2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

56 minutes ago, Morgo said:

Granted, no one has seen the finished product but with all the leaked info and mockups, it feels like we have...  Maybe they will pull this off masterfully and top their inaugural look but the recent track record of modern teams going retro is not a good one.  One only has to look at teams like Hurricanes and Lightning for confirmation, as every bit of character was sucked out of their respective identities.  Thus far, it feels like the Panthers will be the latest casualty.

I don't think the jerseys will end up looking bad, but the complete look (pants, helmet, socks, etc.) won't look good as a whole. You can't make the equipment blue heavy while having barely any blue on the jerseys. I'm really just anticipating the logo because it at least can look good.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I don't think the jerseys will end up looking bad, but the complete look (pants, helmet, socks, etc.) won't look good as a whole. You can't make the equipment blue heavy while having barely any blue on the jerseys. I'm really just anticipating the logo because it at least can look good.

Depends on how you define "barely any"

columbus-blue-jackets-defenseman-jack-jojoe-sakic.jpgIce+Hockey+Day+10+p7kQSI8T8c7l.jpgIce%2BHockey%2BDay%2B7%2Bw2Qp81EYezPl.jp

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

1 minute ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Compared to what is expected of Florida's new look, no.

Because...Florida isn't expected to have dark helmets and pants?  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

No because they are and of the white outlined in gold chest and arm stripes

The Swiss jersey there is the same situation.

The Swiss and Canadian jerseys are red and white, but the pants, gloves, and helmet are black. The only black in the uniform is the outline of the numbers.

The Panthers jerseys are going to be red, gold, and white, but the pants, gloves, and helmet are navy blue. The only navy blue in the uniform will be in the outline of the numbers.

it CAN be done. It can be done in ways where there will be few complaints and most people will think it's great. Idk if Florida WILL do that, but the capacity is there.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Curious if the Canucks will be using their current number font (re-coloured, of course), on those retro jerseys. Looks like it from the image shown at the end of the video, but that could have just been a rushed Photoshop job.

That uniform is a thing of beauty but I wouldn't want to see it worn full time.  The Canucks have arguably the best colour scheme in the league right now.  It's so good that it makes the current set an attractive package in spite of the recoloured orca and arched word-mark.

13 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Curious if the Canucks will be using their current number font (re-coloured, of course), on those retro jerseys. Looks like it from the image shown at the end of the video, but that could have just been a rushed Photoshop job.

Click the spoiler for full photos of the jersey. 

Archived