I'm not buying the Eagles taking a QB with the second pick. They're paying Sam Bradford a minimum of $33M over two years (signing bonus included) and paying Chase Daniel a minimum of $18M over 3 years (signing bonus included). I believe I'm doing the math right. Obviously they're committed if they're willing to guarantee a minimum $51M to two B-List quarterbacks (and that's being generous, especially to Bradford). It would be wise for the Eagles to select either Laremy Tunsil or Ezekiel Elliott.

I'd say whichever QB the Rams don't select goes somewhere between 4th Overall (Cowboys) & 11th (Bears). Teams who could draft the remaining QB are Cowboys, 49ers (7th), maybe Giants (10th), or even the Bears. 11th overall is the furthest Goff or Wentz could drop.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I'm not buying the Eagles taking a QB with the second pick. They're paying Sam Bradford a minimum of $33M over two years (signing bonus included) and paying Chase Daniel a minimum of $18M over 3 years (signing bonus included). I believe I'm doing the math right. Obviously they're committed if they're willing to guarantee a minimum $51M to two B-List quarterbacks (and that's being generous, especially to Bradford). It would be wise for the Eagles to select either Laremy Tunsil or Ezekiel Elliott.

I'd say whichever QB the Rams don't select goes somewhere between 4th Overall (Cowboys) & 11th (Bears). Teams who could draft the remaining QB are Cowboys, 49ers (7th), maybe Giants (10th), or even the Bears. 11th overall is the furthest Goff or Wentz could drop.

Your Bradford numbers are off by $10M in real cap numbers and guarantees.  Plus, he can be released a year from now with PHL only paying out ~$22M and only $5.5M in dead money.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/3/1/11143620/sam-bradford-contract-details-eagles-philadelphia-salary-cap-dead-money

They be giving a ton of signing bonus to the #2 overall pick through the slotted system regardless. It just happens that this off-season, PHL spent a lot of cash on QBs.

Bradford will ask for a trade out of Philly.  There were reports yesterday that he was "hot" after the deal.

Rightly so, imo.  You can't feel good when a team pledges your loyalty to you and then proceeds to sign not just one, but two people who will likely replace you as soon as possible.

Even if the Browns' picks don't end up panning out, it won't be so bad for them because a) they're already so bad and Unintentional Sunglasses Emoticon) it was a move made to help the franchise.  If Wentz ends up being Ryan Leaf instead of Andrew Luck, it will go down as a terrible trade for the Eagles.  That's why i think the Browns made out so much better in the deal.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Bradford will ask for a trade out of Philly.  There were reports yesterday that he was "hot" after the deal.

Rightly so, imo.  You can't feel good when a team pledges your loyalty to you and then proceeds to sign not just one, but two people who will likely replace you as soon as possible.

Even if the Browns' picks don't end up panning out, it won't be so bad for them because a) they're already so bad and Unintentional Sunglasses Emoticon) it was a move made to help the franchise.  If Wentz ends up being Ryan Leaf instead of Andrew Luck, it will go down as a terrible trade for the Eagles.  That's why i think the Browns made out so much better in the deal.

Signing you to a TWO year deal with an easy-out after ONE year isn't "pledging loyalty". 

It is "we don't want you long term but we'll overpay you if you stick around and start for a year then cash in somewhere else next year". 

Chase Daniels (who I know nothing about) was likely signed to be the backup for the next few years regardless of who the starter was to be. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now the local news is up in Fargo interviewing anyone that knows anything about Carson Wentz, and they're all talking about what he'll be like for the Eagles.

If the intel is wrong and the Rams do take him over Goff, that would be a swerve that even WWE couldn't pull off.  I kinda want it to happen just to see the level of freak out from everyone that's been trying to talk themselves in to liking this deal in the last 24 hours.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Not a chance the Eagles are taking anybody but a QB with that 2nd pick. If it ends up being Wentz, which seems that way, the Eagles probably won't play him right away and will most likely have him sit under Bradford. This seems like the smartest thing to do.

Teams don't trade up and give up that much for offensive tackles, especially not when they already have one of the best in Peters.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Peters is done. He'll be a guard or retired after this year. They said they are drafting a ab with the pick. Teams lie but not that egregiously. Bradford is starter this year then gone. Daniels is a $7m backup which is odd.

They could frade Bradford to Denver and start Daniels, which might get them a few of the picks they lost back. But the thing is they really think they can win games this year and need Bradford that. I don't see the point of winning. 

Josh Norman is visiting the Redskins on Friday and per Bleacher Report, he won't be leaving without a deal getting done. It's expected to be a "big money" deal. $14-15M per year.

I hope and pray if a deal gets done it won't turn into another Albert Haynesworth situation.

4 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Josh Norman is visiting the Redskins on Friday and per Bleacher Report, he won't be leaving without a deal getting done. It's expected to be a "big money" deal. $14-15M per year.

I wonder what the Skins will have to do to get under the cap. I think they only have $13 million in space. Going to enjoy seeing if he was a product of a great defense, or if he is actually that good since he'll have to guard Dez and ODB jr 4 times a year.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

39 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I wonder what the Skins will have to do to get under the cap. I think they only have $13 million in space. Going to enjoy seeing if he was a product of a great defense, or if he is actually that good since he'll have to guard Dez and ODB jr 4 times a year.

To relieve some cap space I'd bet they'll let Andre Roberts go. Possibly Garçon or Jackson if needed.

Lineage of Eagles trade w/ Browns (from crossingbroad.com)

Voila_Capture-2016-04-22_11-45-43_AM-110

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Lineage of Eagles trade w/ Browns (from crossingbroad.com)

Voila_Capture-2016-04-22_11-45-43_AM-110

Ugh.  I'd like to see this laid out for the Browns over the years.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yeah whenever I think that the Eagles are stupid for making this move, I just think of the flip side - the Browns screw everything up, which means that they certainly screwed this up. 

It's the Cleveland effect - whoever the Eagles draft has to be a hall of famer, because Cleveland passed on him and the universe would implode otherwise.

9 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

It's official: Norman signs with the Skins. He gets to renew his rivalry with ODB.

5 years 75 million.

Cornerback market is absolutely broken.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Good for him for getting his money and Godspeed on his career...

BUT HAHAHAHA 5 YEARS $75 MILLION WITH $50 MILLION GUARANTEED?!?!?! WASHINGTON JUST THROWING AROUND CASH THEY DONT EVEN HAVE

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

26 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Good for him for getting his money and Godspeed on his career...

BUT HAHAHAHA 5 YEARS $75 MILLION WITH $50 MILLION GUARANTEED?!?!?! WASHINGTON JUST THROWING AROUND CASH THEY DONT EVEN HAVE

WAS will end up not offering Kirk Cousins a long term contract and draft someone next season.

Or if Kaepernick stays in SF this year, he'll be reunited with him next February via trade.

Archived