Point1's Adidas NHL - 2018-19 3rd Jersey Predictions

Point1

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. April was optimistic. All my templates, mouse, and other stuff is at my parents' house so I can only do this when I'm home. Luckily, I am for the next little bit. Will try to pump out as many new concepts as possible. Really glad so many awesome NHL series have popped up since I've been gone. Expect an Anaheim update, Florida, St. Louis, and more in the next couple of days. In the meantime, to commemorate this Stanley Cup Final....

San Jose Sharks (7/30)

Sharks20161_zpspuluk40z.png

First thing I did was simplify the logo, big time. There's way too many thin lines and weird cartoonish flourishes in the current mark. I thickened all the strokes, removed the stick (and the orange), lightened the teal considerably, and tried to make the mark more bold overall. Home uniform returns to the 1990s classic. I never liked that jersey's white equivalent so I used striping more like their first Rbk Edge jerseys. 

Pittsburgh Penguins (6*/30)

Pens%20Jerseys_zpsg33gbgau.png

No significant changes to my first go, but added socks and updated the presentation. This series is about balancing color and boldness with timeless designs, so gold is a huge part of both uniforms.

C&C would be great! Hope to have a lot more for you guys soon.

Maybe posting this at 2 AM wasn't the best way to give it attention. In that case, next team.

St. Louis Blues (8/30)

One of the more simple fixes. Took out the weird stripe separation, straightened the shoulders, and made royal more prominent than navy on the white. (Also, I know Steen doesn't wear 22)

dzLpkiq.png

27 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Damn, that's great.

Love the presentation. It's clean, smooth, and modern. Same goes for the jerseys.

San Jose's logo is spectacular, along with the jerseys. I'm in the camp that thinks the orange belongs, so maybe that could be an accent color.

Thanks so much, was really influenced by your presentation.

I really like orange too, but I pretty much had to pick between it and grey anf I love those classic jerseys too much.

Told you I was rolling through them...

Florida Panthers (9/30)

I'm not a huge fan of the new Panthers identity. The flat vegas gold, the ultra-militaristic vibe, and the new crest all fall pretty short for me. I do love the updated Panther, and so that becomes the basis of a set that essentially updates their classic uniforms. Nothing flashy, but an awesome look that can survive forever.

0t7h6vS.png

And as a bonus...

Anaheim Ducks (4*/30)

Took the CC, killed the orange from the look. The Mighty Ducks jerseys are classic, even if the striping isn't. The logo is still updated, and the striping is simplified. I also sharpened the colours a bit; the eggplant is a bit darker and the jade a bit brighter. This is to make the unique jade contrast more and stand out.

Bdc96UV.png

Can't go wrong with that panthers design. Although you left the red in the negative space on the curl of the tail on the road jersey. I also don't like the yellow outline on the logo on that one. Maybe try navy?

17 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

The non colour balance kills the look for Anaheim IMO.

You mean the amount of Jade on the white? Its the same on the classic jerseys, and I've always liked it tbh. Jade's such a unique colour that emphasizing it is a no brainer to me.

Toronto Maple Leafs (10/30)

I love the Leafs' new logo, but I actually prefer the Icethetics preview design, so I used that here. The blue is lightened to its original shade, the vintage jerseys are reapplied, and the sweater collar finishes off the classic look.

r5EFVuG.png

Minnesota Wild (11/30)

The Wild have one of my favourite away jerseys and logos in the NHL, but neither of their home looks really do it for me. I kept the logo on the front and decided to keep the vintage white and green combo.

aseuFeP.png

Ottawa Senators (12/30)

I'm not a huge fan of the Sens' use of vintage white, on the other hand; I think normal white looks a lot sharper. I used the infamous side Senator logo and a new shoulder patch to add gold highlights to uniforms that combine their inaugural and throwback jerseys.

5AcrcPl.png

Definitely leave gold in the moon of the Wild logo... It really adds a pop of color to the sweaters...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived