2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Minority opinion maybe, but I like the contrasting nameplates. It's their thing and they should continue to keep them.

I think it's a nice notasgic detail to some classic jerseys.

I like the contrasting white nameplate on the orange jersey, but the black nameplate on the road jersey doesn't work the best... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know how dumb Ottawa's anniversary patch is, but they listed THIS with the facebook announcement of their all-time team

No automatic alt text available.

Look, it's busy, but that's WAY better than what they went with. Where the hell was this on the uniform?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

That's gorgeous.   

I didnt think I'd like removing the penguin's triangle, but it works. The only thing I don't love is the good stick, but I suspect that they only did that so there'd be some gold in the logo, meaning they'll use it on its own outside of these sweaters. 

And that stencil font font is what I've wanted the Packers to adopt for years.  

13 hours ago, hockey week said:

We all know how dumb Ottawa's anniversary patch is, but they listed THIS with the facebook announcement of their all-time team

No automatic alt text available.

Look, it's busy, but that's WAY better than what they went with. Where the hell was this on the uniform?

If they had taken out the team name and the city skyline, lost the awkward drop shadows, and then finished the top of the shield, it would be a pretty cool logo.  Everything below "Senators" is not too shabby.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...

Terrible look on the back, though. They went the Steelers route and put each number in an individual white rectangle on the back. Either add a thick white outline to the numbers, or go the route of the Habs' CAC throwbacks and @spyboy1's Sens concept, and put the whole number in one box of material. Leafs went with the worst option.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 2/15/2017 at 9:35 AM, BrianLion said:

would be a great bit of synergy if the Detroit Tigers wore the same patch (just in their colors of course). 

I'll be very surprised if they don't.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived