Thrift Store Gems 2016

Chewbacca

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$4 at Value Village (where they usually charge twice that or more for some beer league or lower jerseys) for this NHL 1992 men's XL All Star replica.

P1030292.JPG

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

On 6/23/2016 at 11:17 AM, ColeJ said:

Not a thrift store, but last night I grabbed an authentic starter florida Panthers 90s white sweater, size 52, on eBay for $26, shipping included.

Today I feel like a million bucks.

Was it an authentic with a fight strap?

23 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

$4 at Value Village (where they usually charge twice that or more for some beer league or lower jerseys) for this NHL 1992 men's XL All Star replica.

P1030292.JPG

That is one hell of a find. I honestly love that jersey. I recently found a white 2009 All-Star jersey with Iginla on it. Not my favorite jersey but for $30, I figured why not. I would upload a picture but my computer is being a pain right now.

22 hours ago, johnnysama said:

Got a Chicago Cubs wool cap for $4, an Everett Aquasox cap for $2, a navy blue Vancouver Canucks Markus Naslund jersey for $27, and a UC-Berkeley football jersey w/the #4 on it for $3.

I want that Cal jersey. I bet that #4 is for Jahvid Best.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Had a bit of luck lately...I've gone back to collecting the same things I did when I was 11 lol. I've converted my garage into a man cave and just display random sports stuff, so I'm constantly checking yard sales, thrift stores etc. Lately I've found an Oakland A's 'Swingin A's World Series (1974?) ceramic stein for a couple bucks. Not an A's fan, but a cool piece. A couple of old Mighty Ducks pennants for 0.99 a piece.

Today I found this old tin bucket with NHL logos on it..has to be from 1995-96 if I'm not mistaken. For $2.99, but half price at $1.49. Will make for a good garbage can or just to store stuff.  

20160629_145602.jpg?w=680

20160629_145551.jpg?w=680

20160629_145607.jpg?w=680

sig.png

On 6/23/2016 at 2:17 PM, ColeJ said:

Not a thrift store, but last night I grabbed an authentic starter florida Panthers 90s white sweater, size 52, on eBay for $26, shipping included.

Today I feel like a million bucks.

About a month back, I missed a Koho Rangers Blue Liberty Alternate of Theo Fleury in my size for $20. The buyer relisted it for $200. :censored:

4 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Had a bit of luck lately...I've gone back to collecting the same things I did when I was 11 lol. I've converted my garage into a man cave and just display random sports stuff, so I'm constantly checking yard sales, thrift stores etc. Lately I've found an Oakland A's 'Swingin A's World Series (1974?) ceramic stein for a couple bucks. Not an A's fan, but a cool piece. A couple of old Mighty Ducks pennants for 0.99 a piece.

Today I found this old tin bucket with NHL logos on it..has to be from 1995-96 if I'm not mistaken. For $2.99, but half price at $1.49. Will make for a good garbage can or just to store stuff.  

Definitely from '95-'96; that's the only year with both the Gorton's Fisherman and the Winnipeg Jets.

Also, are the Nordiques/Avalanche not there? Guess it was due to moving troubles.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

On June 29, 2016 at 2:39 PM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I used to have that back in the day! If I remember correctly, it came with sleeves of different flavours of popcorn inside. It was used as a garbage can for many years after. 

Got this oddball A's jersey - made by Majestic, zipper, heavier mesh with large holes, and short sleeves, but has pockets???

Maybe some of the baseball aficionados might know - seems odd for a jersey to have pockets, and if it is supposed to be more of a pullover jacket seems odd to make it out of mesh.  $7 in any case.

Also pictured Jays shirt from same Value Village visit for $2.50

P1030316.JPG

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

On 4/26/2016 at 11:01 PM, Zeus89725 said:

Got an NY Islanders Jason Blake pumpkin jersey for like 35$. It's what's below minus the Bob Bourne patch. Also really good considering I'm in Colorado.

58af64a3ce5eb41b.jpg

Holy Crap I would kill for that!! Blake was my favorite player as a kid. Awesome find!!!

2 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

Got this oddball A's jersey - made by Majestic, zipper, heavier mesh with large holes, and short sleeves, but has pockets???

Maybe some of the baseball aficionados might know - seems odd for a jersey to have pockets, and if it is supposed to be more of a pullover jacket seems odd to make it out of mesh.  $7 in any case.

Also pictured Jays shirt from same Value Village visit for $2.50

P1030316.JPG

I think it's an older BP jacket 

On 6/29/2016 at 8:29 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

Definitely from '95-'96; that's the only year with both the Gorton's Fisherman and the Winnipeg Jets.

Also, are the Nordiques/Avalanche not there? Guess it was due to moving troubles.

Hmm..now that you mention it, I don't recall seeing the Avs. I thought I saw the Sabres though, it could just be hidden (I wasn't super careful about getting every inch in the shot)

sig.png

Archived