2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

I feel the need to rag on the Stars "new" uniforms, i hate em´, the cheap green color and the horrible logo. I miss the "all-star" jerseys, great design, great main logo and shoulder logo, great colors. 

St. Louis beat Chicago in the first round, now they will have to play them again, but this time there is a twist, Chicago will be wearing their St. Patrick's day jerseys.

# 88 about to go nuts.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hockey week said:

The thing is, we are NEVER happy. Ever. Even the things we seem to like now, like Dallas and Winnipeg, were the worst things ever produced by man when they first came out. 

We're all majorly overreacting, from the highs of "the last logo was iconic!" to the lows of "This is the worst logo possible!" and I'm annoyed that this happens EVERY TIME.

Dude, chill the :censored: out. You have plenty of people either liking it or feeling indifferent towards it. Not everybody does the WORST LOGO EVER crap when a logo changes, it's just that you seem to find it and magnify it in your mind. We all have different opinions about things, and if you wanted universal praise for anything, you're not going to get it anywhere. I for one am indifferent towards it. It's fine, like the previous logo was fine. Perfectly serviceable. It also reminds me of this:

yBdanuL.jpg

...and I find that funny. I don't hate it at all, and many of your forummates don't hate everything when it's new.

Just now, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Its an "OK" logo. But pales in comparison to the previous one. The previous panther is far more dynamic, fierce and impressive.

This one looks like a bland soccer logo with a tame unimposing panther.

This new panthers logo reminds me of this^ and an insurance company logo, or luxury car company...

Bettman's vacation home insurance, The Florida Panthers... :D

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

He is right though. I can't count the amount of times I've seen "they went from one of the best (logos/uniforms) in (insert sport here) to the very bottom...)

Well, i think the Dallas Stars did exactly that

20 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Was Joe Louis Arena 2 too much to ask for? On a side note, does anyone know of any hockey arenas with a separately named rink? Like how Boise State football plays at Albertson's Stadium on Lyle Smith Field. 

Well that brings us right back to the main dicussion of the Florida Panthers!

Lexus Rink at BB&T Center hosts Florida Panthers hockey presented by Party City!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The only exception to the "it went from one of the best logos to the worst logos!" is when a team brings back an old look. 

Ducks, Blue Jays, Blues, Leafs...think of what everyone says they want from the Panthers, for crying out loud. Nostalgia is what we want, anything new is the worst thing ever.

Instead of the big resounding "meh" this logo probably should be getting, we're seeing people act like their limbs were hacked off and eaten by this panther. And just when people are trying to say "hey, the Stars didn't do so badly", we get people saying "How can you say that? It's awful!" which only helps my point. Not mediocre, not "not what I wanted", just terrible terrible terrible.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Hockey week, take a chill pill. Just, for your own sake, take a chill pill and realize that nostalgia isn't all we like. Look at the posters who are indifferent to the logo, or even think it's an upgrade, and there you will find your hope. Also, look at how peeved you got during the North Stars thread. Take that chill pill, maybe a break from the boards, and you'll feel better. Trust me on this one.

3 hours ago, charger77 said:

Aside from the new logo, do we know anything (jerseys, release dates, etc...) about Leafs identity package going forward?

I had assumed it would be released on draft day, though I'm pretty sure that's the product of pure speculation, not an actual rumour.

My preference would be for them to slap the logo on the traditional template and call it a day, although I have feeling they'll try something new. Nothing extravagant, obviously, but perhaps a departure from the classic double stripes or the '60s northwestern stripes is in order.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

i seriously think these sweaters are going to be incredibly sexy.

that old gold is going to look amazing.

-edit- wait... isn't adidas taking over starting next season, or did i get my timeline on the change wrong? that jersey still says reebok. -/edit-

I liked that the Panthers used athletic gold for everything but the crest. Also, I'm fearing some kind of NCAA-ish weird angular pseudo-athletic-block.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The gold looks exactly like the shade used on the current logo.  In fact, it doesn't look like any of the colours have changed in the slightest.  Speculation seemed to indicate slight changes to the overall palette.

Archived