• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even know what to say about the 49ers' ownership. They bring an inexperienced head coach into a hot, steaming pile of mess and expect... what? Something other than 5-11? And then plopcan the guy after one season at the helm of that hot, steaming pile of mess? It's ridiculous.

I'm not saying Jim Tomsula was the answer. It's just hard to believe anyone could've coached that team to more than .500. A new ownership is exponentially more the answer than a new coach is. If the Yorks don't watch out, the 49ers are going to quickly find themselves in a 2000s Lions/Browns-esque coaching carousel, PDQ.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

He was hired to be fired. York probably told him that during the interview.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Lions' ownership supports HC Jim Caldwell and plans to retain him, per sources. But Lions also expected to leave final decision to new GM.

Y2lxt.gif

That means we're the morons who would hire a GM who specifically fits the head coach... and not even a good head coach at that...

...so I'd like to welcome Chris and Bill Polian to Detroit! [/vomits everywhere]

As a Colts fan, I don't really like the idea of them potentially firing Pagano.

I mean good gravy, you lose Luck for the year, then lose a surprisingly productive Hasselbeck, then lose your 3rd stringer, then have to resort to rent-a-QB to get Freeman and you mean to tell me a tough season is Pagano's fault? Yeah, no. The fact he even got them to 8-8 in that situation as opposed to 5-11 or 6-10 is dang good coaching to me. A limping, hobbling roster was the problem, not Pagano.

EDIT: Whew, that was close. Very glad to hear Chuck's staying.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Tom Coughlin is out as the Giants head coach.

Coughlin decided to step down before Giants asked if he wanted to stay, per source. Coughlin will remain active, open to listening to teams.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'd put good money on it that every single good coaching candidate the Niners talk to about their opening just laughs in their faces and hangs up on them. Any coach worth his clout isnt going to come to the Niners and work for those clowns. Just look at how badly they screwed up the Harbaugh situation AND the hiring of his replacement. I remember a few years ago before the Raiders hired Kiffin they offered the Job to Steve Sarkisian, and he basically laughed in their faces and hung up. He knew how much of a dumpster fire that front office was, and he wasnt going to touch that situation with a ten foot pole. Id actually argue that the Niners are even MORE of a dumpster fire at this point because Jed doesnt have the old and senile card to play.

Niners fans need to just face it. Jed has completely ruined this franchise. Until he sells the team, gets run out of Santa Clara, or gets hit by a bus, the Niners are in for DECADES of frustration and mediocrity.

Agreed with all of this. And still, amazingly, they were a play away from winning the Super Bowl.

I bet Michigan wins the NCAA title (or at least makes the playoffs) before SF wins a division title.

Michigan will win the Championship Playoffs before SF has another winning season. That's how bad SF situation is.

Archived