Matt Forte in new Nike Vapor Uniform Today?

__taylorc

So its been a while since I've been on this site but seeing this today made me want to post something.

I was watching the Lions vs Bears game and I noticed that Matt Forte's uniform looked different from the rest of the team. I looked closely when they zoomed in on him and I realized that he didn't have on the Nike Flywire that the teams wears, and the more I looked the more different it seemed to be, first the sweat boxes where different and and second there wasn't as much stitching on the back. It looks like he was wearing the new Nike Vapor uniforms; basically what Oregon unveiled last night.

XdD3obH.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a good photo of this right now but I will look harder to find better quality shots of it.

lRqc8LU.png

Matt Forte wasn't the only Bear to wear this uniform either but unfortunately I couldn't remember his name

Tj4ZkPU.png

1zwchs3.jpg_zpshph8rzul.png

27xqdyc.jpg_zps7iobnqxz.png

I'm beginning to think Nike is trying to make a template that can be used for both the NFL and NCAA so they can cut down on the amount of different templates they have to keep for all the teams they sponsor.

I suspect it's more about getting trapped in their sales pitch. NFL teams will want to have their latest and greatest. So will college teams. Nike can either offer them all the same template, or have to explain why one is better than the other.

So its been a while since I've been on this site but seeing this today made me want to post something.

I was watching the Lions vs Bears game and I noticed that Matt Forte's uniform looked different from the rest of the team. I looked closely when they zoomed in on him and I realized that he didn't have on the Nike Flywire that the teams wears, and the more I looked the more different it seemed to be, first the sweat boxes where different and and second there wasn't as much stitching on the back. It looks like he was wearing the new Nike Vapor uniforms; basically what Oregon unveiled last night.

XdD3obH.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a good photo of this right now but I will look harder to find better quality shots of it.

lRqc8LU.png

Matt Forte wasn't the only Bear to wear this uniform either but unfortunately I couldn't remember his name

He's worn a white version vs Buccaneers and Washington.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm beginning to think Nike is trying to make a template that can be used for both the NFL and NCAA so they can cut down on the amount of different templates they have to keep for all the teams they sponsor.

The elite 51 and the speed machine were essentially the same and both derived off the original pro combat I believe. The issue is that nike kept updating to newer versions but kept schools in older templates for quite some time...just recently they've been forcing their elite schools into adopting the latest and greatest....for the nfl they are going to have the same issues of having to modify the template to accommodate the unique inserts like the broncos and cards which will make the design update somewhat labor intensive.

I'm curious to see how they'll adapt this template to teams with traditional collars (i.e. Pats, Bills, etc).

But I'm most interested to see what the fan retail versions of this template look like.

Agreed. The retail versions seem to suffer the most on any of these Nike templates. It would be great to buy any level of jersey and not have drastic inconsistencies from what you see on the field to what you spend an arm and a leg for.

SEAsig.png

So with the lack of stitching, does that mean no more of the Godawful contrast-stitching the Browns have been using?

If they switch over, then yes. However, I don't believe we have seen any confirmation that this will be a league-wide switch. If anything, it is likely it will be another option, just like you saw teams stick with their existing pre-Nike construction uniforms instead of going Elite 51.

If players wore their jerseys like Forte in those pictures there would be little to no problem with sleeve "stripes" being compressed. It looks like that template has lots of room for stripes.

As short as the sleeves are hopefully San Francisco could pull their stripes up. I don't know why none of the players would request it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If players wore their jerseys like Forte in those pictures there would be little to no problem with sleeve "stripes" being compressed. It looks like that template has lots of room for stripes.

As short as the sleeves are hopefully San Francisco could pull their stripes up. I don't know why none of the players would request it.

Because the players couldn't care less how their uniforms look. They want them to feel good and to give them the ability to perform well. The althletes don't care about stripes being cut off or socks that have the same color as the pants.

Archived