Seattle Space Rangers- Australian Football Club

Spanna65

So, on another Graphics and Design forum that I frequent, we are having an Australian football competition,where you design three kits for a team which competes on weekly basis. Winners are decided by public vote.

This being the Leagues' second season,I thought I'd shake it up a bit. I relocated my New York franchise to Seattle.

Thus, the Space Rangers were born,named after Seattle's landmark Space Needle. I chose a vibrant "Galactic Green" and "Neutron Navy"

to fit in with the city's existing sports teams. I'd be interested to see your opinions on the logos I've created for them.

6eGTOAk.png

2QjmKNe.png

Nice work. I love the logos and the whole identity is really cool. Nice work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Be careful on how you use gradients and bevels. They usually end up creating a muddy look. The logos look great but maybe try and create a flat look (not just for the black & white).

Yeah, this. I really love the colors and the idea though. The logos are pretty good, don't get me wrong, but the needle ones feel a little too "vertical". Maybe try and put the "S-space needle" logo inside a circle to widen it out a little.

Be careful on how you use gradients and bevels. They usually end up creating a muddy look. The logos look great but maybe try and create a flat look (not just for the black & white).

Thanks for your feedback, I'll see what I can do.

I don't usually use Gradients, but I have for the "Turn Ahead the Clock" themed one.

Ok, so I've gotten rid of the Bevel, kept a little bit of shadow in there however. Thoughts ?? ( I know there's a wayward stroke too btw.)

yIkuOSa.png

Yeah, this. I really love the colors and the idea though. The logos are pretty good, don't get me wrong, but the needle ones feel a little too "vertical". Maybe try and put the "S-space needle" logo inside a circle to widen it out a little.

Only just saw this, I'll see what I can do. A roundel does sound like a nice idea though.

And with no shadow.

sA8l0B9.png

The only complaint is the purple needle logo. Not a fan, doesn't fit the color scheme. The white s primary is your best one there. Good job, I'm excited for guernseys

Cheers.

It's for the "Turn Ahead the clock" series. I was a bit stuck for inspiration,so some help in that field could help.

Definitely like the no shadow option. Now it seems like something is supposed to fit into the 'windows' of the space needle... a curve line(s)?

The font looks awesome. Don't change anything with that.

Ok, sounds great, I'll get to it. So like the plane zig zag through the space?

No shadow is the best. Personally, I think you should never use a gradient or shadow in any logo. I like your idea but the logo seems to be really plain. I would start by detailing the building a bit more and then add the beveled look from your first post by creating light grey shapes.

Also, make the text in your wordmark thicker and add more of an outline.

No shadow is the best. Personally, I think you should never use a gradient or shadow in any logo. I like your idea but the logo seems to be really plain. I would start by detailing the building a bit more and then add the beveled look from your first post by creating light grey shapes.

When it comes to detailing could you be more specific?

When it comes to detailing could you be more specific?

That's generally up to the designer. If this were mine, I would start by looking at a photo of the tower itself and use different shades of blue to create shadowing to make various parts of the building stand out. That way it doesn't completely overrun the 'S' but is still dynamic enough to catch the viewer's attention.

Very good. I would also add the beveled effect from your first post back to the 'S'. However, don't use a gradient. Just make light grey shapes to achieve your effect. One other thing that will easily help your logo feel coherent is keeping your outlines the same. If you're going to use green on the tower, you should also use a green outline on the 'S'.

Archived