World Hockey Association Working Thread

JCRGraphix

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JCR, I tried to message you, but I guess your inbox is full. I have put my message to you in the spoiler below. You can message me or reply in this thread if that is what works best for you.

JCR,
I have really enjoyed looking at your World Hockey project. I think I would be happy to do a team (or several depending on time). Marrakesh stood out to me because about 6 years ago I spent some time with good family friends of mine that were expats in Fes, Morocco, for several years. We spent an evening in Marrakesh, and later on our time together we went down and rode camels and camped in the sand dunes of the Sahara. Anyhow, you probably don't really care about all that; but I would enjoy designing Marrakesh. Do you have any guidelines for them? Do you want me to use Arabic script? English too? Any logos you want them to have, fonts to use, etc. What style logo do you envision them having? (For example, a lot of your European teams feature crests that look more like soccer crests; do you have a style in mind for Middle East/North African teams.)
I won't promise a quick turnaround, but I will get to them (assuming no one else has claimed them).
Best,
David Miller

award%20sig.png

I'll take a stab at Oslo if no one has started yet. I've also started a logo for Delhi.

(I'll do Mumbai instead)

Yea about this I don't think I'll be able to the Mumbai jerseys. Some stuff has come up and I will be busy all next week. I'll try and get Delhi done some time this weekend.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

You have no nicknames for Melbourne or Sydney so what about these.

Melbourne Royals ( Features on state seal)

Melbourne Bats (One of Melbourne's key developing characters last name was Bateman.)

Sydney Kookaburras ( State Fauna emblem)

Sydney Fleet ( Sydney is close to where Captain Cook discovered Australia and where the First Fleet arrived.)

I'd like to do jacksonville. Surf is a really cool name and I think I can make a good concept out of it.

You got it. I'm excited to see what you come up with.

Did you get my email? I sent it a while ago.

I'll have to check again. I don't recall seeing it.

I'll take a stab at Oslo if no one has started yet. I've also started a logo for Delhi.

(I'll do Mumbai instead)

Yea about this I don't think I'll be able to the Mumbai jerseys. Some stuff has come up and I will be busy all next week. I'll try and get Delhi done some time this weekend.

No problem. Anybody else want Mumbai?

Melbourne Bats (One of Melbourne's key developing characters last name was Bateman.)

Sydney Fleet ( Sydney is close to where Captain Cook discovered Australia and where the First Fleet arrived.)

I like it: Melbourne Royals and Sydney Fleet.

Up next we have logos for Tiki Hawai'i if anybody wants to do the uniforms. The main color is Green #116A0F (17, 106, 15)

logo.png

shoulderpatch.png

I'll take the Warsaw team, and since they are currently unnamed I'll submit the name Warszawa Zabry, which translates to the Warsaw Bison. They're named for the European bison (Wisent) that live in that region.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

I'll take the Warsaw team, and since they are currently unnamed I'll submit the name Warszawa Zabry, which translates to the Warsaw Bison. They're named for the European bison (Wisent) that live in that region.

correct name is Żubry in plural

And IMHO this name is better for Minsk. But Zubr is allready used in Dinamo Minsk logo

correct name is Żubry in plural

And IMHO this name is better for Minsk. But Zubr is allready used in Dinamo Minsk logo

Yep, you're right... I couldn't figure out how to get the "Ż" into the post (now of course it works), and I misspelled the name. So its Warszawa Żubry...

Dynamo Minsk's use of the bison in their logo is why I didn't want to use that name for them, and since the range of wisents are in Poland I thought it could work there too.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

What about the Auckland Masters? As Auckland is well known as "the city of sails" could make sense meaning the master of a ship.

Or maybe Auckland Aotearoa H.C. (Aotearoa, meaning "the land of the long withe cloud", is the maori name for New Zealand).

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

I'd like to do jacksonville. Surf is a really cool name and I think I can make a good concept out of it.

You got it. I'm excited to see what you come up with.

Did you get my email? I sent it a while ago.

I'll have to check again. I don't recall seeing it.

(I'll do Mumbai instead)

No problem. Anybody else want Mumbai?

I like it: Melbourne Royals and Sydney Fleet.

Up next we have logos for Tiki Hawai'i if anybody wants to do the uniforms. The main color is Green #116A0F (17, 106, 15)

logo.png

shoulderpatch.png

Sweet, if you don't mind I'll help out with Melbourne and Sydney.

Sweet, if you don't mind I'll help out with Melbourne and Sydney.

Sounds great! I'd love the help.

We have a couple more sets here. On by myself and one by Pulv!

First let's take a look at Pulv!'s design.

BLAZERS1.png

BLAZERS2.png

Next is the Bayern Eishockey Klub.

BAYERN1.png

BAYERN2.png

For those of you looking for the goalie templates, they're uploading. The internet here in Afghanistan is brutally slow. I can't wait to get home. I mean, seeing the wife and kids will be great, obviously, but my 100mbps beats the hell out of the rubbish here.

Ok, here are the goalie templates I have uploaded. Feel free to use the plain goalie gear to design your own gear. All I ask is that you keep one brand for your team. Whoever makes your jerseys, have them make your goalie gear as well. Also, if anyone wants to help with the goalie gear, feel free to create your own template form the plain goalie gear. The goalie mask has three different options for cages (normal, minor/college, Tim Thomas/Don Beaupre) I have these as psd. You can import them with gimp. As far as Paint.net goes, I'm not experienced with that, so if anybody wants to convert these, go for it. Feel free to use these for whatever you want, just give credit where credit is due.

There will be more coming and I'll post them here.

Mask

Plain Goalie Gear

Adidas Freeze

Adidas Racer

Adidas Vintage

CCM Extreme Flex (real)

CCM Retro Flex Pro (real)

CCM Vintage

Reebok Larceny (real)

Also, I have some without the brands on them since I don't intend on using these brands. You can use them for companies like Nike and Puma that don't make real goalie gear.

Archived