2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

18 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I took it as a subtle nod to the yokes on these jerseys,

392x0_100_1_c_FFFFFF_ef2a6bf9d7054041eec

which may itself be a reference to the Kings chevy logo

Yet another great uniform ruined by the Edge changeover, If only the two cups had been won in these beauties :( 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the pointed sleeve yoke is a way for them to cram a little extra flair into that full-sleeve yoke design. When it's worn on the ice, the gloves will cover up most of the blank space past the end of the point. I think it will probably look pretty close to the full-length variety during games; unnecessary, but harmless.

54 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I think the pointed sleeve yoke is a way for them to cram a little extra flair into that full-sleeve yoke design. When it's worn on the ice, the gloves will cover up most of the blank space past the end of the point. I think it will probably look pretty close to the full-length variety during games; unnecessary, but harmless.

They also need space for the all star patch, team logo patch nhl100 patch and possible divisional patch

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

7 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Last night was the last time we will ever see this match up :(

Oilers-V.-Devils.jpg

What I disliked about the Devils' change from hunter green to black was the amount of black that replaced the red - the yokes on the whites and dark helmets. I also dislike the black yokes on the reds without the white trim. The black washes into the dark red jersey too easily.

If the Devils keep the black, what they should do is go back to the red and green template of both the whites and reds. Plus, bring back the pants striping. 

On 1/14/2017 at 10:49 PM, Purple said:

VANPurpleTroll_zpsrod2iof7.png

I admit the Vegas Raiders one from the other thread I thought was funny. This one isn't.

At this point, it's just trolling. I don't think there's anything wrong with doing your own thing. It's just too bad in 9 months, Purple still didn't figure out how to post in a contrustive manner.

On 1/14/2017 at 2:19 AM, Morgo said:

Yet another great uniform ruined by the Edge changeover, If only the two cups had been won in these beauties :( 

Well said!  

It's funny, I didn't start to appreciate them until recently.  I was adamant that the Kings needed to return to the Black and Gray that I grew up watching. However, now...I sort of miss the purple.  Like you mentioned, they were ruined once the Edge template took over.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

The Kings black and grey look only appeared great during the Gretzky era. I wish they'd either embrace that look or return to the purple/yellow and have the unique color scheme.

Their current uniforms are junk, I hate the unnecessary piping.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The use of sparkle silver instead of flat is another demerit against the home uniforms. With no separation between the white and silver elements at any point, the uniforms look merely black and white from any distance, and the numbers look far too thick.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The sparkle silver looked just fine when paired with the purple. Without the purple, the entire color scheme looks drab, no matter how much sparkle silver they use.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

12 hours ago, CRichardson said:

The sparkle silver looked just fine when paired with the purple. Without the purple, the entire color scheme looks drab, no matter how much sparkle silver they use.

Yes, and remember that the black/purple/sparkle set basically had no white at all in it, outside of some logo detailing.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

14 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The use of sparkle silver instead of flat is another demerit against the home uniforms. With no separation between the white and silver elements at any point, the uniforms look merely black and white from any distance, and the numbers look far too thick.

Thank you. I've been saying this since they went back to those colors. Those colors worked the first time because they used grey that was dark enough from white to be a distinguishable stripe color and you didn't get that disappearing effect they have now. Now their silver stripes just look like sparkly white and it is bad. 

original.jpg?1401990620

The other problem is the numbers are white with a silver outline that turns into white at any distance and with their silly number font makes them look even fatter than they already are. The originals used a few different outlining schemes, but the base color was always flat gray. 

ewww

450586198.jpg

Their secondary color is just not dark enough to be used that closely to white. Also, while I'm on the Kings I hate hate hate the stripes down the sleeves or that the white jersey has a full hem stripe that matches the sleeves and socks, but the black jersey doesn't. Also, f*** Jeff Carter. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

29 minutes ago, Morgo said:

It's amazing an alternate from the abysmal class of 2008/09 (Sens or Bolts anyone?) became the basis for a full time uniform to begin with.

Personal tastes vary, but one of my favorite modern looks also came from this release - the Hurricanes' black alt.

38 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

. Also, f*** Jeff Carter.

Why isn't this a t-shirt?

Archived