Doesn't hurt to see what the market price is on the #2 spot. Doesn't mean you're serious. But if a team really wows you with an offer, you can consider it. I think it's safe to say Hue thinks RG3 will be the guy if we're intent on passing on Wentz (assuming Goff goes #1).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Doesn't hurt to see what the market price is on the #2 spot. Doesn't mean you're serious. But if a team really wows you with an offer, you can consider it. I think it's safe to say Hue thinks RG3 will be the guy if we're intent on passing on Wentz (assuming Goff goes #1).

Went is the classic risk-reward prospect. He has the potential to be Andrew Luck or Ryan Leaf. Goff's ceiling may not be as high, but his floor is much higher than Wentz's. I think that the Browns can't absorb another failed first round draft pick at QB, and they must believe that Wentz has too much chance of busting to have them take him at #2. 

spacer.png

11 hours ago, CS85 said:

http://nfltraderumors.co/browns-open-trading-back-expect-rams-take-jared-goff/

I guess the Browns feel like Rams are going to take Goff and would be interested in trading down.

Telling you right now the Eagles are going to trade with them to get Wentz, though they may wait until immediately after the Rams make their choice official.  I don't see the Browns trading the pick prior to then.

If the Rams choose Goff, then the Eagles deal that was on the table to LA might go on the table for Cleveland, who would be a fool not to take it.  I think the Eagles are absolute fools for even proposing it, and for jizzing themselves over a QB that played against high-school talent.

Just as fast as they started to dig themselves out from the hole that CHip Kelly put them in, they're going to ruin the franchise.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Telling you right now the Eagles are going to trade with them to get Wentz, though they may wait until immediately after the Rams make their choice official.  I don't see the Browns trading the pick prior to then.

If the Rams choose Goff, then the Eagles deal that was on the table to LA might go on the table for Cleveland, who would be a fool not to take it.  I think the Eagles are absolute fools for even proposing it, and for jizzing themselves over a QB that played against high-school talent.

Just as fast as they started to dig themselves out from the hole that CHip Kelly put them in, they're going to ruin the franchise.

Dunno about that.  I think the Eagles are in a good place to get either Wentz or Lynch.  They really don't have a lot of assets to trade without plundering future draft picks, but then again this is the Eagles.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

6 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Dunno about that.  I think the Eagles are in a good place to get either Wentz or Lynch.  They really don't have a lot of assets to trade without plundering future draft picks, but then again this is the Eagles.

Someone published what their offer was to the Titans (all draft picks - at least a 1 and 3 this year + at least 3 picks next year) and their 1 is better than LA's 1 was.  I can't imagine why they'd cripple their future drafts, unless they really really really believe that Wentz is "The Guy".  I have a feeling that they just want to get the best QB they can this year and start over, whether or not this year's best QB is really a franchise QB (which it would seem is not the case.)

They're at 8 now, so Cleveland would only be moving down 6 spots.  The Eagles do have some talent that they can trade in addition to picks, but they'd be silly to do so, especially since theyr'e already without a 2 this year thanks to the Sam Bradford trade last year.  Stupid Chip Kelly.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Someone published what their offer was to the Titans (all draft picks - at least a 1 and 3 this year + at least 3 picks next year) and their 1 is better than LA's 1 was.  I can't imagine why they'd cripple their future drafts, unless they really really really believe that Wentz is "The Guy".  I have a feeling that they just want to get the best QB they can this year and start over, whether or not this year's best QB is really a franchise QB (which it would seem is not the case.)

They're at 8 now, so Cleveland would only be moving down 6 spots.  The Eagles do have some talent that they can trade in addition to picks, but they'd be silly to do so, especially since theyr'e already without a 2 this year thanks to the Sam Bradford trade last year.  Stupid Chip Kelly.

I don't think existing talent gets traded for 1st round picks very often.  I think Muhammed Wilkerson may be the exception to the rule this year, but he'll be part of a bigger package. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

25 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I don't think existing talent gets traded for 1st round picks very often.  I think Muhammed Wilkerson may be the exception to the rule this year, but he'll be part of a bigger package. 

They're struggling to sign Fletcher Cox to an extension.  He's a game-changer on the DL, and would be coveted by pretty much anyone in a trade, including for a #1.

Noticed today Nike dropped  their endorsement deal with Manziel. How does this work? Does Manziel get a buyout fee? What about when guys careers take a turn like RG3's?  He use to have models of adidas cleats can they drop him when he sucks or was his contract too long?

There was a quote in an article about Josh Gordon from Manziel where he basically said "I don't think any NFL team has a problem with me partying" which shows the extent of just how much he doesn't get it. His partying is the reason he doesn't have a job right now, is the reason two separate agencies have dropped him, the reason he's losing endorsements left and right, and is the reason NFL teams aren't beating his door down to sign him. What a dumbass. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Told ya. They heart wentz. Gave up too much. Unless wentz really is a franchise guy, this doesn't work out 

eagles e's already didn't have a 2 this year, and they just traded 3 and 4. Not how you rebuild a team. 

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Told ya. They heart wentz. Gave up too much. Unless wentz really is a franchise guy, this doesn't work out 

eagles e's already didn't have a 2 this year, and they just traded 3 and 4. Not how you rebuild a team. 

Here is the "Jimmy Johnson Draft Trade Value Chart"

The #2 overall is worth 2,600 points and the Browns got back 1,705 points to use in next week's draft. 

As of now, I think CLE has six of the first 100 picks (8, 32, 65, 77, 99 and 100).

3 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Another draft goes by without the Browns finding a franchise QB...

This year, that's perfectly OK.  They have so many needs that a QB is going to be protected by a bad OL regardless this year and it's better to sacrifice RG3 and/or Josh McCown than a rookie. 

Eagles have virtually no future at this rate.  They have given up so much to get a guy who could very well be nothing in the NFL in Carson Wentz.  That franchise is on the fast train to football hell, me thinks.

The Browns meanwhile load up on picks wisely and are still in a position to get a Paxton Lynch or any one of a bevy of tremendous defensive players.  Cleveland now needs to do what it hasn't done for years and draft well.

twitter

Yeah thy better be getting Peyton Manning and not Ryan Leaf here. 

They said they know who they're getting, which makes sense because you don't make the trade if you're not sure. Must have Intel on LA's preference (and since Eagles have been tied to Wentz for so long, LA must certainly be taking the other guy) 

8 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah thy better be getting Peyton Manning and not Ryan Leaf here. 

They said they know who they're getting, which makes sense because you don't make the trade if you're not sure. Must have Intel on LA's preference (and since Eagles have been tied to Wentz for so long, LA must certainly be taking the other guy) 

Saw some reports that seem to "verify" that the Eagles absolutely know who the Rams are picking, but all bets are off come next Thursday evening.  What boggles my mind is that this draft is dense with quality defensive players and a sparing few potentially elite offensive tackles, yet people are trading picks like candy to get 1 of 3 feast-or-famine QBs.  Maybe it's just the conservative fantasy GM in me, but I find this deal and the Rams deal really stupid, but I guess it all depends on who's being taken.  The Rams could take Jalen Ramsey & the Eagles draft Tunsil.  I'd love that chaos.

twitter

Archived