Bud Light gets new look

BadSeed84

I like it a lot, but don't get why they want the "Bud Light" brand to look so much different than the "Budweiser" brand. I know that they market it differently and it wouldn't make sense to have "Budweiser Light" (basically Budweiser with Light written under it on the same style can) but it's like they go out of their way to make Bud Light like a completely separate entity with no resemblance at all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Its definitely not a limited run. per the headline

NEW YORK, Dec. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Bud Light unveiled its plans to give America's favorite beer a fresh new look in the coming year. This redesign – the first major overhaul of Bud Light's visual identity in eight years – will include a reimagined Bud Light logo and contemporized primary and secondary packaging, and is part of a larger brand evolution underway at Bud Light.

Its not bad looking, the wordmark is based on the older cans of course, But lets be fair, it has looked radically different for a long time now.

Heres an article that shows every can.http://www.rsvlts.com/2015/12/17/bud-light-is-rebranding-itself-for-the-first-time-in-15-years/

Obvious response to the Miller can, yeah, but who cares? They are universal upgrades that I feel appropriately package their product. The old bud light logo was still stuck in this awkward NASCAR-ish design era. Needed to go.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Obvious response to the retro Miller Lite can.

Yeah I seriously thought it was going to look like this when I saw the title:

qIFC3bkkjL2ftGGmJlkMXQ-small.jpg

I actually like the new look better than going retro. Its cleaner, more modern and looks fairly unique (at least in the beer aisle, it looks a lot like Absolut Beer to me, of course someone with a better knowledge of beer labels can probably point to some similar looks).

Based on demographics, I think their old look fit their consumer better. And I think Miller Lite's current look fits their consumer best. Bud Light always felt Nascar and NFL to me while Miller Lite felt rural, a bit more retro and "old man" bar. Maybe its based on their locations where St. Louis is jean shorts and ugly draft hats and Wisconsin is hunting camo and free seed company hats...

Speaking of crappy beers, I had High Life for the first time in awhile. That's got to be one of the better crappy beers from the taste to the overall brand around. I'm sure some regional ones are better, but from a National standpoint I can't think of one better.

Obvious response to the retro Miller Lite can.

Yeah I seriously thought it was going to look like this when I saw the title:

qIFC3bkkjL2ftGGmJlkMXQ-small.jpg

I actually like the new look better than going retro. Its cleaner, more modern and looks fairly unique (at least in the beer aisle, it looks a lot like Absolut Beer to me, of course someone with a better knowledge of beer labels can probably point to some similar looks).

Based on demographics, I think their old look fit their consumer better. And I think Miller Lite's current look fits their consumer best. Bud Light always felt Nascar and NFL to me while Miller Lite felt rural, a bit more retro and "old man" bar. Maybe its based on their locations where St. Louis is jean shorts and ugly draft hats and Wisconsin is hunting camo and free seed company hats...

Speaking of crappy beers, I had High Life for the first time in awhile. That's got to be one of the better crappy beers from the taste to the overall brand around. I'm sure some regional ones are better, but from a National standpoint I can't think of one better.

Totally agree with High Life - it's my "go to" lite "session" macro-beer.

Is this the first beer / soda can with a "sweatback" effect? I like it. It's a subtle connection to the parent brand while still keeping this its own distinct brand. Upon further review, I think this is a better way to go than something closer to the main Budweiser can.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unfortunately this doesn't improve the taste of what's inside. I don't care for light beers much, but Bud Light is by far my least favorite of the "Big 3." Designwise, it's a huge improvement, but the font doesn't play well with the crest. It looks chunky and unrefined compared to the finely detailed crest.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Unfortunately this doesn't improve the taste of what's inside. I don't care for light beers much, but Bud Light is by far my least favorite of the "Big 3." Designwise, it's a huge improvement, but the font doesn't play well with the crest. It looks chunky and unrefined compared to the finely detailed crest.

Like making love in a canoe.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I like it a lot, but don't get why they want the "Bud Light" brand to look so much different than the "Budweiser" brand. I know that they market it differently and it wouldn't make sense to have "Budweiser Light" (basically Budweiser with Light written under it on the same style can) but it's like they go out of their way to make Bud Light like a completely separate entity with no resemblance at all.

As somebody in the beer industry, I think it's because Bud Light is no longer the kid brother to Budweiser. Bud Light is the #1 beer in the US and triples Budweiser in annual sales.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Is the BL Lime product line getting a new logo and such too?

BL Lime I believe at this point had grown out of its need to use the BL name.

They could completely spin it off like how all those Michelob seasonal beers became Shock Top.

Now I know why I don't drink Shock Top. :P

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

If anything by going back to the older font and by putting the AB seal on the cans, they brought back ties to it if anything.

The last design was alot more different and had virtually no connection to budweiser other than that sorry sliver of red in the swoosh.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived