2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, hockey week said:

But people in Pittsburgh LOVE that "Pittsburgh" jersey. I don't get it, I really don't, but you talk to people, they all have a story how they had one as a kid, or they're all proud that they have one, they talk about it like it's some cherished vintage jersey from a century ago, that it could be worth good money. It's a complete detachment from reality and it makes no sense, but listen to Pittsburghers and you'll hear the same.

Can anybody back me up on this? Does anybody else her these silly things?

I don't know either way, but I'd imagine it to be true - and why not?  It's a good-looking jersey, and Pittsburgh's one of those places where people go nuts for anything that says the city name on it.  

I'd love for it to come back as an alt, or even invert it and use it as the primary road (and then make the "normal" road the alt.) 

I would lose robo-pigeon from the shoulders though.  Leave them blank.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, Webhamster said:

Everybody remembers this monstrosity, right?

Ottawa-Senators-25th-logo-640x424.jpg.bd

From the Melnyk presser this morning, the logo appears to have been tweaked...

CeKA08WWIAEjUP8.thumb.jpg.480aa6c1fe8a68

It's already ten times better that way.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

9 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

The Penguins can go in so many routes.

All I want is to see Robo-Pen again. 

I would have the Penguins keep their logo, but use the Robo-Pen as shoulder patch. I always enjoyed that logo. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

2 hours ago, mightyduck said:

I still wish these would come back...maybe I'm just nostalgic?

norm-maciver-of-the-ottawa-senators-skat

I always liked the white ones better, so I hope those are the ones that come back :D

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

38 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I always liked the white ones better, so I hope those are the ones that come back :D

Those were pretty great as well!  It's funny, I still remember getting a copy of NHL 95 for Christmas (also the year I started play ice hockey as a kid) and always playing against the Sens since they were an easy team to beat!

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

On 3/20/2016 at 0:26 PM, hockey week said:

But people in Pittsburgh LOVE that "Pittsburgh" jersey. I don't get it, I really don't, but you talk to people, they all have a story how they had one as a kid, or they're all proud that they have one, they talk about it like it's some cherished vintage jersey from a century ago, that it could be worth good money. It's a complete detachment from reality and it makes no sense, but listen to Pittsburghers and you'll hear the same.

Can anybody back me up on this? Does anybody else her these silly things?

I'm not from Pittsburgh but have that road jersey. I think it's a good looking jersey, myself.

To each his own.

On March 23, 2016 at 6:43 PM, mightyduck said:

I don't think it's anything to do with nostalgia, that's a beautiful, classy looking sweater.  Shame the same can't be said for their current set, with its boxy panels and cartoon logo.

On 3/23/2016 at 8:47 PM, panthers_2012 said:

I would have the Penguins keep their logo, but use the Robo-Pen as shoulder patch. I always enjoyed that logo. 

The robo-pigeon was a great logo, I still prefer it to the skating penguin myself, but that has become effectively tied to the failed Baldwin era and the damage his ownership did to the franchise.  I'm not insinuating anything untoward, I just find it interesting that the pigeon was on the uniform from 1993-2008 and the three cup years were 1991, 1992, and 2009. 

On 3/23/2016 at 7:43 PM, mightyduck said:

I always preferred the version that followed, which added white to the striping. I couldn't believe they junked it for that swooshes-and-Serpentine 3rd jersey. The current unis and logos are trash, but Eugene thinks they're great, so they'll stay, Eugene also thinks sports analytics are best reserved for horseracing and Bryan Murray has done a fantastic job, so I guess Sens fans will be pining for the jerseys of the '90s and the teams of the '20s for quite a bit longer.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

13 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Senators04.png

Except for the Heritage set, this is the best set Ottawa ever had

The white stripes just seemed to work with the logo better.  Better color balance.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived