Point1's Adidas NHL - 2018-19 3rd Jersey Predictions

Point1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of those things where it's hard to notice when you spend hours on it :P I'll have an update on it soon. For now:

3/30: Boston Bruins

There's no secret that the Bruins look great right now. I added more yellow, switched up the shoulders, and added a quasi-throwback jersey which I like quite a lot.

Bruins%20Jerseys_zpsxxufoqju.png

Merry Christmas!

Just wanted to comment quickly... the Hawks logo has been making the rounds on the internet thanks to TSN, (ironically) offending a lot of people that I dared even try something new. I'm more annoyed that they refused to mention Mike Ivall's original in the post, making it seem either like I came up with or copied the design. As much as I love infuriating Blackhawks fans, I hope that it's clear that I give Mike full credit for the idea, and I just wanted to take a crack at it.

4/30: Washington Capitals

I've seen a lot of people take a shot at updating the old Capitals jerseys and I think this solution is the best one. I wanted it to look classic but modern, and I think the shoulders help out with that. The third jersey is a subtle nod to the early 2000s jerseys but with the current scheme, and the Weagle finally gets a spot on a navy blue jersey.

Capitals%20Jerseys_zpsm4oce4hs.png

Bonus Concept: World Cup 1/8 - Team Canada

Based on the best jerseys Canada's ever worn at the World Cup's predecessor with a Canadian flag stripe added to the arms. Third jersey is based on the current ones but without black and with the classic logo and a traditional collar.

Canada%20Jerseys_zpszgyrohfp.png

5/30: Anaheim Ducks

Combined the classic look with orange for a pop. Added shoulders to make the design less bottom-heavy. Alternate is pretty simple, throwing back to the old diagonal stripes and focusing on the jade and orange, Full logo credit to ieatstaples' amazing Project Unity series.

Ducks%20jerseys_zpshnrw520f.png

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, this series isn't dead, but when I'm away at school I don't have access to any of my templates or programs so it basically means an intermission. Hopefully I'll have some more substantial updates coming in April (including a full World Cup redo), but for now I found my subtle redesign of the (soon to be) Penguins jerseys.

6/30: Pittsburgh Penguins

I changed the striping subtly to make things simpler and more consistent from hem to sleeve. This also improves the white jersey because the hem striping translates more easily. No third jersey for now, but I'll probably try something either gold or maybe a throwback.

Pens%20Jerseys_zpsogwkfb0q.png

I'm actually a fan of your Ducks jerseys..... colours wise. I agree it does look like a Rangers clone..... and the alternate jersey feels off, because the Eggplant is missing. The logo update made by 

Your Penguins set is really nice..... but I feel as if the Home has too much yellow for my own personal liking. It's not a bad set, I just don't like seeing yellow used so dominantly on a white jersey as the colours do tend to bleed. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

• 2 weeks later...

Archived