MIAA (Division II) Redesign (4/14). Fort Hays State Updated!

RyanB03

Hey guys! I've seen a lot of college football uniform re-do's and decided to do my own, except this is Division II! A lot of you might have no clue who any of these teams are, heck I don't either, but here it is. I'm currently only doing the MIAA (Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association), but if people like this topic and if I have time on my hands, I might do some other conferences. But, here's the first team, Central Missouri Mules:

Central Missouri Mules

Central Oklahoma Bronchos

Emporia State Hornets

Fort Hays State Tigers

central_missouri_concept_zpseuv8qkab.png

"MIAA" really got my hopes up, but then I read it was D-II and not D-III. The latter is on my list of projects for 2016.

I like what you've done, and the second iteration is definitely an improvement. Two potential points of feedback:

1) Have you considered horizontally flipping the logo so that it's always facing forward?

2) The shoulder stripes need more definition. I'd recommend either a tapered look (similar to the Vikings), or a triple stripe (similar to Ole Miss or LSU).

3) The pants might have a bit more pop if they were dual wide stripes. Perhaps white/red on black pants and black/white on the red pants. You could also try one wide stripe and a posterior narrow accent stripe, but in that case it may go against the style of a triple shoulder stripe.

Just my $0.02. Keep up the good work!

Good luck on this task. I look forward to see what you do. The MIAA football uniforms have become an overall mess over the years, even Northwest's 'Oregon-ish' unis.

The challenge for you is that we got several teams with dark color / gold or yellow: Fort Hayes, Emporia (especially back in the day) and my alma matar, MWSU.

I like that you simplified the stripes and made the numbers white on the red jersey for UCM. Never understood why they have black numbers. I kind of like the white helmet (but maybe with a red stripe). Black has been the traditional color but their logo never stood out.

For UCO, having yellow as the primary home jersey is good idea. I am not sure about the multi-color shoulders. Maybe have the nameplate in yellow. You might want to try a solid blue 'UCO' logo on the yellow helmet so it can stand out.

Be careful if you try a yellow helmet with MWSU. We tried that and it looks bad: http://gogriffons.com/news/2015/10/24/FB_1024153921.aspx?path=football

I think in this design, the double blue isn't working because there isn't enough color balance in the design. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason where the colors are. Generally, numbers and yokes and whatever is on the jerseys should be the same color, or contrasting to the other jersey (white on black jersey, black on white). But overall I think you should get rid of the double yoke. Make a definite main, secondary and tertiary color. Right now yellow is the main, but the amount of the different double blues is distracting. Limit one color to a smaller amount, and I'd say match the helmet stripe to the pants stripe in someway. Not a bad start though, I'm looking forward to keeping up with these designs

Got an update here for UCO. I tried to limit the use of their light blue since it's just a tertiary color, but it's still being used here and there. So I took out the multicolored sleeves and made them all dark blue on the home and all yellow on the away. I also made the helmet stripe light blue-yellow-light blue to match the pants, didn't want to change the pants stripe because I liked the way it was already. And finally, I changed the logo on the helmet to an only dark blue and yellow to make it poop more.

central_oklahoma_concept_zpswareza3k.png

Haven't posted in a few days, so I'll do one now. Here we have the Emporia State Hornets. If you couldn't already tell, the helmet stripe and pants stripe is the middle line of their "E" logo, I thought it represented a hornets stinger (and that's probably the reason it's apart of the logo), so I used it for stripes. I also used a black shoulder their because I like the way the black/charcoal color looks on the shoulders like that. So, here it is:

emporia_state_concept_zpswvgzjy5n.png

As a Missouri Western Griffon Grad, I am looking forward to your design!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

So I've finished the next team here, Fort Hays State. So, since they're the tigers, I went with the design I used on my Carolina Panthers concept in my NFL Concepts Post by using the claw marks on the pants, shoulders, and helmet. I also went with an LSU style helmet by doing the Tiger image below a curved team abbreviation (FHSU). So, here's FHSU:

fort_hays_state_concept_zpscdugc7au.png

Archived