2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Well, it might make the stripe look like a hem outline at the complete bottom...

Yeah I'm thinking it may be opposite of the St. Louis Blues effect where the navy on the Blues jerseys blend into the pants. This may create an affect that the Blue pants completes the jersey? I dunno.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I have a sinking suspicion that was done to $$$

New logo aside? The ideal Leafs sweater with it would look a lot like the current home/road set. The single hem stripe is *just* different enough to get people on the fence to get a new sweater.

11 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Toronto had the chance to separate themselves with this rebrand and unless we are missing details, they blew it.

Sorry, no. Toronto's had the same basic look for 90 years. If anyone needs to "separate"? It's Tampa.

Look, I'm not a fan of the hem stripes myself. That being said? This is nowhere near the disaster it's being made out to be. It's a downgrade, certainly. 0/5 though? Get out of here with that weak :censored:

4 minutes ago, Morgo said:

It's not a zero by any means.  The frustrating thing is that if the hem stripes matched the sleeves, it could be a perfect 10.

Exactly. I love the logo which for me is a 10 but the jersey looks seriously weird. Pair these jerseys with the usual triple northwestern stripes socks and you get way too many styles going on... I'd say I'd hate that as much as the current MLB trend of different socks striping styles on the same team.

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I know the buzz is around the Leafs right now for obvious reasons but do you guys think Pittsburgh will unveil their new road jersey tomorrow?

God I hope so. I'm buying a road Kessel jersey as soon as I can. 

voRwpN1.png

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

New logo aside? The ideal Leafs sweater with it would look a lot like the current home/road set. The single hem stripe is *just* different enough to get people on the fence to get a new sweater.

Sorry, no. Toronto's had the same basic look for 90 years. If anyone needs to "separate"? It's Tampa.

Look, I'm not a fan of the hem stripes myself. That being said? This is nowhere near the disaster it's being made out to be. It's a downgrade, certainly. 0/5 though? Get out of here with that weak :censored:

Agree. Some total overreactions around these parts. The jersey is a bit of a downgrade. Logo is a bit of an upgrade. Tampa needs to go back to black/blue scheme. 

4 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Personally I would have stuck the new logo on the current jersey and called it a day. But they're not going to sell more of the new ones if it's basically identical. A smart business decision, even if it's not necessarily an agreeable one.

Having said that, I don't think these are bad at all.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

4 hours ago, ChuckFitz66 said:

God I hope so. I'm buying a road Kessel jersey as soon as I can. 

I will definitely consider getting my hands on one myself. I just hope they unveil it tomorrow and get it over with. With Pittsburgh already going Pittsburgh Gold and using the retro jersey in the playoffs, I can't see the Penguins not going to their third full time. With that looking pretty obvious for the most part now, I can't see them making a real big deal out of the return of the matching white jersey to go with their throwback third.

On 23/6/2016 at 0:59 AM, CreamSoda said:

Looks like I'm not the only one!

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3646976

The maple leafs should team up with snoop instead. Hand out free samples at games, and set up a shop inside the Air Canada Centre

People will leave the game happy and not be bothered about the team´s crappy play, and nobody would even remember or care about the final score !

:)

1) @Grant94's version would've been the best way to do it. The hemline doesn't have to match the sleeves, but making them the same thickness makes them really fit together.

Toronto-Set.png

It makes it more 

MapleLeafs11.png + MapleLeafs20.png and has overtones of MapleLeafs01.png with more stripes on the sleeves than the hem.

But what they did just misses the mark. It's not bad, just wildly disappointing.

2) I highly doubt the Penguins will unveil their new road jersey at the draft. They like flash, pomp, and any opportunity they can to sell stuff. That means official unveilings...and I wouldn't be surprised if they add a patch to the black jersey this year just to sell more of them. 

3) I have to DVR the draft and probably won't be able to watch it until next week. Any uniform news, please take screenshots and pictures! Please!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

1 hour ago, hockey week said:

1) @Grant94's version would've been the best way to do it. The hemline doesn't have to match the sleeves, but making them the same thickness makes them really fit together.

Toronto-Set.png

It makes it more 

MapleLeafs11.png + MapleLeafs20.png and has overtones of MapleLeafs01.png with more stripes on the sleeves than the hem.

But what they did just misses the mark. It's not bad, just wildly disappointing.

My sentiments exactly.  This look could have really worked for them with equally-sized stripes.  And who knows if we're going to see the 9-striped socks to make it even more of a mess all to just keep a tradition. 

Don't like the Leafs jersey's at all. It's a poor result of trying to mix eras. I just don't like how the arm and waist stripes are not only different, but the arms and thin and the waist is thick.. It just doesn't go and looks bad.

Although they had to do was slap the new logo on what they already had. Whether that be the home/away or the alt.

Just saw the Leafs' new uniforms. I don't think they are nearly as bad as how they were made out to be, although they certainly could've been a lot better. On a side note, I will admit that I was kinda "meh" on their new logo, but it looks a lot better when it's actually on a jersey and not by itself.

15 hours ago, Davey said:

Its one of those uniforms that will grow on me.

Yeah...like a fungus...

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived