coco1997's MLB Color Rush UPDATE: Twins in New Red Alternate

coco1997

After finishing my Uni-Swap Series, I got the itch to keep making baseball concepts. Thus, I present the MLB Color Rush series. Inspired by the NFL series of the same name, I will be designing monochrome (solid-color jerseys and pants) uniforms for all 30 MLB teams. Please provide C&C; I want to know what works and what doesn't--where I should add piping, where I should remove it, etc. We start today with the Mariners and Padres, AKA the "Vedder Cup."

Color%20Rush%20scans.28-page-001.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments. I made the Padres brown because it's a color that's unique to them (and there will be several teams in this series wearing solid yellow) but in hindsight the yellow would probably work better to create some contrast with the Mariners.

In the meantime, here are the Giants and Dodgers.

Color%20Rush%20scans.26-page-001.jpg

Dodgers-Giants looks very good. The white brim and white shoulder piping were nice touches for Dodgers. I also kinda wish the Padres were yellow but the brown isn't bad. Looking forward to the other yellow teams.

Thanks. The important thing for me to keep in mind with this series was adding different colored trim to "break up" all the monochrome.

I'll definitely be doing a yellow version of the Padres now that everyone has suggested it.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone!

Big fan of both the Sox and the Cubs, but I'd suggest adding a white outline to the cap logo. The cap is devoid of any white highlights, while the rest of the uniform has some.

Good point. Looking at it now I can definitely see why it doesn't look right.

This series looks interesting, the teams look great in spite of being monochrome. Can't wait for the braves!

Here you go!

Color%20Rush%20scans.12-page-001.jpg

Interesting idea. What in the world are you going to do for the White Sox because I am not sure all black is the way to go.

Ask and you shall receive:Color%20Rush%20scans.4-page-001.jpg

I like the Cubs but I don't like the White Sox blue.

I'm really liking these so far. I wonder what you'll do with teams that haven't changed that much like the Yankees and Red Sox.

And as for the Brewers - Twins, if the Brewers go Yellow, I personally think the Twins should go navy.

Please let the twins-Brewers be light blue vs yellow

I'm really liking these so far. I wonder what you'll do with teams that haven't changed that much like the Yankees and Red Sox.

And as for the Brewers - Twins, if the Brewers go Yellow, I personally think the Twins should go navy.

Here are the Reds and Brewers:

Color%20Rush%20scans.30-page-001.jpg

The Twins will be navy and paired with the Royals.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone!

Big fan of both the Sox and the Cubs, but I'd suggest adding a white outline to the cap logo. The cap is devoid of any white highlights, while the rest of the uniform has some.

Good point. Looking at it now I can definitely see why it doesn't look right.

This series looks interesting, the teams look great in spite of being monochrome. Can't wait for the braves!

Here you go!

Color%20Rush%20scans.12-page-001.jpg

Great work on the braves and phillies, this is exactly what I was hoping for with the braves and the phillies one is pretty awesome too.

Archived