OKC Thunder Re-Brand

BrandMooreArt

The Bolt-K is a smart idea but I'd like to see just a little more sharp and then I'd like to see the Buffalo filled in with Oklahoma left empty and I think that'd give the logo some more weight.

I like the Roundel Alt and the Wordmark (same sharper bolt critique)

I'm not a fan of the rain striping (but I think that's more of me not being a fan of pinstripes I respect taking the chance)

It's easily an upgrade over what OKC has right now. Good work.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Wow, these are nice, I love the creative use of merchandise and a billboard. I like the addition of the bison there and that the "K" has a lightning bolt in it. My one critique is that the primary logo looks a little blank, maybe a "Thunder" on the top or bottom of the lines.

What's the connection with the bull?

the buffalo is the state animal

I'd like to see the Buffalo filled in with Oklahoma left empty and I think that'd give the logo some more weight.

i know what you mean, but then i think you would lose the branding iron look. thats really what everything is built on and why i made everything 1 color (or solid color as in the wordmark)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'd like to see the Buffalo filled in with Oklahoma left empty and I think that'd give the logo some more weight.

i know what you mean, but then i think you would lose the branding iron look. thats really what everything is built on and why i made everything 1 color (or solid color as in the wordmark)

Okay with that insight I agree with your original decision then.

tumblr_p3eoj4gyq71ufhi8uo1_1280.png

DU2NX7nW0AAhqtw.jpg

Despite my bias as a Spurs fan, as an Okie, we're proud of the fact that the team uses the state flag shade of blue as it's main color. I think the problem isn't the colors or uni design the team currently has, despite the navy blue/white alt, but the logo. And despite how well crafted your design is, I don't see a logo that would really stand out to Oklahomans as a great improvement. Your wordmark logo is very good, especially placed on a home jersey, but we'd want to see Oklahoma City on the road jersey, something that makes it a popular jersey around town because it says our city on it, same with the new Sunset jerseys.

Despite my bias as a Spurs fan, as an Okie, we're proud of the fact that the team uses the state flag shade of blue as it's main color. I think the problem isn't the colors or uni design the team currently has, despite the navy blue/white alt, but the logo. And despite how well crafted your design is, I don't see a logo that would really stand out to Oklahomans as a great improvement. Your wordmark logo is very good, especially placed on a home jersey, but we'd want to see Oklahoma City on the road jersey, something that makes it a popular jersey around town because it says our city on it, same with the new Sunset jerseys.

thats good feedback, thank you.

from the outside though, i dont feel the state flag is strong enough to build the identity on. i know its not navy blue like many other state flags, but i don't feel theres anything special about it. what i took from the flag instead was the san serif font - but i didn't use that exact font, something much more modern and better crafted; Fira Sans.

its hard for me to know what Okies are proud of and want to be represented by, but that was a big focus of mine. i thought the Bison, as the state animal, would be a strong symbol.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Always exciting when you post a concept Brandon. You put a lot of thought into your re-brands and they pay off. Excellent work, logos look great and would be extreme upgrade from current set. However, I think their current state flag blue color is fantastic and would love to see it incorporated more in this concept, maybe as an alt uniform or just as striping. The #4 in the numerals look awkward and the court seems a little lifeless without any color. IMO home should say "thunder", away should read "Oklahoma City" and alt say OKC. These are just minor issues I have though and only personal preferences. Great job again!!

Always exciting when you post a concept Brandon. You put a lot of thought into your re-brands and they pay off. Excellent work, logos look great and would be extreme upgrade from current set. However, I think their current state flag blue color is fantastic and would love to see it incorporated more in this concept, maybe as an alt uniform or just as striping. The #4 in the numerals look awkward and the court seems a little lifeless without any color. IMO home should say "thunder", away should read "Oklahoma City" and alt say OKC. These are just minor issues I have though and only personal preferences. Great job again!!

thanks, i know that light blue has meaning for the fan base, and im actually a fan of it myself too. but to expand on the previous post i guess when it came to using a light blue it was about getting a color palette that was less complex (eliminate yellow) and more harmonious. starting with the "storm clouds navy blue" it was about building a nice color harmony that stemmed from that navy and the current OKC blue just didn't quite fit; too saturated i think.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

I think the presentation is awesome as well as the logo packages and it fits an western feel. However, the colors on the uniforms don't mesh well together. Like you have a solid Navy wordmark, a solid orange bolt, solt light blue okc in the uniforms which seems disjointed. Also, different colors would've been cool to specifically the colors in the Kevin Durant pic (like an electric blue, volt green/yellow). JMO

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

thats good feedback, thank you.

from the outside though, i dont feel the state flag is strong enough to build the identity on. i know its not navy blue like many other state flags, but i don't feel theres anything special about it. what i took from the flag instead was the san serif font - but i didn't use that exact font, something much more modern and better crafted; Fira Sans.

its hard for me to know what Okies are proud of and want to be represented by, but that was a big focus of mine. i thought the Bison, as the state animal, would be a strong symbol.

I see your point, but I think that focusing on the sunset and navy makes it look like a knock-off of the Warriors old look. If you made a bison mark for the main logo, and kept the branded bison as a secondary, while restoring the light blue, you might have a real solid look. The bison and the flag blue/sunset are the parts of the team that really resonate with OKC, because they're our symbols. Even sunset, being a blend of OU Crimson and OSU Orange (that's how it was stated back in the original press conference when they came to OKC) is something that fans love. Look at the new sunset alt, find a way to balance in the flag blue and you have a template for a solid uniform look, maybe the striping of the white sleeved alt too?

Archived