• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It feels weird to see Seattle with a 1st Round pick after three straight years of no picks in the first round. Someone like Myles Jack would be a great steal, but I'm not sure how well he would fit there.

Edit: No Jack... but the O-Line was a HUGE need. Good move, guys!

45 minutes ago, smoke072 said:

And there goes Lynch to Denver, hopefully this will solve their QB issue.

I had this pick called months ago. John must've seen some greatness in him.

6uXNWAo.png

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

No surprises here. Goff goes #1 to LA. Wentz 2 to Philly.

It's nights like this I miss Jahgee.

Wentz will have the better career.

Rams go for the guy with good, but not great numbers from an air raid offense, which is basically 180 degrees from their own offensive philosophy.  The Rams are also under the mistaken impression that Cal has fans, especially in Southern California, and actually cares enough about football to prep a guy for being the guy in Los Angeles.  While a starter Goff went 14-23, and hovered around .500 in 1 possession games, which means I have limited expectations for his ability to actually win games through his own devices.

All in all, par for the course for this organization.  I might start calling him Bradford 2.0, if not for the fact that Bradford had a better run in college.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Larry Tunsil's bad night became a bad night for Ole Miss after he basically admitted in a press conference that he took money while playing there.

Even Ryan Leaf thinks this was a bad pick.

6uXNWAo.png

Oh yeah, also probably a good time to mention that there's a star linebacker from UCLA drifting around there and BOY BRILLIANT CALL ON DEALING ALL OF THE DAY 2 PICKS GUYS!

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Larry Tunsil's bad night became a bad night for Ole Miss after he basically admitted in a press conference that he took money while playing there.

It's not really news that Tunsil took money while playing at Ole Miss. He was suspended 7 games last year for it.

http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101215aae.html

8 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Sheriff Joe Arpaio is rubbing his hands together on the Cardinals drafting Robert Nkemdiche and the posse following him to the desert. Did you see that crew in the Green Room?

35 games and just 7 sacks

I'm sure he did the same thing when Tyrann Mathieu got drafted.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

1.  EDP respects the hell out of the AFC North this season.

2.  0:40 is some of the best method acting of his "career".

3.  Dude don't have a lot of love for Roger Goodell.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

EDP is not long for this world. I worry about his health. 

I wanted the Bengals to take Myles Jack, but this corner they took is a good pick. I like it even more after hearing he was the Steelers favorite player on their board. If the Bengals took this guy just to dick the Steelers then I support it 1000% and maybe a silver lining of the worst playoff loss in my lifetime is we got to snipe a pick from Pittsburgh. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 hours ago, rams80 said:

Wentz will have the better career.

Rams go for the guy with good, but not great numbers from an air raid offense, which is basically 180 degrees from their own offensive philosophy.  The Rams are also under the mistaken impression that Cal has fans, especially in Southern California, and actually cares enough about football to prep a guy for being the guy in Los Angeles.  While a starter Goff went 14-23, and hovered around .500 in 1 possession games, which means I have limited expectations for his ability to actually win games through his own devices.

All in all, par for the course for this organization.  I might start calling him Bradford 2.0, if not for the fact that Bradford had a better run in college.

Not sure how you can say that.  I've never seen him play and hadn't even heard of him until a month ago, but he played 1-AA football in a dome in front of 500 people in the middle of nowhere, and now he's going to play with/against the best players in the world in front of 70k rabid people in major cities all over the country.  

I don't know that he won't have a great career, but it's more likely that he'll flop.  He probably has the higher upside though, so it's high-risk, high-reward.

I guess if he sucks, he can ask Jesus for advice, since he apparently talks to him all the time and has a tattoo to remind him that Jesus is the only one watching him.  It comforts me knowing that he trusts that Jesus will make him good rather than having to work hard and make decisions on his own.  That's the makings of a great leader.  /sarcasm.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Not sure how you can say that.  I've never seen him play and hadn't even heard of him until a month ago, but he played 1-AA football in a dome in front of 500 people in the middle of nowhere, and now he's going to play with/against the best players in the world in front of 70k rabid people in major cities all over the country.

Try 18,500, and the funny thing is with sports in smaller towns (especially if you are good) is that the fishbowl effect is magnified.  I certainly think he's more battle-tested for dealing with large crowds or being the BMOC than some dude from Berkeley.  As for the talent level, yes there is more in FBS, but the gulf is smaller than you think, and driven as much by overall roster sizes as it is by individual talent, as FCS teams also have the players who couldn't academically qualify in FBS or got into legal trouble while at an FBS school.  North Dakota State probably would have been an 8 win team in the Big Ten last season, assuming equal depth.

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't know that he won't have a great career, but it's more likely that he'll flop.  He probably has the higher upside though, so it's high-risk, high-reward.

I guess if he sucks, he can ask Jesus for advice, since he apparently talks to him all the time and has a tattoo to remind him that Jesus is the only one watching him.  It comforts me knowing that he trusts that Jesus will make him good rather than having to work hard and make decisions on his own.  That's the makings of a great leader.  /sarcasm.

Goff schilled for all of the brands on social media last night.  I'd honestly prefer somebody who relies on religion over somebody whose first priority seems to be maximizing endorsement dollars.

Today, we are all otaku.

5 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Try 18,500, and the funny thing is with sports in smaller towns (especially if you are good) is that the fishbowl effect is magnified.  I certainly think he's more battle-tested for dealing with large crowds or being the BMOC than some dude from Berkeley.  As for the talent level, yes there is more in FBS, but the gulf is smaller than you think, and driven as much by overall roster sizes as it is by individual talent, as FCS teams also have the players who couldn't academically qualify in FBS or got into legal trouble while at an FBS school.  North Dakota State probably would have been an 8 win team in the Big Ten last season, assuming equal depth.

Goff schilled for all of the brands on social media last night.  I'd honestly prefer somebody who relies on religion over somebody whose first priority seems to be maximizing endorsement dollars.

Wentz has already done Bose and Tide detergent(!) ads and signed a deal with JCPenny, who provided his attire for last night.  He's going to get all the dorky white guy endorsements:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/04/carson-wentz-is-the-new-nick-foles-of-endorsements.html

I was not really sure where to put this...probably draft time is not the best time to sneak something else into this thread...

Former Wisconsin and Current Detroit Lion LB DeAndre Levy nails it...

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/deandre-levy-sexual-assault-awareness/

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

I was not really sure where to put this...probably draft time is not the best time to sneak something else into this thread...

Former Wisconsin and Current Detroit Lion LB DeAndre Levy nails it...

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/deandre-levy-sexual-assault-awareness/

Thanks for sharing. Not a regular reader of TPT, but I mostly see viral posts from dummies. It's nice to see something important being addressed. Good for Levy and for TPT for posting it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived