366 Days of Baseball Uniforms - Day 50 posted

JayJaxon

On Twitter and Instagram I am posting a new trio of baseball uniforms every day.  I thought I would use the forum here to show them off as well.  You can make requests, post opinions, or point out mistakes.  I want to make these as accurate as possible and of course mistakes will happen.  Having fresh sets of eyes on these have always helped me. You can follow me on Twitter at @DiamondUniforms and Instagram at @JayJaxon

Here is Day 1. I'll post the second and third day shortly 

DAY%201.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am taking requests, but they must be for actual uniforms. Everything you see here has been worn on a professional baseball field before. I probably should have clarified that in the beginning. My apologies.

Here is Day 4:

DAY%204.png

On day 1 you should fix the cap on the mets. You put there regular cap but they wear their alternate grey ny symbol with that one.

In 2013 they did not have that hat yet. That is where the uniform is from.

DAY 6DAY%206.png

Here is Day 6. To answer a few questions, the project is for MLB uniforms only. I'm not saying later down the road I won't get into the minor leagues, but for now this has taken up all my time.

I would love to see the Diamond Uniform Database completed and this project will go a long way to making that happen. I actually do not run that site although I have been working with them.

Will we ever see the Diamond Uniform Database be completed someday as well?

Have you tried Dressed To the Nines?

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

DAY 7

DAY%207.png

Dressed to the Nines is the most complete uniform resource we have, but it is far from complete. What the Diamond Uniforms Database will do is fill in the gaps while keeping everything under one template. It just takes a really long time to do all of these.

And in Dressed to the Nines, the coloured unis templates look faded and in low resolution, not to mention that their templates changed from the mid 1990s. In the Diamond Uniform Database, a backside template should be added as well. Also, statistics like in the Gridiron Uniform Database.

Archived