping and removing the shoulder yoke from the roads would put them over the top.  It would also be an improvement if they used the shoulder patches from the recently retired alternate.  Besides...

5eMbrdx.jpg

7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

You've got that "greater than" symbol backwards. ;)

Such a lazy change, taking an existing logo and slapping a black outline around it.  Lazy and ugly; putting back between the red and gold might have worked, but this doesn't. 

Yeah... alligator eats the bigger apple, dude.

Archived