Renaming the Big Ten

Tygers09

So if the Big 10 changed their name should the Big 12 then change their name to the Big 10? Also would everyone who wants the Big 10 to change their name think the Atlantic Coast Conference should change their's since Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville are no where near the Atlantic coast? Same with the Pacific in the PAC12 name since the Colorado, Utah and the Arizona schools are pretty far from the Pacific. Also the SEC might think about changing their's since Missouri and Texas A&M aren't really located in what is thought of as the Southeast.

So if the Big 10 changed their name should the Big 12 then change their name to the Big 10? Also would everyone who wants the Big 10 to change their name think the Atlantic Coast Conference should change their's since Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville are no where near the Atlantic coast? Same with the Pacific in the PAC12 name since the Colorado, Utah and the Arizona schools are pretty far from the Pacific. Also the SEC might think about changing their's since Missouri and Texas A&M aren't really located in what is thought of as the Southeast.

Good point, all of the conferences' names are contradicting. Would I personally want them to make adjustments to their names? Absolutely, but I'll also acknowledge the fact that it will never happen.

As an ACC fan, rah rah, they even squeak through with their Coastal & Atlantic divisions. Coastal might imply everyone nearest the ocean, the Atlantic ocean n'est pas...?

The ACC would never change up unless Miami truly sinks out... it'd be a cold day in hell before they put FSU & Miami in a same South division. Which would create an ACC North, which might as well be Big East 3.0. Coastal & Atlantic are nice inoffensive names, I've liked it since inception.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Since the conference when from 10 teams to 14, shouldn't the conference name be changed? Here are some my suggestions:

North East Conference or NEC for short

Great Lakes Conference GLC for short

Yeah you could call it the Big 14 or if they added 2 more schools, call it the Big 16, but Big 10 to me just sounds redundant or futile.

You just don't get it, do you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I guess the American League should be renamed the International League because of the Toronto Blue Jays. And the International League should become the American League because they're all based in America.

"Big Ten" is a name. It is not just a description or adjective. Why is it called the PAC-12? Pacific Athletic Conference Twelve? Southeastern Conference should be the SC, instead of SEC.

Why is it AT&T instead of just AT?

American Telegraph and Telephone. The point is still valid. No one uses telegraphs much anymore, except when aliens come in and destroy all the phone lines. When Penn State entered the league, renaming was considered. It was decided that the Big Ten name usurped the fact that there were 11 teams. Would we make the NFL rename itself if they actually put a team in London?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived