• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A man named Eli, with the last name Apple, heads to the Big Apple to a team with another man named Eli.

From ESPN and Mel Kiper, it sounded like the Giants were ready to send in the card with Floyd's name on it had Chicago not leapfrogged them...

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Is there a rule that you can only give draftees jerseys with #1?  Why couldn't LA and Phila have given Goff and Wentz jerseys with their numbers?  It's not like they didn't know who they were going to get and had to iron on a name on a generic jersey at the last minute.

Technically the Eagles have an 11, but it's a guy that they literally just signed last week that hasn't even worn the uniform so I fully expect them to give it to Wentz.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know that's not a problem in the NHL, traditionally the jerseys have the year on it (15, 16, etc.) but last year McDavid was given a #97 jersey.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is there a rule that you can only give draftees jerseys with #1?  Why couldn't LA and Phila have given Goff and Wentz jerseys with their numbers?  It's not like they didn't know who they were going to get and had to iron on a name on a generic jersey at the last minute.

Technically the Eagles have an 11, but it's a guy that they literally just signed last week that hasn't even worn the uniform so I fully expect them to give it to Wentz.

Probably because a lot of teams usually don't have their player in mind? They usually have a list? I don't know it could be anything; even something simplistic as having every uniform given to each draftee being the same.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

3 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Probably because a lot of teams usually don't have their player in mind? They usually have a list? I don't know it could be anything; even something simplistic as having every uniform given to each draftee being the same.

I am referring specifically to the Rams and Eagles, who knew exactly who they were going to select.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I am referring specifically to the Rams and Eagles, who knew exactly who they were going to select.

I honestly don't know. Maybe; LA and Philly will change the numbers they'll give Goff and Wentz respectively.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

He hit record about a minute too soon, but EDP manages to somehow approve the pick while also threatening to carve Carson Wentz' stomach open and cremate him.  At least he approves.

I'll reframe from saying anything negative about Miami's pick. I personally think it's a steal, considering Tunsil was originally a projected #1 pick before Tennessee traded down. The guy did some mistakes, hopefully he learns from them, but an OT was a much needed position for Miami.

The happiest person right now is Ryan Tannehill. Sacked an insane amount of times. With a first pick type talent protecting the line that should hopefully change if he stays out of trouble. Best pick of the draft so far.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

If there's a team with no support system and an area where Tunsil will have plenty of distractions... it's Miami.

And no media or fan pressure to actually work hard and play well, and no expectations for the team.  There's a few teams that I get the feeling that when you're on them it's like yeah you're in the league, but you're not in the league - the Dolphins just seem to be one of those teams that exists, but isn't ever going to be meaningful.  It's a great place for a player to go, make a lot of money, have a lot of fun, and not be held to a high standard.

So Myles Jack, Darren Lee, and Shaq Lawson are all still available....the Falcons better be snagging one of those three.  Would be great if Jack is the pick (injury and future slightly in doubt), but can be happy with Lawson and Lee.  And the Falcons may be able to slide back and still get one of these guys....

3 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

So Myles Jack, Darren Lee, and Shaq Lawson are all still available....the Falcons better be snagging one of those three.  Would be great if Jack is the pick (injury and future slightly in doubt), but can be happy with Lawson and Lee.  And the Falcons may be able to slide back and still get one of these guys....

Jack may need microfracture.

Many teams think Lawson needs shoulder surgery ASAP.

isn't WR the last position you "need" if you're completely horrible and need to build from scratch?  Wouldn't a OL, DL, DB, or... anything have made more sense for Cleveland?

Archived