2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

Well, we don't see the blue, and using old gold on the numbers could suggest a removal of athletic gold entirely.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok. So far so good, I guess. Interested in seeing what the numbers will look like if there is a stripe on the back. The gold stroke looks pretty thick. 

Funny that I'm actually happy to see the collar is blue. Such a small thing but I feel it'll make a big difference, like in the concepts we've been doing. 

51 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I liked that the Panthers used athletic gold for everything but the crest. Also, I'm fearing some kind of NCAA-ish weird angular pseudo-athletic-block.

I'm guessing that the number on the jersey is "16"...it does looks like the 6 is a little different than regular block.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, BigBubba said:

On 27/04/2016 at 9:30 PM, wildwing64 said:

THEY CHANGED IT NOW IT SUCKS

I'm sorry, but what do you want? If people don't like a design, they're going to criticize it.

Of course they are. I was simply poking fun at the crowd that tends to knee-jerk overreact that way without putting in much thought beyond that :P

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

CreamSoda's version of the shield without letters but with a little more red somewhere would have been a terrific update and I'd have no complaints.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Tease of the new Panthers sweater:

image.jpeg

There's no way white numbers outlined in gold will look good on top of a white stripe outlined in gold. With that said, either they completely blew the design or the jersey will only feature a thin front stripe.

The jersey will probably look fine, and the logo will look nice and fresh on the front. As time goes on, we will slowly begin to really appreciate the old logo even more as we realise how "eh" the current set is now. That's my guess. A little bit like Arizona, but maybe not as extreme.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 4/29/2016 at 2:27 PM, BigBubba said:

I had assumed it would be released on draft day, though I'm pretty sure that's the product of pure speculation, not an actual rumour.

My preference would be for them to slap the logo on the traditional template and call it a day, although I have feeling they'll try something new. Nothing extravagant, obviously, but perhaps a departure from the classic double stripes or the '60s northwestern stripes is in order.

I would be on board with a traditional template as well.  That being said, I agree...I'm sure they'll try to change it up somehow.  Give me this again, with a matching "home" sweater and call it a day.  

b38be80bbfed27dc2412fd512ca827d1.jpg

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

I disagree.  Ditching the hem stripes was a huge mistake, as was reducing the orange sleeve stripes from two to one.  Either use orange as accent or get rid of it all-together.  On the current uniforms, it looks as though they couldn't decide.  It was also mistake for this 90's expansion team to ditch the unique tri-coloured collars for the same lace-ups (just about) every other team is using.  Only thing the new uniforms got right was removing the shoulder yokes.  Had they just done that, and left everything else untouched, they'd easily be in the top 5.

All the sharks need to do is drop the chest numbers, get rid of the lace up collar and either add a second orange stripe to the arm stripes or get rid of it all together. I don't mind the hem stripes being gone for some reason, and i hate jerseys with no waist stripes. 

the sharks haven't looked good since the reebok edge make-over.

the original irbe era uniforms were great, and the owen nolan era uniforms were great. everything with the new logo, and the addition of orange, has been a cluster as far as i'm concerned.

2 hours ago, Ark said:

The Sharks current uniforms are a MAJOR upgrade over their previous set.

(Snip)

Look at that, there is way too much going on.

The problem with the Sharks current set is that there isn't enough going on. The striping, what little there is of it, is also inconsistent. As I said in an earlier post the removal of the single orange stripe feels like a poorly thought out attempt to please everyone, i.e. the crowd that doesn't like the Sharks in orange, and the crowd that does. If you're going to do anything with orange then either go all the way in removing it, or leave it as it was. I will however praise its removal from the numbers, making them easier to look at.

This isn't even getting into the "making the uniforms lighter" nonsense the Sharks came up with.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The Sharks suffered from the same thing that Vancouver continue to suffer with which is an overly busy jersey with too many competing elements. The new set is over simplified, but I'd rather that than a jersey with too much going on. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

On 4/29/2016 at 2:23 PM, hockey week said:

The only exception to the "it went from one of the best logos to the worst logos!" is when a team brings back an old look. 

Ducks, Blue Jays, Blues, Leafs...think of what everyone says they want from the Panthers, for crying out loud. Nostalgia is what we want, anything new is the worst thing ever.

Instead of the big resounding "meh" this logo probably should be getting, we're seeing people act like their limbs were hacked off and eaten by this panther. And just when people are trying to say "hey, the Stars didn't do so badly", we get people saying "How can you say that? It's awful!" which only helps my point. Not mediocre, not "not what I wanted", just terrible terrible terrible.

The problem with your thesis is I'm not finding this. Where are you seeing this? I think people are being honest about the Panthers rebrand and to say "all I want one time is for people to like something new" well there are multiple examples of this.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived