Point1's Adidas NHL - 2018-19 3rd Jersey Predictions

Point1

You have come back with a vengeance! The adidas jerseys are good to incredible.

SJ is fantastic, I'd even say perfect with a slightly darker teal. 

Pit & STL awesome.

Love the Florida recolour.

The ANA home is perfect, but the striping on the away feels off. The dark purple stand out way too much. 

Toronto's cuffs need to match

Minnesota is good, but I'd go with three colours only. Get rid of wheat completely, or have no white and go full hog on the wheat train. 

This is the best senators concept I've ever seen, but I would like an outline on the numbers. 

qtOnrJr.png

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calgary Flames (13/30)

Lot of controversy over what the Flames should look like. Everyone agrees they should change their jerseys, but between throwing back, darkening red, getting rid of black etc. no one can agree on how. I love the pre-edge look, but the template is very 2006. I simplified it, lightened the red, and thickened the black on the logo, and I think the result is a bold, fiery look.

fbWHVFV.png

Winnipeg Jets (14/30)

I like the Jets' jerseys, but the weird shade of light blue threw me off. I tried messing with the double blue, but I kept coming back to the red from the logo. The primary logo was my own concept, but I found that AnxiousOx did a very similar one first so credit to him. 

jelWRYT.png

About to leave for London for a week, so this is the last update for a bit. Would still love C&C on everything I've posted since I got back, and I appreciate the awesome comments I've gotten so far.

Edmonton Oilers (15/30)

One look that has not made the transition to HD very well is the Oilers' classic look. Not only are the numbers illegible, but the whole thing looks garish on TV now. The easiest way to handle this is to return them to navy, although I did keep the orange. Unfortunately their current jerseys remind me of failure now, so this conveniently sidesteps that.

sSD5Q6R.png

Tampa Bay Lightning (16/30)

I have never liked a Tampa Bay Lightning logo or jersey. Either they've been black messes that make the blue almost invisible, or dull Leafs ripoffs. While these are simple, I tried to evoke the best of all their looks; the simplicity of the current look, the boldness of their old (flawed) logo, with a few design nods to the jerseys they won the Cup in. The logo harkens back to the old state outline logo, and the subtle Lightning bolt and sea blue-grey trim give the uniforms some personality.

meMMHTF.png

Thanks for all your comments so far guys; keep them coming!

Thought I'd toss in a quick update I had lying around.

Washington Capitals (3*/30)

Ditched the script, went with the Weagle and added in stars. Both touches add a lot to what was a pretty plain design the first time around.

ALcGbef.png

4 hours ago, Eric Westhaver said:

Congratulations. You knocked these last few designs right out of the park. Especially that Jets logo... dear god that's stunning.

Thanks, its amazing how nice that logo is when you strip away all the unnecessary crap from it.

Great work! However, I'm sorry, but I am quite fond of the existing Jets logo. You more than made up for it with everything else though. I've always wanted to see some red in the Jets scheme (although I also like the silver over white). Love Washington. And as an Edmonton fan, it hurts to say this, but your take on the Flames is superb. My Oilers are definitely an upgrade, but here in Edmonton we love what we have just because of the history and the glory days. If the Oil were to change though, this would be perfect. Great work.

8 hours ago, ujju2 said:

Great work! However, I'm sorry, but I am quite fond of the existing Jets logo. You more than made up for it with everything else though. I've always wanted to see some red in the Jets scheme (although I also like the silver over white). Love Washington. And as an Edmonton fan, it hurts to say this, but your take on the Flames is superb. My Oilers are definitely an upgrade, but here in Edmonton we love what we have just because of the history and the glory days. If the Oil were to change though, this would be perfect. Great work.

It really is too baf that the Oil switched to the classic uniforms a few seasons too soon. Now I see them and I think of losing, not 99.

Arizona Coyotes (17/30)

I've never been a huge fan of the Coyotes identity, and the new jerseys seem like they could be for any team. However, the 1990s logo belongs in that era, as charming as it is. I do like the brick red colour scheme a lot, and I tidied up the current logo. The Arizona flag pattern is one I've always thought the team should emphasize, and I took notes from ColeJ's concept a few years ago.

PK5KZDl.png

Thanks a lot. :) 

Los Angeles Kings (18/30)

I absolutely hate the current Kings logo. It's a shame it has two Cups behind it. I don't mind the concept of it, and I don't think that any of their previous logos adequately replace it. I made a new logo using a similar font to the Los Angeles Lakers and a new crown design in a more regal shield. Jerseys are simple, and use the colors that the team has won championships in.

EpTgfQj.png

Thanks for the input guys!

Carolina Hurricanes (19/31)

The Canes have one of those logos that, while flawed, I've never seen anyone actually improve on. At this point I think it deserves to stick around. I used a concept that's been tried a few times before, bringing the flags back and putting them on the arms as well. With their colour scheme it's important that they have something unique about their identity.

m6PwMGp.png

I'm going to assume that the Canes jerseys are absolutely perfect and without flaw...

Las Vegas Aces (20/31)

Got excited about the new team so I thought I'd add them. Shout out to Sparky Chewbarky whose Aces concept has a lot in common with where my mind went. Slate grey as the main colour is an interesting choice, and Vegas gold is too perfect. 

WnVccd7.png

C&C very appreciated.

Archived