College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, except for the orange helmet, completely different stripes, and V's everywhere.

Seriously?  Didn't we just have this same conversation about Nebraska and Wisconsin.   Here's my list of priorities if I'm designing a college football uniform.  Step one; use my school colors. Step two; look really good.  Step 99;  worry about what other schools look like.

Ok, you got me.  Fair point.

It seems like UVA has more recently used the orange jerseys a lot (or at least those have been the games I've caught). 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3 hours ago, williams said:

...Except Auburn got their colors from Virginia. Auburn even acknowledges that on their official website.

Auburn's first-ever football coach in 1892 was a Virginia alum and took UVa's colors with him. Auburn didn't have any school colors until then. 

http://www.auburntigers.com/trads/04_auburn_colors.html

Interesting story. Good thing CCSLC wasn't around in 1892, we would've ripped him a new one.

12 hours ago, rsaline said:

Interesting story. Good thing CCSLC wasn't around in 1892, we would've ripped him a new one.

In other news, Penn State moving back to Pink and Black.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

*matte blue helmets.

I'm intrigued in how this font looks, because everything else about this rebranding screams traditional, yet the leak we saw seems like the font is wonky.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Just got done watching the live feed, they didn't show any throwbacks which was smart since that's the color scheme 99% of the fan base wants. The fonts on the football uni's were better than I thought they'd be and thankfully no white helmet.

4 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

2016-05-18 19_16_16-Pitt Football on Twitter_ _#PittScript Uniforms ?? https___t.co_gflxX5Ce1n_.png

2016-05-18 19_16_32-Pitt Football on Twitter_ _#PittScript Uniforms ?? https___t.co_gflxX5Ce1n_.png

Not a big fan of the font and the collar logo looks really cheap . At least the traditionalists should love this set? or does no striping on the pants kill this look ? (helmet striping also different from the jersey)

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

1) No pants stripe - definite downgrade

2) The weird font is unneccessary. Away numbers look smaller than home because of the unreadable gold outline
3) Helmet stripe still doesnt' go the whole way down to the end of the helmet

4) Sleeve stripes are an upgrade.

5) No throwback shown, but the leaks and indications are that they're coming, probably for the Penn State game.

6) Matte helmet is fine, I guess.

On 5/17/2016 at 9:26 AM, jmac11281 said:

Well that's just PFPS. 

Syracuse is wearing their pink and green throwbacks this year.  Now it's just out of hand.

Archived