Yet Another NFL Series (32/32) - COMPLETED 3/5

LAWeaver

love seattle, more green and less gray is much better.

ravens are giving me a TCU vibe but thats not a bad thing, this is definitely a different approach than i normally see the introduction of gray into the color scheme intrigues me

pittsburgh is perfect. thats exactly how i envision the steelers as well, the yellow helmet is gorgeous and the number font just scream steelers.

well done on most of these so far!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, BigRed618 said:

Ravens look interesting. Also, aren't they from the South division? The South is Ravens, Jaguars, Texans, and Titans, while the North has Steelers, Bengals, Browns, and the Colts, iirc.

Nope. Ravens in the North and the Colts in the South. 

Anyone else?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Looks like you fixed the browns! woohoo.  Anyway as far as the Bengals, I like the sublimated striping in the pant stripe, that being said it feels a little dis-jointed not being any where else in the design.  I'd be curious to see what it looks like at its full intensity.  Maybe something more along the lines of whats on the sleeves. Idk if it'll work but it may be worth exploring.  Also, I love everything you did with the NFC west, just about perfect!

spacer.png

Thanks for the comments guys. I will take your suggestions into consideration during the update portion of the thread. Next up: The NFC EAST!

Dallas Cowboys:

UwuUOLB.jpg

wNcl7OY.jpg

Not much to say about this one. No more black or royal blue, the silvers are now all the same as are the blues. Pretty much what everyone wants to see happen from "America's Team".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York Giants:

pgqgiV8.jpg

VC99uLK.jpg

Northwestern stripes appear on the helmet and the home uniform. The away jersey's striping has changed to reflect the striping on the white pants, which are now back. The numbers on both the home and away remain the same color but now have red and blue outlines, respectively. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philadelphia Eagles:

r6mFliA.jpg

oWlGzh4.jpg

Okay, lots of stuff happening here. For the record, the primary logo remains intact. However, all black on the uniform is gone. Number font changes to Final Frontier, jersey striping is new and makes an appearance on both sets of pants. White facemask appears and the wings on the helmet have adjusted to the removal of black. The E logo appears on the chest of both the home and road. 

Washington Warriors:

a8Y11iC.jpg

elJJnsi.jpg

VYkwWFJ.jpg

First thing's first: The name change. This was the most obvious change. With the name change comes a new logo. The logo is a modernized version of the spear used in the late 60's. The helmet is similar to Florida State's from their update (before they changed them back) as the spears go all the way to the back, but do not intersect. The jerseys are similar to the current ones they wear now except the striping has been moved up. White and Burgundy pants return to the rotation. 

Next up: the AFC West. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Liking the helmet striping on the Giants, very clean and uniform look overall.  Solid on Cowboys and Warriors. Eagles stripes felt a little forced into the design.  I think a different typeface may help or play around with how the numbers are expressed, either stroked, drop shadowed, or stand alone. I definitely like the new brand direction for the team though! great work

spacer.png

... well, guess I'm moving on. I'd love to here some more C+C on, well, any of these. Thanks Red-Knight for your comment. I think i will ultimately eliminate the number outlines on the Eagles. 

Up next: the AFC West.

Denver Broncos:

y9KFK1z.jpg

cY5kU9L.jpg

This is simply a combination of eras. The uniforms are inspired by these worn in 1966 with the current number font.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kansas City Chiefs:

TIwamLA.jpg

sHYKQeQ.jpg

QrjYzKn.jpg

Obviously the biggest change is the logo. I simply modernized it, removing the black as it never appears in the uniforms. I used Tertre for the interlocking KC and added a shadow to the arrowhead, something that has been done by other around here and all over the web. The uniforms are pretty simple. The away striping is, in theory, the same as the striping on the home jersey and red pants, as both sets are white-red-yellow-red-white.

Oakland Raiders:

oXyPR9Q.jpg

JMa2Kwj.jpg

I originally had silver numbers for the away, but figured someone would think they wouldn't be too visible in real life despite the team wearing throwbacks in 2008(?) featuring white uniforms with silver digits. So, I went with their normal look as there's nothing anyone can really do to this team.

San Diego Chargers:

qkrJHNQ.jpg

HJCbvi9.jpg

Probably one of my uniform concepts I've made. I'm a sucker for Navy-sky-gold color schemes. For San Diego, Sky blue is the way to go. I originally had yellow numbers and yellow-dominant striping on the home, but opted out a couple days ago. I threw in some yellow britches that would only be worn on the road though they wouldn't look too bad with the home. 

The NFC South is on deck and should be posted later this week. I'd love to hear some constructive criticism with these. Hopefully we can get some better discussion going. BTW, I'd appreciate some more in-depth comments as they are much more helpful than one-liners. Thanks in advance!

Denver: perfect

KC: love the new logo and sleeve stripes, the current one is outdated.

Oakland: Perfect

San Diego: Nice but I suggest the sleeve stripe extend so the bolt isn't cut off.

Overall all of your concepts so far have been great, and thanks for all the paint templates.

IxkieML.png

Im really enjoying this series!

Denver - way to tie in the white on their helmet, I've always thought thats something they lacked.  Overall uniform combos seem good!

KC - LOVE LOVE LOVE the new logo! it has desperately needed an updating and I think you nailed it! anything close to this and itll be great! good show!

Raiders - classic. simple. nice.

Chargers - definitely a cleaner look and I see what you are doing with the sleeve bolt getting it to look like a normal sleeve stripe. Overall solid.  Im fine with the sky blue, and you utilized it well, but Id be curious to see how navy pants complimented the jerseys.  Not sure if itll work but worth an exploration.  lastly, I feel there is a little bit of a disconnect with the white on white away set. Unity wise the numbers seem a bit too disconnected style wise from the pants.  I think it may be due to the navy stroke over powering the sky blue on the pants making it flow less with the sky blue jersey numbers... so maybe thin out the middle stroke on the pants to match the strokes on the numbers? idk and sorry for being long winded 

spacer.png

Archived