TheGrimReaper

2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

4,985 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

We've gone back and forth on this particular point, but I think this warrants another round: winning does not make a bad logo better.  It creates an emotional connection with fans, sure.  But it does not actually improve the aesthetics. 

I prefer the current version of the B, but I agree with this statement very much.

2 people like this

The best Bruins jersey will always be the Cam Neely era jerseys.

Plain up top, simple B logo, simple numbers. That's the way it was meant to be.

Maybe touch up the logo, remove the bear, and its perfect.

Sleek and simple but still tough.

s-l1000.jpg

5 people like this

6 hours ago, Solaris said:

s-l1000.jpg

I prefer the Bobby Orr-era jerseys with the shoulder yokes... 

orr134.jpg 

These were perfect. The whites did suck, as there was WAY too much yellow. (Neely-era white sweaters had too much yellow too...) 

The current road fixes the color balance... 

3 people like this

Here's some news on a possible jersey change for the Sens.

8 hours ago, Solaris said:

s-l1000.jpg

AB SO LU TE LY

Eh. I really like the current Bruins alternate logo. The one that's a modern update of their first logo. I would have to insist in its inclusion for any one uniform described as the "best" Bruins look.

1 person likes this

You mean

1001575new.png

Instead of

1001575.jpg

Such a beauty, elegant, classy, tough. Those were the Bruins.

I'd put the current logos on that template and that would be my ideal Bruins look. 

My ideal Bruins look would be basically what they have now, but with two-color or one-color NOB's. I'd also make this their third sweater:

the_best_nhl_winter_classic_jerseys.jpg

It could maybe use a different crest, but the colors and template are excellent. Heck, it'd be the perfect uniform for playing against the Penguins.

1 person likes this

I don't know if this counts as a concept or not - it's not a full jersey, if that matters - but a few years back I tried my hand at combining the two Bruins logos, recolouring the modern serifed logo in the simplified, classic style. I coloured them a bit rough, but I think they look really good that way:
lzKDGyE.png3n3Qeat.png
I was actually inspired by someone on this very board, though I forget who; they had an avatar that was basically the yellow logo.

7 people like this

i wonder if on Tuesday, December 19th 2017 (100th Birthday of the NHL) that every team will wear a throwback.  

24 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

i wonder if on Tuesday, December 19th 2017 (100th Birthday of the NHL) that every team will wear a throwback.  

I highly doubt it

Just now, tohasbo said:

I highly doubt it

would be nice if they did.  

46 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

I don't know if this counts as a concept or not - it's not a full jersey, if that matters - but a few years back I tried my hand at combining the two Bruins logos, recolouring the modern serifed logo in the simplified, classic style. I coloured them a bit rough, but I think they look really good that way:
lzKDGyE.png3n3Qeat.png
I was actually inspired by someone on this very board, though I forget who; they had an avatar that was basically the yellow logo.

You know, that's an excellent take on simplifying their crest and emphasizing yellow on the black sweater's crest - thereby making the yellow yoke and socks more acceptable. The "B" could be a bit thicker, but I like it.

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

My ideal Bruins look would be basically what they have now, but with two-color or one-color NOB's. I'd also make this their third sweater:

the_best_nhl_winter_classic_jerseys.jpg

It could maybe use a different crest, but the colors and template are excellent. Heck, it'd be the perfect uniform for playing against the Penguins.

I photoshopped this a long time ago to match those.  Makes for a nice set, logo aside. 

WCBergeron-largewhitecopy_zpsf3c5d10e.pn

Their current unis are near perfect though. Best balance in color as well as blending vintage and modern elements. Not sure what they could really do to improve that. 

The Neely era dark set was to unbalanced with the gold socks. And too much gold on the whites. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, B-mer said:

Their current unis are near perfect though. Best balance in color as well as blending vintage and modern elements. Not sure what they could really do to improve that. 

I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see the Bruins replace black with their original brown while still retaining their current logo and uniforms. 

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Gothamite said:

We've gone back and forth on this particular point, but I think this warrants another round: winning does not make a bad logo better.  It creates an emotional connection with fans, sure.  But it does not actually improve the aesthetics. 

No, but when the aesthetics are perfect to begin with (2007/08 Bruins), winning provides and underline for why the look should stay around.

The Cam Neely set looks dated, especially with that awful shoulder patch.

2 people like this

I'll maintain that the current uniforms are the best the Bruins have looked. They could fix the outside border of the numbers, but aside from that they're stunning. I think they have arguably the best uniforms in the league.

3 people like this

I like the Bruins home and away set as is. I think it's the best set in their history, and one of the few teams in the league with a better away jersey.

2 people like this

Not a huge fan of either logo (I don't hate it either). If it was released today I don't think it would garnish so much affection. Though I suppose the fact that it's been around forever is part of the admiration.