Point1's Adidas NHL - 2018-19 3rd Jersey Predictions

Point1

Thanks LAKnight, I experimented with that on the Russia jerseys, but in the end I wanted to keep the flag motif going. The actual World Cup Russia jerseys went with that idea though I think, it looks good there.

Two more World Cup teams:

Team Czech Republic (4/8)

I decided to base this design off their 1998 look, since that was by far the best showing in their international history. I replaced the huge bottom stripe and the "CZECH" on the back with a more straightforward angular design. Overall another simple design, but one with a distinctly Czech look in my opinion.

9TNiYxB.png

Team North America (5/8)

While I'm not a fan at all of the gimmick teams, I decided to stick with them in this series. I was disappointed by the total lack of orange in the Team NA jerseys, so I made that a focal point of this design. Triangular stripes replace the straight grey camo stripes on the original uniforms.

HTRvOey.png

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, BenD said:

That Czech set is gorgeous but my only complaint is that I think the hem stripes should be flipped so that from the front it looks more like the flag

Great point. I added the flag in last so I didn't make the connection, I'll definitely make that adjustment.

2 hours ago, BenD said:

That Czech set is gorgeous but my only complaint is that I think the hem stripes should be flipped so that from the front it looks more like the flag

That would be on the home only, right?

Been paying attention vaguely, all sets are well done

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

1 hour ago, Point1 said:

I think it makes sense on the away as well. Thanks for the compliment :)

It makes sense home only because it looks like the flag on the away already

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

On 9/1/2016 at 9:08 PM, ldconcepts said:

The Team NA is jaw-dropping. That's exactly what they should be wearing; compliments their great logo perfectly.

Thanks so much, LD. It really confuses me that they would refuse to use any orange in their set considering they're the only ones in the tournament using it as a colour.

Here's the Czech update, I adjusted the stripes to reflect the flag.

C5bFYZQ.png

• 1 year later...

Haven't done this in awhile, but thought I'd pitch in my predictions for this coming year's third jerseys. Keep in mind that this is what I predict, rather than what I'd necessary want. Here's part 1 of two.

6Csp1q9.png

C&C appreciated as always.

2 minutes ago, jdavidev said:

The Avalanche killed navy when they updated their look last year (even replaced it with black on the C logo).  I don't think it's coming back.  Also, I hope it's not coming back, man that is so flippin' ugly.

I mean, navy was never really in their look to begin with so it's not crazy to think they might pull it out of their ass again.

4 hours ago, jdavidev said:

The Avalanche killed navy when they updated their look last year (even replaced it with black on the C logo).  I don't think it's coming back.  Also, I hope it's not coming back, man that is so flippin' ugly.

They still use that mountain logo and Navy on a lot of their promotional materials, and a lot of the employees in the arena wear shirts/uniforms that are navy with the mountain logo in it.

I would be shocked if the new third is not navy.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived