Point1's Adidas NHL - 2018-19 3rd Jersey Predictions

Point1

Winter break means... not a lot to do so I can try to jump back into some jersey and logo concepts! This is hopefully be a series that will cover every NHL team. Some of them will get brand new logos, not all of them. I'm gonna start off with two rebranded teams: the Blackhawks today and the Avs tomorrow. Often designs I used will be influenced by other designers, and I'll try my best to give each of them credit.

1/30: Chicago Blackhawks

Hawks%20Logo_zps32ryfw7d.png

Without having a huge political argument over whether or not the Blackhawks logo is offensive, I've always liked the idea of using a literal hawk in the logo instead of the Chief. This is obviously influenced by Mike Ivall's original design, as well as Brandon Moore's recent crack at it as well. As aesthetically appealing as the old shoulder logo was, I think the tomahawk motif is a bit outdated so I went more straightforward. I chose a path closer to the 60s-90s logo, where in normal application the Hawk has no outline, but on the jersey it has a gold outline.

The jerseys are consistent with the ones now, although I changed the numbers on the aways to better balance out the red and black compared to now.

Blackhawks%20Jerseys_zpsm2rivlxr.png

C&C is of course appreciated, and I'll have a new Avs logo and jersey tomorrow!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what you've done here, the logos have a great color balance which it critical.

I'd maybe make the beak a little more streamlined to the head just to distinguish from the Penguins. I like the black C for the shoulder but have you tried using a gold outline? It might not work but I'm just curious. Lastly, I know the red numbers on the road line up with the red home sweater but I actually prefer the black road numbers which in addition to the different stripes lend a nice asymmetry between home and road.

This is so wrong but so right. I like the logos, but it just feels wrong to change this identity. Not that I have anything against you logos/uniforms, which are great, its just that they feel so strange without the classic chief.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Only depends on the situations with Native Americans/government's demands to change (like based on Washington Redskins' situation). I'd say that logo would be the safest way of keeping it tradition and almost the same on Blackhawks logo. I mean I don't mind at all with this one as it still represent of what Blackhawks' history of logos are all about the team. It is a nice logo though. Just saying here

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

By far the best Blackhawks redesign I've ever seen. Bravo. And I actually think that if the Hawks ever do change their identity, something like this is what they need to go with, because this is absolute gold. The tomahawk-replacement mark looks beautiful as well, and I can't wait to see the rest of the series!

I'd make the outline on the logo white to match the alternate logo and because the current outline blends too much into the red. I'd also keep the numbers black with red outline on the home. The logos look great, but I'd try and work on the consistency of the outline width.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Thanks so much for all the comments! I'll update the Hawks pretty soon but for now I'm going to move on to a new team: the Colorado Avalanche.

2/30: Colorado Avalanche

avslogos_zpsv5od0jqm.png

The Avs have a great logo in my opinion but I really wanted to try something new. I may be wrong about this, but I've never seen anyone try to render the avalanche as a puck streaking straight down a mountain so I wanted to give that a go. The shading is directly inspired by the current logo. Black is replaced by navy blue, the original waist striping makes a return, and I've changed the blue colour a little to make it more of a grey-tinged shade. I've also added a black (navy blue) diamond around the captain's C as a unique nod to Colorado's skiing culture. I love it when teams have their own spins on elements like that.

The alternate jersey is obviously a nod to the Colorado Rockies, but also a sleek and modern changeup from the regular home and away jerseys.

Avalanche%20Jerseys_zps7oyzb4zd.png

Once again, C&C is greatly appreciated. Not 100% sure what the next team is, although I might have a few non-rebrands next.

Yea, I understand how it's supposed to be an A, but I see an H with the top cut off with the snow.

Also, something with the blue just seems off, like the jerseys went through the wash and the blue started to get bleached out. I would have a more intense and fuller blue color.

Side note: I don't mind the Chicago Blackhawks alternate logo, but kind of similar to Colorado's mark they are starting to use. Just skewing the C to make it a tad wider I think could solve that.

You're missing some of the TV numbers, and they are WAY to small and to far down the sleeves...

EDIT: The logo also looks like an H as said above...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived