2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

2 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

The logos are fine i like them but the template is putrid. Solid is not the word for it, boring, uninspiring, is more like it. Please.

What you see as boring I see as functional, traditional, and effective in their simplicity. As I said. Not every team needs to dress like it's 2001.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

As I said earlier, late 90s/early 2000s era stuff seems way overrated here to me. It was mostly dark and experimental. The latter of which isn't necessarily bad, but you need to keep in mind that experiments don't always work out. The Leafs with their custom numbers and numbers outlined in silver, the Stars with their black paired with dark forest green and star-shaped striping, the Sabres completely redesigning and recolouring everything...there's a lot from that era that simply isn't that good.

I love that particular era of jerseys. Loved the leafs look from that time, always liked the stars template from that era too. The sabres were also one of my favourites, especially the template. Never liked the original sabres look, way to plain and boring but the colors were ok. I prefer the colors they wear now with a logo that has more depth to it and doesn't look so flat like the one they have now. Something like this.

sabres_ideal_logo.jpg

21 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

I love that particular era of jerseys.

Obviously. It's the era I grew up with, but I find them mostly to be overrated. I much prefer the aesthetic the league has been moving towards in recent times.

19 minutes ago, Rollins Man said:

I love that particular era of jerseys. Loved the leafs look from that time, always liked the stars template from that era too. The sabres were also one of my favourites, especially the template. Never liked the original sabres look, way to plain and boring but the colors were ok. I prefer the colors they wear now with a logo that has more depth to it and doesn't look so flat like the one they have now. Something like this.

sabres_ideal_logo.jpg

I still prefer the original but that looks miles better than the black, silver and red goathead. There's more emphasis on the sabre swords while keeping the tradition of the crest intact. 

6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Why Kings goes back to their regular logo on ice?

They've finished off to my knowledge their 50th Anniversary celebration. They interestingly changed it between the Florida home game and the Boston home game which was a week apart. The interesting thing is that they didn't go back to the regular log after the All Star game, but kept the 50th for another 3 weeks.

The Bruins jerseys are really hurt by the double-outlined names and numbers. Makes them pretty much unreadable from any distance. I think having the numbers gold and white and the names just one colour would look great.

Boston-Bruins-Rich-Peverley-Game-Worn-Us

57 minutes ago, Point1 said:

The Bruins jerseys are really hurt by the double-outlined names and numbers. Makes them pretty much unreadable from any distance. I think having the numbers gold and white and the names just one colour would look great.

Boston-Bruins-Rich-Peverley-Game-Worn-Us

They should just be gold with a white outline like the yoke.

I think the names/numbers on the whites are perfect though

11 hours ago, Morgo said:

The 1995 spoked 'B' looks really dated now that the new brand has been established and minted with a championship. 

We've gone back and forth on this particular point, but I think this warrants another round: winning does not make a bad logo better.  It creates an emotional connection with fans, sure.  But it does not actually improve the aesthetics. 

23 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

We've gone back and forth on this particular point, but I think this warrants another round: winning does not make a bad logo better.  It creates an emotional connection with fans, sure.  But it does not actually improve the aesthetics. 

I prefer the current version of the B, but I agree with this statement very much.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The best Bruins jersey will always be the Cam Neely era jerseys.

Plain up top, simple B logo, simple numbers. That's the way it was meant to be.

Maybe touch up the logo, remove the bear, and its perfect.

Sleek and simple but still tough.

s-l1000.jpg

6 hours ago, Solaris said:

s-l1000.jpg

I prefer the Bobby Orr-era jerseys with the shoulder yokes... 

orr134.jpg 

These were perfect. The whites did suck, as there was WAY too much yellow. (Neely-era white sweaters had too much yellow too...) 

The current road fixes the color balance... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

8 hours ago, Solaris said:

s-l1000.jpg

AB SO LU TE LY

My ideal Bruins look would be basically what they have now, but with two-color or one-color NOB's. I'd also make this their third sweater:

the_best_nhl_winter_classic_jerseys.jpg

It could maybe use a different crest, but the colors and template are excellent. Heck, it'd be the perfect uniform for playing against the Penguins.

I don't know if this counts as a concept or not - it's not a full jersey, if that matters - but a few years back I tried my hand at combining the two Bruins logos, recolouring the modern serifed logo in the simplified, classic style. I coloured them a bit rough, but I think they look really good that way:
lzKDGyE.png3n3Qeat.png
I was actually inspired by someone on this very board, though I forget who; they had an avatar that was basically the yellow logo.

Archived