4 hours ago, DDR said:

Yeah, but he's WIDE OPEN when he drops them! He creates separation or something. 

Or defenses know he'll drop the pass anyway so they don't bother covering him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Or defenses know he'll drop the pass anyway so they don't bother covering him.

Shut up, guys! Stop ruining my buzz.

Though I know you're right : ( 

6 hours ago, Magnus said:

Trust Sporting News to pick up a Reddit thread from two weeks ago.

A small independent clothing line wanted to get a little press by taking a public shot at the Rams' former home. And lazy "journalists" fall for it. Yawn. 

Rams will train in Thousand Oaks at Cal Lutheran for at least the next two seasons.

Excerpt:

(THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – March 30, 2016) California Lutheran University has entered into an agreement with the Los Angeles Rams to allow the team to base its training operations on the university’s Thousand Oaks campus for at least two years.

The Rams will pay for and put in two practice fields, a paved parking lot and temporary modular buildings containing offices, training areas and locker rooms on the northwest corner of the campus. They can use the area for the next two to five years while they wait for their permanent training facility to be built.

The facility at Cal Lutheran will be the home base for about 130 athletes, coaches, trainers and other staff members. Regular season practices will be held from September through January starting this year, and off-season activities will be based at the facility from March through July starting in 2017.

The Rams plan to offer opportunities to the Cal Lutheran community, including internships for students, while their operations are based on campus.

The city of Thousand Oaks has already approved construction of the fields and parking lot as part of Cal Lutheran’s master plan, and the Rams will turn them over to the university after they depart. The Rams have applied to the city for permission to install the modular buildings and approval is pending.

While the Rams are based on campus, Cal Lutheran can use the parking lot during major events such as commencement. Cal Lutheran’s athletic teams will use the fields after the team departs. The university will also be able to use infrastructure built by the Rams for future athletic facilities it plans to add.

Look out SCIAC!  The Kingsmen are coming for you!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bengals signed Karlos Dansby and Brandon Lafell. Dansby will be more useful than AJ Hawk and Lafell is a solid replacement for Marvin Jones. Good moves IMO. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

Are those prices good or bad compared to the rest of the league? $250/game for the best seats seems weirdly reasonable, at least when I'm used to seeing $300 "cheap seats" on StubHub for Seahawks games.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That seems to be very low.  Of course the fact that the facility isn't your typical NFL-caliber stadium might have something to do with that.  Hard to justify charging premium prices for a sub-standard game-day experience.

For comparison, I'm pretty sure that the cheapest Eagles season ticket is $1,000, which I think was in the middle of the pack for NFL prices (which actually makes it a bargain when you compare them to teams in similar markets.)  Of course the worst seat at Lincoln Financial Field is probably a lot better than the worst seat at the LA Coliseum, and the amenities probably would also be superior.

One thing they did this season for the first time - the pre season games are now only 50% the cost of regular season games... but they instituted variable pricing, so the division games went up in cost so the end result is exactly the same as when the preseason games were full price.  THis only applies to season tickets - individual game sales for preseason are still full price.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

Josh Gordon failed another drug test last month. I don't think he's gonna be reinstated anytime soon.

He seems to not care at all about his job, which is a damn shame because he's a really talented WR.

The Los Angeles Rams are now on the clock.

Per all the NFL insiders, the Titans have traded the #1 overall pick to the Rams.

To LA: #1 overall, #113, #177.

To TEN: #15 overall, #43, #45, #76 and LA's 2017 1st & 3rd rounders. 

6uXNWAo.png

The only team this really hurts is the Browns. Instead of having their pick between Goff and Wentz, they'll be stuck with Wentz.

I should be mad, but honestly they will have the #1 pick next year. They can just take the best QB in the 2017 class to replace Wentz.

6 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The only team this really hurts is the Browns. Instead of having their pick between Goff and Wentz, they'll be stuck with Wentz.

I should be mad, but honestly they will have the #1 pick next year. They can just take the best QB in the 2017 class to replace Wentz.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived